Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Importing Performance Cars

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2001, 12:00 AM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Robertio....good price but still fancy my chances.

Markus, I have asked my collegue to quote on an STi v7....but not the wagon. I don't know how much joy I'll have with that one, but it is fingers crossed becuase I want one too!(but not a wagon).

Old 15 June 2001, 12:58 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

FYI - £19000 including:

MY00 DBM
PD7's with PZeros
Quick Shift Gearbox
Air Con
Electric Sunroof
Locking Wheel Nuts

All travel costs (including going to Holland twice, planes, hotels, SeaCat, Fuel, Airport Parking, Trains), bringing the car back, VAT, Duty, OTR costs (Reg & Tax), Cat 1 Alarm, 3 year warranty

5 Month wait...

Matt
Old 15 June 2001, 10:47 AM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Howdie,

I am quietly confident that I will soon be able to import a variety of vehicles (cars & bikes) at superb prices. However, before I go off shouting about it I need to do a bit of research (which I am in the process of) to clarify how competitive I might be.

I would be grateful to anyone who can give me the details of what car they have imported, spec etc, what they paid on the road, country of origin, warranty and how long they had to wait.

Please mail me your info if you are uncomfortable posting it on this board. In return I will make sure anyone who replies is the first to be contacted should this ever become a commercial venture... and I promise to do you the best price I possibly can.

Initially I'm looking at performance cars (WRX, STi, Evo's , M3, S2000, Boxster)and sports bikes (Ducati 996, Kawi ZX9,Yam R1), but have the contacts to source anything.

Finally, as a Scooby Nutter and a big fan of this site, if this ever gets off the ground I will definately be supporting the site with a banner....
Old 15 June 2001, 11:03 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Speak to Iain at litchfield imports - I'm sure he'll give you the secrets.

I bought from Holland and will gladly share information with anyone on how to do it, what it costs, etc, if they want to save money themselves. In fact, after seeing Iain's latest price, I'd tell 'em to use him

Good luck with this. I honestly don't know how many people will be giving you all this information for free given that you're hoping to make money out of it.

For what it's worth, a top Subaru garage in Holland: Autobedrijf Gertjan van der Velde, tel +31 186 661556. 5 month wait, 16k OTR including aircon, metallic, side protection strips, full UK spec - 1 year warranty. (MY00).
Old 15 June 2001, 11:23 AM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

Appreciated Chiark,

But I have been fortunate enough to make some excellent contacts in the past such that I think I can be considerably cheaper than if you import it yourself .... .....honestly!

But at the end of the day I will only know for sure once I have finished my research. Make no mistakes, I have recieved a quote from Litimports and I am contacting European garages as a 'conventional UK buyer'.

My fellow Scoobynetters are only helping me by furnishing me with information on a variety of cars relatively quickly.

I will make money from it, but I will only go into this game if I can be v.competitive and if that is the case, everyone will benefit won't they??? Remember, I am hoping to be cheaper than even if you import it yourself.

Thanks for the details from Autobedrijf Gertjan van der Velde, I assume that is OTR in the UK after tax etc etc.

Anyway, I will send you a price of a MY01 WRX once my research is complete.....prepare to be surprised
Old 15 June 2001, 11:28 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that. The price was for MY00 OTR, including all transport costs for me and the car, alarm, VAT, road fund licence. Only thing missing is the year 2+3 warranty

Good luck with this - get the service and price right, and people will love you
Old 15 June 2001, 11:30 AM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

I notice you are from Scunny....is that the case? I used to work at Corus, now live in the N.West though.

Don't like the Peugeot Garage there, my old car 306 GTi-6 had some brand new 17's on it the day it went in for a 7500 service, came out and front passenger side was scuffed....could I prove it? Not a chance....still bitter about it now.

Cheers, (Great website BTW, you must get sick of hearing that)
Old 15 June 2001, 11:32 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Houlbt,
cheeky I know, but I'd be interested in how much you could get hold of a impreza STi v7 Wagon for.

This is purley to see how much and how long I'd have to save for to get one, thus it would not be a sale or anything.

cheeky I know.

but then I'm known for being rude n cheeky!
Old 15 June 2001, 11:38 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Not from s****horpe, just testing the filter to see if it filters profiles too... The answer's no, so I should change it.
Old 15 June 2001, 11:52 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

MY00 imported from Holland last May, total cost £14,800 OTR - uk spec, only option - met paint, 1yr warranty, 5 month wait, travelling super econo class, total journey from Glasgow < 24 hrs. Ferry seats are terribly uncomfortable if you have to sleep in them
Old 15 June 2001, 01:10 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Houlbt,

sorry mate but you have picked teh wrong time tio start importing from Japan.

The import laws from outside this country are about to change, and it will make it seriously difficult to get your cars through. May take a hell of a lot of cash, making prices less than competitive.

To my knowledge, the only honest importer with repect to how much he makes on each car is Iain Litchfield. Doesnt mean he will divulge his prices, but lets just say, he is a LOT cheaper than other people because he makes LOT less money on each car.
Old 15 June 2001, 01:13 PM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

Mutant Matt - Cheers for that.

Adam -I know about the import laws, not a problem.