Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Scoobynetters get caught…

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2002, 05:21 PM
Richie1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next time, lots of ppl take camers and video the police doing their videoing for 2 good reason -

1. It may annoy the **** out of them but there is nothing they can do unless you get in their way.

2. Vid evidence to back it up so they cant worm their way out of it.

[Edited by Richie1 - 8/5/2002 5:22:18 PM]
Old 05 August 2002, 10:13 AM
madras
Scooby Regular

in Guildford last night?

I decided to take a trip down to sunny Guildford last night with a couple of friends, just twenty minutes after entering Guildford I received a “producer”, anyway I did have a very interesting chat with the very nice lady officer.

She told me that the police where planning to open up one of the main car parks later that evening, to allow the nova’s… sorry, cruisers to park up, but once the car park was full it would be sealed, preventing any cars from leaving! She then went on to say that all the cars would be filmed for evidence? and each car would then be inspected thoroughly before being asked to leave, any car that doesn’t pass this inspection would be impounded there and then… and sure enough, later on, they opened a car up and in they cruised.

Time to go home, I thought…

So, was she telling porkies or did they impound anyone?

PS, Why did most of the nova, saxo, punto owners think it was foggy in Guildford last night?
PPS, I think I spotted POC’s “old” yellow evo

Pete
Old 05 August 2002, 10:20 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Well I applaud the police's stance on cruises. Not only should the car be impounded, but it should be crushed. This is far more important than the vandals that plagues the city..
Old 05 August 2002, 10:38 AM
gossythevaleter
Scooby Regular

Yes i was caught i ended up bein in that effing car park for 4 hrs to get givin a producer i have plans to try to get a very large number of cars down there next month however this will be put into a seperate post please help us fellow enthusiasts to enjoy our freedom to enjoy our cars and meeting like minded people

If you have nothing nice to say dont bother posting
Old 05 August 2002, 10:39 AM
Bobfrog
Scooby Regular

A similar thing happened here recently, the coppers filmed everyone's plates and told everyone the videos would be sent to the insurers and our insurance would be invalidated which is complete bol*ocks according to our insurance companies!!

The cops were recently watched filming reg plates when two tw*ts drove into a carpark and burned out a stolen car, they didn't give a stuff about the stolen car!! W*nkers
Old 05 August 2002, 10:44 AM
madras
Scooby Regular

Gossy,

What time did you get out? also next time I'd suggest everyone takes their MOT, insurance and driving licence with them! a lot less hassle than a producer. That reminds me, must go down the Police station later.

p
Old 05 August 2002, 10:57 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

I was there, but I parked a little way off. 4 hours? that takes the **** big time.
Insp. Paul Yearwood should remove his head from his back passage before he thinks about doing this again.
astraboy.
Old 05 August 2002, 10:58 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry to hear you guys had probs last night... didn't know the police were taking those sort of measures

Old 05 August 2002, 11:08 AM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Talking

In my uncouth youth,we had a competition around Ipswich to see who could get the most "producers" over a weekend.We would ride out just after each shift change & "gain the attention of".

If 3 of us (on m/bikes) got a tail at a set of lights,we would do a starburst & meet back at the cafe to see who got the paperwork.

Then come Sunday night we would queue up at the front desk & produce.My record was 5.One wag mentioned to the desk sgt. why didnt we pin our docs. on their notice-board & save all the hassle.Then the patrols could check em on their way out.

Ha,my misspent youth.Mind you that was when coppers walked the streets & old ladies didn't get mugged for 36p.How times change.
Old 05 August 2002, 11:10 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Takes the **** big time mate. They treat us like ****.
One guy had his 7 year old daughter in the passenger seat of his silver scoob and she was getting visibly upset what with 5 coppers round the car filming and taking flash photos. She started crying in the end and the bloke driving got understandably pissed off with the filth upsetting his daughter. What did he get back from them?
"It was your decision to bring her her, so its your fault."
If she wasnt wearing that uniform I would have had such a go at her. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
First time I've ever wanted to slug a copper last night.
Upsetting a 7 year old girl to the point of tears. I bet her mother must be proud of her.
[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
astraboy.
Old 05 August 2002, 11:12 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

isnt that a violation of civil liberty?

How can they effectively hold you for 4 hours with no valid reason or charge?

was anyone breaking the law by being parked?

I would go absolutely insane and demand that a supervising officer turn up?

There was a huge outcry when people were held without charge during the expected london riots, including not be allowed the toilet etc.

The police had a valid reason to expect trouble and were acting after trouble had started. What could they claim in this situation?
Old 05 August 2002, 11:15 AM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Red face

Four hours - good grief!

Although I did wonder why it was quiet on the drive back from DrEvil's Secret Lair last night! Normally on a Saturday or Sunday leaving Guildford I get swarmed by Nova/Corsa/Saxo drivers.

Nice to see the Police taking such an interest in the hardened criminals of Guildford... <shakes head in disbelief>

(The last statement was meant as ironic, in no way am I saying anyone who takes part in a cruise has criminal tendancies!)
Old 05 August 2002, 11:16 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

You should write to them and ask for a copy of any video or photographics "evidence" that they have of you. IIRC, they have to provide it.

Before anyone suggests that I'm being foolish and getting them to waste police resources, they started it so "Nah"
Old 05 August 2002, 11:18 AM
madras
Scooby Regular

Angry

I was a real shame, there where some top motors there last night, and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Unfortunatly its the small minority that spoils it for everyone else. I sure I speak for the majority, when i say that I'm not at all interested in seeing Maxp••er'ed hot hatches taking high steet bends sideways.

If this sort of stuff continues, I'm sure we can kiss goodbye to such events.

Sorry to moan.

P
Old 05 August 2002, 11:19 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Angry

Outrageous [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Sounds to me like an excuse to hold an even bigger & better meeting, except this time bring your children & your ancient relatives to boot. Make sure its all videoed - especially the actions the police take. Also take a solicitor along to "re-advise" the police on what they can & cannot do. And some people from the press...

[That makes me an activist for those web-trawling members of M15 - so ]

This sort of bollox makes me really mad
Old 05 August 2002, 11:20 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Wink

TaviaRS - mate I don't reckon the police need any help in wasting their own resources - they seem to do a sterlin' job all on their own!
Old 05 August 2002, 11:21 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Angry

This country is a complete fukcing disgrace and I am often ashamed to call myself British. Tony Blair should get his finger out of Cheries **** and do something about a few things instead of sitting there like a ****. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

God, it infuriates me this government [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] - bring the tories back, all is forgiven.

DW
Old 05 August 2002, 11:28 AM
Bobfrog
Scooby Regular

Last time we had a cruise the cops blocked a carpark turning out 150+ cars onto the street which is far more un-managable then looking after then in one carpark in a retail park sunday evening (no local residentencies), a photographer from a local paper asked the copper why he did it and took a photo of the cop, the cop then tried to grab the camera and was "reminded" of what charges the cop would face if he tried it again.

The same night my friend's parents received a call from the police warning if she didn't leave the car park she'd be arrested, they didn't ask her to leave persoannly, desptite her being stood next to the car all night!!
Old 05 August 2002, 11:30 AM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Wink

Actually follow on from TaviaRS - They would have to provide you with all documents, photgraphs and video footage that related to you... Data Protection Act 1998 (finally full in force October 2001)

The new version increased the scope of the Act to cover; paper, video footage amongst others.

They might charge you a tenner but how much effort will they have to go through to provide you with all the info!
Old 05 August 2002, 11:32 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

isnt that a violation of civil liberty?
Ahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! When it comes to traffic offenses, you have NO rights whatsoever. You'll get more rights if you were say a terrorrist or murderer or even a peadophile. Basically, the Geneva convention does not apply in this instance. In that frame of time, you're the police's bitch and they own your soul. Kunta Kinte would agree..

Old 05 August 2002, 11:39 AM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Isn't a retail park car park private property?

That does changes things slightly in the driver's favour, until of course they touch the "Quee's Highway" with a wheel.
Old 05 August 2002, 11:42 AM
GazP
Scooby Regular

All this makes me laugh!

What are the police scarred of by people meeting up and talking? Sure you always get one or 2 idiots that show off, but the rest of people just walk round and chat and have a laugh and talk cars. Nothing wrong with that IMHO.

I guess Guildford must have no crime and so the police can quite easily have the manpower to do this.
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cheers MatteL, couldn't remember which act it was. Bet they would fairly upset if everyone who was there ask for a copy of the video and pictures. Don't they have to respond within a certain time (unlike when your house gets broken into ) Suppose it saves the cruisers from having to charge up their own camcorders and digital cameras!
Katana
Scooby Regular

Yes it is. But unfortunately this does not matter and the police can still do you as long as you have a car.
Old 05 August 2002, 11:49 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Unfortunatly this has been going on for quite a while.
I got a letter back in april telling me to leave the area or risk arrest for "public nuisence". Last month they had a frickin helicopter up, this month they pull this ****.
I'm fed to the back teeth with it to be honest. I feel like a criminal on the run in a facist state. All I want to do is to meet up with my friends and talk about cars.

astraboy.
Old 05 August 2002, 11:50 AM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

TaviaRS - IIRC according to The Data Protection Act (1998) the organisation the request is made to have 40 days to respond to a request.

If they don't respond within that time they are in breach of the Act and can be reported to the Data Protection Registrar.

There are fines and potential prison sentances available to individuals responsible for compliance to the Act!
Old 05 August 2002, 11:53 AM
PMJ
Scooby Newbie

A retail Park is private propety and therefore you are trespassing, There is also an old law concering the gathering of people ( cant rmeember the name of the law ) but as far as I can remember if the gathering is of a certain number it becomes illegal.. Plus as stated before traffic stops literally have to boundries...

they got you ... shame really as it used to be worth going to Guildford but now its getting far to much hassle..
Old 05 August 2002, 12:01 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

The home page for the Information Commissioner (Data Protection

The registered Data Commissioners, and therefore organisations can be found here: http://www.dpr.gov.uk/search.html

The Data Controller for Surrey Police is:

Data Controller: CHIEF CONSTABLE SURREY POLICE
Address:
MOUNT BROWNE
SANDY LANE
GUILDFORD
SURREY
GU3 1HG

Surrey Police's Data Protection Register details are here:
http://www.dpr.gov.uk/cgi-bin/dpr98-...PR&docid=89752

I am starting feel like Mark Thomas...
Tragicall the DPR's home page is a favourite on my laptop!
Old 05 August 2002, 12:03 PM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So any congregation of performance cars now warrants this heavy handed police intervention.....
and this is how my council tax is being spent.....

Lets hope there were no "real" crimes being comitted in Surrey last night, cos if there were the thieves would have had a quiet time gathering their loot

Old 05 August 2002, 12:21 PM
Luke
BANNED

Typical stupid police .............next time some one should take a truck and smash through them.What a bunch of stupid jumped up traffic wardens.

Quick Reply: Any Scoobynetters get caught…