Sponsored by:

Need Certificate of Car Security Device

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2001, 01:48 PM
DavidG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I need to provide my new insurer with a certificate that my car has the requisite security. It does, but I don't have the paper to prove it. Previous insurer never asked for it.

I guess I'll need to go to an alarm installer and ask then to certify it, which I'll probably have to pay them for . Does anyone know any good ones in SW London area? It's kind of urgent and I'll need to do it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

David
Old 22 June 2001, 02:07 PM
jon hill
Scooby Regular

your dealer should be able to do it for you for free - thats what i've always done for both cars & bikes

jon
Old 22 June 2001, 02:53 PM
spider
Scooby Regular

David

I had the same thing with Direct Line - they wanted the installation certificate on a car I bought second hand!

When I explained the Cat 1 was on the car from new they just asked for confirmation on headed paper from a Scooby garage.

Happened to be in Worcester that week so dropped in to Listers - the guy took a look at the car (which I didn't buy from them), checked the alarm and was happy to give me the required piece of paper.

Top marks for Listers re customer service! Hope your local dealer does the same.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 22 June 2001, 03:58 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Smile

You can call Subaru (UK) - International Motors - and ask for a letter stating that this was fitted as standard equipment. Although the supplying dealer should have given the certificate to you with the car.
Old 22 June 2001, 06:33 PM
DavidG
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the responses folks. I'm going down to Wentworth Car Radio to get it done. Seems like it's a pretty common thing for them to do - costs £35. Maybe pick up some ICE when I'm down there...

trainspotter corner: I told the insurer that the device was fitted as standard (mine is a UK car, MY98) and asked why they couldn't rely on that. They said that it was standard on all cars from MY99 on, but was not standard on all MY98 cars. So now you know.

Cheers.