ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Why do bikers do this??

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2001, 12:37 AM
Blue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

On my way home last night I was pushing on, moved onto a dual carriageway and passed a bike who was taking it easy (sat up, one hand steering, other hand on his knee). No problem there, and off I go. Next second, he screams past me about 6" from the side of me at "fast"mph. Then slows down until I pass him again, gets in right behind me and gestures in my mirror.
What have I done I wonder?? overtaken a much faster machine that myself - WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM.
Is he unaware that he has absolutely no room for error should my car or his bike move lightly and is putting himself into a potentially fatal situation. Don't get me wrong - if he wants to kill himself fine, but don't scratch my car in the process.
They don't need to prove they are faster than a Scoob (or do they?) we know that!

Before all you bike riding scoob drivers post up, I know it is the minority that are like this and most are responsible and safe, and inevitably it will be this minoity that become a government statistic.

Don't know what all that ranting was about - but at least I got it off my chesr
Old 23 June 2001, 02:27 PM
matt d
Scooby Regular

Sounds like he wanted a race?
Old 23 June 2001, 02:31 PM
DominicA
Scooby Regular

Cool

maybe was jut wondering how fast your car actually was, next time, pull over and chat and find out if he fancies a blat on some B roads...hehe
Old 24 June 2001, 04:59 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

J,
How did you find your new brakes ?
We had a wicked day today sorting the 2nd day of the camping trip, raced 2 big trials bikes down a 12 mile B road, lift off's for us and wheelies for them, good lads, we acknowledged each other at the end.
Old 24 June 2001, 08:25 PM
Murray53
Scooby Regular

Not bikers!
A biker, and he did it because he is a ****.
Old 24 June 2001, 11:18 PM
MrWood
Scooby Regular

Red face

If he'd have gestured in my mirror, I'd have been HARD on the brakes!

Tw@t!
Old 24 June 2001, 11:39 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Murray53:
<B>Not bikers!
A biker, and he did it because he is a ****.[/quote]

True, we've been (unintentionally) a mobile chicane to some of em around the dales today. But I experienced no hassel & plenty of acnowledgements & friendly waves.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dick White:
[B]

Going into Leeds yesterday, i had a couple of bikers wave me to slow down ( i was doing 70 ish in a national speed limit A road...virtually straight i hasten to add ) ..... so i slowed down,and about 1/2 mile ahead theres this copper, sat in car, pointing laser gun towards me, which was o.k. at this point as i`d slowed down.So i goes past him doing 55, thinking tosser and

Edited to add this statement, generalisations are always prone to substantia; error.
B

[This message has been edited by banshi (edited 24 June 2001).]
Old 24 June 2001, 11:41 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Yep not all bikers, just that biker on that day............

I had it happen last week on the motorway, this time a car did it to me while I was riding my bike........

I just assumed he was in the minority as all the other cars were just doing there own thing in a sensible way.

J
Old 25 June 2001, 07:40 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

As I think a lot of you know - I'm an avid Biker and have defended various anti-bike threads on this board strongly.

However, bearing that in mind, I see people riding bikes all the time that are either riding like complete Dicks or wearing stupid clothing (shorts, t-shirt, no gloves, track suit etc. etc.) and it annoys the hell out of me.

The guy was an **** pure and simple, don't let it taint your opinion of "real" bikers of whom there are many out there....

Matt
Old 25 June 2001, 07:58 AM
Blue
Scooby Regular

Wink

Seems we all agree - this guy was a bit foolish !!
I have had fun with and acknowledged other bikers, they are generally a good bunch - this guy annoyed me due to the danger he could have put me in (well more himself)

Mellow - the brakes are pretty good, I'm getting a little more confident with them