Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

caslte coombe

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2001, 10:50 AM
jon hill
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On wednesday I did a track day at castle coombe, one of their own organised ones (rather than "easytrack" or "rma", etc).

Reason for the post is that they took a bit of slagging off here for being unorganised, dangerous, etc last week, to the point where i wasn't really looking forward to it. However it was a great day - only 30 odd cars, so 10 -12 in each group. By mid afternoon I was circulating pretty much myself. Sessions were short at 12 - 15 mins, but were long enough as its a very fast track.

They had a bunch of instructors - all folk who had lots of racing experience at Coombe. Good, helpful people (though in the "this is the line you take" type of instruction, rather than the Don Palmer / Colin "coaching" style). I loved the track - lacking in run-off in places which was a bit worrying, but it was "technical" enough that you had to really concentrate on the right lines, and the rewards for getting it right were passing the "fast boys" in their 7's, 911's, etc (not bad for a fwd 1800cc saloon ). Good bunch of folk - from a couple of novices through to a guy who'd come second in sports saloons and a couple of guys with what were basically group N spec integras (not much chance of living with them).

So - Castle Coombe gets the thumbs up from me

Jon
Old 29 June 2001, 11:03 AM
GranTurismo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

The thing to remeber is its not the circuit, its the Tack Day company that run the individyual track day that make the difference.

I was at a Book a Track day at coomb and it was fantastic, safe, well organised and everyone being carefull (just like the one you did)

However I have seen CCC action days at coombe where the number of cars on the track and the standard of drivig makes me wince (full of Heros and Villans). No Way would I do one of those. Mind you there are more crashes at these than the average race meet.

So thats my input.... :-) Im off to Anglesey on the 29thSAug with BookaTrack (Cant wait...)