Sponsored by:

Whoops!! I've Melted It

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2002, 10:57 PM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I have recently modified an impreza HKS rear bos to fit a Legacy Estate (great Sound) but the rear tail pipe is under the rear bumper by about 2 inches after a rung back from Brighton to Basingstoke the other day at 100mph+ most of the way, i've melted a 1½" hole in the underside of the rear bumber Whoops.

I am having to take the rear box off at the weekebd to cut off the rear outlet and fit a longer one that i have had to had rolled out of polished S/Steel, this one should stick out by about ½" - 1" past the rear bumper and should also cover the hole.

So if anyone else does the same mod, Beware!!!
Old 25 July 2002, 09:09 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Perhaps you should fix the box with a self tapper into the fuel tank to angle the the exit end down so it does not blow onto the bumper
Old 25 July 2002, 11:56 AM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Question

DGRALLYING,

Ok, curiosity has finally got the better of me. Having read a number of your recent posts, I was just wondering what you actually do?

You post under the name DGRALLYING, implying involvement in some form of rally based buisiness or operation (as does your email address), but the questions you have been asking and posts like the one above don't really tally up with this assumption. Hence my curiosity. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way.

Regards,

Moray
Old 25 July 2002, 12:08 PM
Tony_W
Scooby Regular

Wink

If you follow Paul's advice you won't need to by an Atmo Dump Valve to get bangs and pops, so this will have the added benefit of giving you extra thrills for no extra cost !!!!
Old 25 July 2002, 12:35 PM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Moray

Fully understandable!

I must start by saying it is NOT[b/] a bussiness.

If you have visited my web site you will see that i Drive a Subaru Legacy Stage Rally car and you will also see from the Sponsrs page that Brookwood Motor Company (Speak to Plantie about them)run the car for me between & on events.

You will also see from the site that i have a few parts for sale, this is to help with the massive expence that i spend on a yearly basis on my rallying, therefore the real technical knowledge comes from Brookwood, however on my road car it is all down to me, therefore that is why i am always on here looking for help and to learn more about the subaru like many of us on here.

So, if any of youe lot want to get out the wallets and splash the cash on some sponsorship please feal free

[Edited by DGRALLYING - 7/25/2002 12:42:11 PM]
Old 25 July 2002, 12:39 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Cheers DGR, Thanks for that, it all makes more sense now. I would wish you well for your rallying, but you don't want any of my kind of luck!
Old 25 July 2002, 12:42 PM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Why?

Is this a owner of a car in bits??
Old 25 July 2002, 01:20 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Not really... although it is currently awaiting the replacement for the MoTeC ecu I recently sold.

I have, in the past, been pretty unlucky as far as getting work done on the car goes. I learnt the hard way with regards to the "car tuners" and "competence" issue. These days I do everything myself, or with help from a couple of friends. Maybe this DIY streak comes under the heading "making ones own luck!" ... it's certainly improved the odds in my favour.

Cheers,

Moray
Old 25 July 2002, 08:08 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the Impreza box fits but the tail tube is too short then perhaps try a Forester rear box (eg Scoobysport). I think the hangers are in slightly different places but the tail tube is an extra few inches longer, again to avoid your recent problem.

Nick