Sponsored by:

Wax Wizard

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2001, 03:59 PM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I s'pose everyone's bored with hearing this. My car has just had the WW treatment, and it looks FANTASTIC!

I thought Autoglym was good, this not only looks better but only took around half the time.

Laurence
Old 13 June 2001, 04:07 PM
James Auckland
Scooby Regular

ditto...I'm polishing my car so much I'm nearly down to the undercoat. Goes on easy....comes off easy..... looks fantastic.
Old 13 June 2001, 04:30 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I too have just discovered the wax wizard, if you haven't ring him!!
No more white residue on trim etc.. and
by far the easiest and best products
i have ever used.

simon.
Old 14 June 2001, 11:30 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys...u made my day with the kind comments. Pleased u like the products. Mark
Old 14 June 2001, 01:09 PM
dave fairhurst
Scooby Regular

Smile

Mark

Another thumbs up from me. Washed, cleansed, sealed and waxed for the first time two weeks ago (after using AutoGlym for years), results fantastic even now two weeks later.

One question for you, having waxed the car it rained about two hours later. Looking at the bonnet there were a few small what looked like craters in the finish, which when rubbed with supplied cloth left little 'rings'. Same on Roof to lesser degree. Did I put too much wax on?

Cheers

Dave
Old 14 June 2001, 09:59 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've just used some of Mark's acrylic sealer for the first time and can honestly say it is the best thing since sliced bread, in fact it's better than sliced bread!!
It goes on easily, literally wipes off and leaves the car with an unbelievable gloss shine.
I'm going to put a layer of Subaru wax on top at the weekend just because I like the smell so much.
Well done Mark, another top product.
Old 14 June 2001, 10:05 PM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Bloke at work bought an impreza a month or so ago. I explained about wax wizard..he went the autoglym way. I park my car next to his at every available opportunity. He WILL get the message very soon. No comparison
Old 14 June 2001, 11:48 PM
Silent Monkey
Scooby Regular

I have a MY01 a few weeks old. Is there any benefit in getting the initial WW treatment done professionally, are there even any places that do it?

No MY01 comments - PLEASE

Old 15 June 2001, 12:57 AM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Cool

Gary C,
I don't think you HAVE to wax over the top, but as Mark said it just adds the final icing on the cake!
Old 15 June 2001, 08:30 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by PeteT:
<B>I've just used some of Mark's acrylic sealer for the first time and can honestly say it is the best thing since sliced bread, in fact it's better than sliced bread!!
It goes on easily, literally wipes off and leaves the car with an unbelievable gloss shine.
I'm going to put a layer of Subaru wax on top at the weekend just because I like the smell so much.
Well done Mark, another top product.[/quote]

I'll second that, but you do need to wax on top of the sealant.

TIP - use the sealant on all the windows (except windscreen) inside and out, it keeps then sparkling, and water beads off keeping them streak free
Old 15 June 2001, 08:55 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Gary, thanks for the tip. Will try that
Old 15 June 2001, 08:57 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

Sorry for being thick guys, but do I need something doing by a professional before I buy one of the sets?
I've looked at the website and the products look really good.
I picked up my P1 yesterday and want to keep it looking good. Which set is best to start with?
Also where do you buy from?
Thanks

Paul

[This message has been edited by medders (edited 15 June 2001).]
Old 15 June 2001, 11:09 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Cool

Medders....you can achieve the same finish as everyone else. just call me on 07702 822544 or 07966 713177 and I'll make sure a kit comes your way pronto. regards Mark (Wax Wizard)
Old 15 June 2001, 02:02 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by PeteT:
<B>Gary C,
I don't think you HAVE to wax over the top, but as Mark said it just adds the final icing on the cake![/quote]

No - but you don't HAVE to do anything. Wax will protect the paintwork, and maintain the shine It is designed to be 'waxed over'
Old 15 June 2001, 04:45 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sorry Gary, a touch of dyslexia creeping in there, I read your comment as "do you need to wax on top" rather than "you do need"...etc.

Anyway it's bloody good!
Old 15 June 2001, 09:25 PM
Bad Bads
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

There's alway's one and this time it's me.
I tried WW last year and wasn't impressed. I put it on the car with a friend who regularly wins concours event's and between us we felt it wasn't as good as Autoglym.
Sorry lads just my personal opinion.
Cheers Paul.
Old 16 June 2001, 08:30 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Bad Bads:
<B>There's alway's one and this time it's me.
I tried WW last year and wasn't impressed. I put it on the car with a friend who regularly wins concours event's and between us we felt it wasn't as good as Autoglym.
Sorry lads just my personal opinion.
Cheers Paul. [/quote]

in what way not 'as good'?

Each to their own, but I'm staggered, I used Autoglym religiously pre-WW. But found WW far easier to apply, left no residue, protected rather than just polished, lasted for 5/10 times as long, deeper shine, better 'beading', easier to wash after (dirt/flys etc just rinsed off), cheaper per application, quicker (30 mins Vs over 1.5 hr)..... how do you find autoglym better or WW disappoints? and what WW products did you try?
Old 16 June 2001, 01:37 PM
Bad Bads
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi Gary.
I used the WW starter kit(subaru wax).
I was happy with the preperation product's but the wax didn't go on very well and the buffing up was real hard work.The polishing cloth's that were supplied seemed to leave a smeary finish.
I ended up rewashing the car and using autoglym.
I think the £60 you pay for the kit is an awful lot of money.I did expect more from the product
No doubt I am probably in the minority but that's my opinion and that I am entitled to.
Cheers Paul.
Old 16 June 2001, 02:31 PM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Bad Bads,

You will see my car at the M3 meet tomorrow, Green MY98 5 door. It was WW'd last Monday and has since been to Swansea and back twice, this will give you an idea how good it is.

Also, you say it came up smeary? Maybe you should speak to Mark for advice. He gave me instruction on using the product and it came up brilliant with no smears at all. Were you using too much possibly? WW takes about a fifth the amount that Autoglym does.

See you tomorrow

Laurence
Old 17 June 2001, 08:31 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Bad Bads:
<B>Hi Gary.
I used the WW starter kit(subaru wax).
I was happy with the preperation product's but the wax didn't go on very well and the buffing up was real hard work.The polishing cloth's that were supplied seemed to leave a smeary finish.
I ended up rewashing the car and using autoglym.
I think the £60 you pay for the kit is an awful lot of money.I did expect more from the product
No doubt I am probably in the minority but that's my opinion and that I am entitled to.
Cheers Paul. [/quote]

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but you will get a response on here as if you said a standard golf gti performed better than a scoob

Does just sound like you used too much. It is rediculous how little you need to use, but as with all waxes (remember autoglym is merely a polish, and liquid based) if you use too much, it will clog the polishing cloth and thus cause smearing.

Also, was it the Subaru Wax, or the Merlin? The Merlin is the easiest to use I have come across.

Try it again, but just drag the applicator, with no pressure, over the top of the wax and that will give you enough to do a whole panel.

Unless all three bottles of Autoglym I had were defective, or your wax is likewise - Autoglym just can't compete for ease of use, let alone cost/finish/longevity/shine/....and especially customer service

Contact Mark - I am sure he will give you a demo next time he is in your area
Old 18 June 2001, 08:08 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Paul

Mark also does a cheap Carnuba wax at less than £10 (I think?). Not as good as the WW Merlin/Le Mans/Subaru/BMW/etc Wax etc as they are a far higher 'spec' wax.

Try buying and using the turtle wax and report your comparision
Old 18 June 2001, 09:11 AM
jjk
Scooby Regular

Smile

Paul, A couple of weeks ago I bought the Canubra from turtle wax and have used it a couple of times. It is excellent. I have never tried the WW stuff but am thinking of getting a starter kit.

Has anyone done a comparison of both??

Jas
Old 18 June 2001, 09:30 AM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

I'll buy some turtle wax and do a comparison in a couple of days. I'll let you know.

Cheers.
Old 18 June 2001, 11:38 AM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

I think one of the differences will be the percentage of Carnuba Wax in the pot.

Merlin I think is 30% and the Show Wax I use is 50%.

Wonder how much in the Turtle Wax ?

Cheers

Russ
Old 18 June 2001, 12:41 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

Hi all,

I bought the ww kit and was very very impressed with the finish. An excellent product and quite a smart case. I especially liked the wax. Its very easy to apply and wipe off and the best thing is its clear so the annoying white wax doesn't appear in all the groves.

However... I did a little research on the wax. Canubra, or whatever it is. It is the fantastic stuff. Whilst in hmm.. Halfords i saw a pot of turtle wax that was canubra wax. I opened it up and it looked exactly the same, £8.00. It was on its own alongside the autoglym etc. Mark, whats the difference between this and yours? What exactly is the difference in wax for different cars?

Kind Regards

Paul
Old 18 June 2001, 01:01 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Just got my kit from Mark, it's a starter but with Merlin wax and not Subaru. This is because I have 2 cars to polish (scoob and Fiat- different finishes). The preperation was a pain and time consuming, the wax application was a lot quicker and I probably used too much but the finish was the best I have seen. I was a confirmed Autoglymer before but not anymore.

One question though, I have a clay bar and I'm not sure how to use it (not brave enough) can anyone tell me or better still show me?

And what's the difference between the wax and sealant?

F