Sponsored by:

Bikers=tossers

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2001, 09:47 PM
McCrash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Proof, if ever it was needed, that bikers have a grudge against drivers of fast cars was there for all to see on the way home from work tonight.

Guy on his jumped up pushbike cuts right in front of me without looking or indicating. I blast the horn to say "hello, are you blind or something?" and as he tries to out accelerate me up go the fingers. Once I shot past him he got them back in his face - wan*er.

Grrrr
Old 14 June 2001, 10:02 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Cool

A sweeping statement if ever there was one! Life's too short. Let him get on with it.

TONY
Old 14 June 2001, 10:30 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

[courier biker mode on]

Ooohh! Thank goodness - won't have been me then

Didn't see any *fast* cars today & certainly none that came anywhere near overtaking me - especially on the way home in the rain

Mind you, I only give 4 fingers to scooby drivers - not 2

Agree with Tony

[/courier biker mode off]

{Edited as I forgot a back-slash }

[This message has been edited by Puff The Magic Wagon! (edited 14 June 2001).]
Old 14 June 2001, 10:39 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

That makes me a tosser then.

I guess it is a generalisation because I have seen one or two car drivers ( inc Subaru ) perform equally moronic stunts whilst riding.
Old 14 June 2001, 10:55 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Got a Scooby and an R6, and see it all the times from both sides.........

Just remember if you do it too often on a bike its eventually going to hurt when the car takes the bike from under yer.........

Though recently I have noticed that drivers are being very observent to bikes....

Cheers all

J
Old 14 June 2001, 11:02 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

as a biker and a scooby owner i really don't know how best to answer this thread.

think i'll just stay quiet and say nowt, its late, i'm tired and ratty and crap posts like this dont deserve to raise my blood pressure.

[This message has been edited by ptholt (edited 14 June 2001).]
Old 14 June 2001, 11:03 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
McCrash,

bit strong mate, especially as there are a few bikers on here!!

we all make mistakes whether on 2 wheels or 4, forgive and forget. no one was hurt.
Old 14 June 2001, 11:23 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Erm, he did mention "pushbike" not "motorbike"

But I agree, that you get tossers in all forms of transport. *Including* Scoobies.
Old 14 June 2001, 11:28 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Miles:
<B>But I agree, that you get tossers in all forms of transport. *Including* Scoobies.[/quote]

Too true, once or twice a year my better half or myself come across a prat in a red scoob. Same guy, same performance.
Now I just ignore the moron! But I don't assume everyone else behind the wheel of an Impreza is a complete *******.

With bikes I just give em space & respect, get lots of nods and waves but have never had any problems.

Wish it was the same with cars, And vans, having seen one put the car in front of me onto the hard shoulder at 60 mph tonight.

Reason, on the mobile and totally unaware of anything around him!!

[This message has been edited by banshi (edited 14 June 2001).]
Old 15 June 2001, 12:15 AM
Mad Max
Scooby Regular

Good and bad anything ?

Anybody know a good polititian ? Or a good lawyer ? (OOPs, sorry girlfriend... )

Ouch, don't hit me so hard... Only joking !!!

Gotta go beg for mercy... Later guys

Max

[This message has been edited by Mad Max (edited 15 June 2001).]
Old 15 June 2001, 08:49 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Nothing quite like stereotyping a group of people to make you feel better now is there!

Aparrently all Scooby drivers think they are God
All Cossie drivers wear BTF baseball hats
All black people are criminals
All merc owners know they own the road (exception that proves the rule!)
etc,etc.

Life is too short and don't 'go there' with stereotyping, remember, it cuts both ways!

Thank God you put him in his place!

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 15 June 2001).]
Old 15 June 2001, 09:11 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by McCrash:
<B>as he tries to out accelerate me up go the fingers. Once I shot past him he got them back in his face - wan*er.

Grrrr[/quote]

Must have been on a moped then.....?

Thanks for stereotyping us all. Always good to see someone who drives a car do that. So next biker you come across your going to think "tosser" and have a go. Brilliant.

So if a car cuts you up and gives you the finger your going to post "drivers=tossers"?? No - cause it happens all the while!! Bikers are always getting cut up etc. You develop an subconcious "everyone is out to kill me" attitude. So i cant apologise for this bloke but i imagine he's had his fair share of angry car drivers beeping him just because he can wizz by them safely (you get beeped for filtering cause the drivers hate knowing youre not stuck like them!!!). So he probably thought you were one of them. Dont think this guy is typical of all of us tho!!

Note to all bikers out there. Dont be agressive to cars. You may get away with it but its the next poor sod who gets the pent up agression.

The next biker who meets this dude is gonna get grief. So dont do it!!

Theres no such thing as road rage for bikers!!

Jza

[This message has been edited by Jza (edited 15 June 2001).]
Old 15 June 2001, 09:20 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Angry

McCrash - nice attitude

Question for you....what are Scooby owners, Tossers or Good Blokes/Gods? I'm just trying to work out where I fit in your tarred brush scheme of things 'cos I am a Biker first and an Scooby driver second.....

Also, being a biker and having many biker friends, I would say that Bikers give Performance Cars the most respect (vs "normal" cars that is) - in fact the opposite of having a "grudge" which judging by your post is in fact what you have against bikers....

Matt
Old 15 June 2001, 09:33 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Talking

Bikers (proper bikers, you know knee down titanuim knee plate white spark types) get my respect all day long.

When you cut one up, and swear and curse at them, remember they can give your door a good kick with them steel toed boots of theirs! lol

I was cruising to the lord lucan (bike meet in hants) last month when I overtook a lorry with loads of room in my scoob, and in my rear view mirror a bike loomed very quickly, I had the room and was well out of his way. I kept my foot in and I think he was more than a little suprised as to the pace of my car as I came out of the nest roundabout with a clear road ahead. He followed me all the way to the lord lucan, and on several occasions I moved over to let him pass, without being obstructive like I see most days with car drivers and bikes

He pulled up behind me at the Lucan and came over, he thanked me for being a considerate driver...I thought that was nice, but I said thank you for being a considerate rider and not kicking my **** on your R1. He giggled.

Ron
Old 15 June 2001, 10:42 AM
Mad Max
Scooby Regular

Talking

Even in Portugal, bikers are one of the most respectfull breed... I think it's because they realise better just how dangerous the environment around them is...

I personally just give them lots of space and respect, and get the usual nod/agnowledgement back...

I don't have a bike because I don't trust myself, basically

And pushbikers are the less respectfull, maybe because they have the hardest time getting to their destination. It's the same with small engine cars... They're the ones going 40 uphill, trying to overtake and not letting us through... They'll never get back to their cruising speed before they start going downhill, and that p1sses them off.

cheers

Max
Old 15 June 2001, 11:39 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

stereotypes is the first word that springs to mind.

I give big respect to bikers, and do move over to let them past. mainly as I have encountered a few nutters over the years and I'd prefer it if they were in front of me where i can see them, rather than behind or alongside me.

Must say that i'm not a biker, but would love to be, but as anyone who's seen me drive will know, I'd end up in a hedge rather quickly!

Basically, there are good bikers and bad bikers, just like there are good and bad anythings and everythings out there.
Old 15 June 2001, 12:17 PM
Martin J Stirling
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Is it me, or is the tone of many posts these days going downhill? The title of this post just pisses me off, I think the average biker is the most sensible and respectable motorist on the road. I get more acknowledgement, waves, nods and thank you's from bikers than from any motorist.

Next you'll be saying that all BMW drivers are tossers..

MS

[This message has been edited by Martin J Stirling (edited 15 June 2001).]
Old 15 June 2001, 12:24 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

OOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIII McCrash

Don't tar every biker with the same brush we ain't all the same .
Dave