Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinted windows

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2002, 07:57 AM
stevied1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had my windows tinted on my MY00 on Saturday by a place called BLACKOUT WINDOWS in swinton. Whatever you do don't use this company, they did an "ABSOLUTELY SH*T JOB".

There are bubles on the offside back and front windows, they did the rear window in four strips, OK you might have to do it this way, I dont really know, but the joinings are so bad you can see where they havn't met leaving a gap.
The worst part of all this is the numpty's have left some horendous scratches on the boot lid.

you may ask why I took the car away in this condition? The truth is I waited all day for this job to be done, I didn't expect it to take 8hrs, I was already late for another appointment, the car was absoloutly filthy with talcum powder after they had done with it so I couldn't see any of the scratches. They assured me the bubbles would dry out after 24hrs, "Guess what they hann't"

I have since rang the company TWICE and left a message, once on the company line and on there mobile number, they still havn't had the decency to ring me back.

I just thought that I should post this to warn fellow scooby owners. Also can anyone tell me what I can do about this please.

Stevie D.
Old 16 July 2002, 11:33 PM
kwiky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

depending on what type of film they used it can take upto a month to dry out mine did. i used a co in plymouth call ads window films as i had a recomendation i live approx 250 miles away so i made a weekend of it. (sales bit) they have mastered the art of heat shrinking it on only 5 other firms in the uk can do it and he schooled them all! i paid 250ish all round and am well happy with the results took 4hours and they droped me and picked me up from town after a week i noticed a small mark like a hair under the film called them and they came upto london the next day to replace it (service or what) they said (sorry we had to inconvenience you at work?!!!!!!! hope it doesn't affect the way you talk about us) it does but in a posative way.
P.S sorry yours are ****
Old 17 July 2002, 12:09 AM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

Hmm that looks interesting. I live here so it will be an ideal mod!

[Edited by Eagle7 - 7/17/2002 12:13:01 AM]
Old 17 July 2002, 12:12 AM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

1. sorry to hear it.
2. If you paid using a 'card' get onto the card co. and get them to get involved.
3. If you paid by cheque, stop it.
4. Go to citezens advice.
5. Go to solicitor (£25 letter).
6. Go to small claims court.
7. If all this fails, visit premises with gallon of petrol, explain that this is free of charge and a present from you...leave the petrol, 'phone and ask if they have changed their mind and can you now please have a full refund!
8. If no refund, send more petrol out of hours!
Old 17 July 2002, 12:31 AM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

remind me NEVER to upset Moles Dad!
Old 17 July 2002, 12:53 AM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

Eagle7, I just hate to see or hear of decent people getting **** on!

We on here choose to spend our time and money on our cars as we have a healthy interest in them.
I cannot tolerate w4nker5 trying to rip off people just because they want to 'nick' a quick buck.

If they think they have got away with charging for something that looks how it has been described, then they will continue to rip people off.

They need to provide a service that the 'customer' is happy with, clearly here they have not.
To that end, they need to offer a complete refund PLUS the cost to rectify the damage to the boot-lid PLUS any out of pocket expenses caused to the 'customer' by their actions of incompetence!

I'd drag him down the darkest alley and.....

Anyway, do it properly, get a solicitor to write to them.

Best of luck.

[Edited by Moles Dad - 7/17/2002 12:54:39 AM]
Old 17 July 2002, 08:09 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Never tried this company but once U get the tint off these might be worth a try, dont know how near they are to U, hope you get a better job next time
http://www.autoshades.co.uk/
Old 17 July 2002, 10:49 PM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

Moles dad: I completely agree with what you have said. There are way too many people willing to take advantage in this industry. It is a sad state of affairs.

Take what action you can. The legal advice is worth taking.

The law is usually in favour of the public when it comes to these matters too. It usually comes down to how far you are willing to go. Most rip-off merchants bank on you bottling out in the early stages.

[Edited by Eagle7 - 7/17/2002 10:52:46 PM]
Old 18 July 2002, 08:06 AM
stevied1
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice fellas, stopped the cheque, still had no reply from BLACKOUT WINDOWS.

Maybe they will get in touch when they find out the cheques been stopped.

Also noticed after further inspection, of the three joinings in the rear window the third section is a different shade tint.
Bubbles still not disapeared, and noticed piece missing near drivers door mirror.

Thanks again for the support Fellas.

Stevie D.

Now found that the heated rear window element has been damaged on one of the joinings, as I had the first chance to use it the other day. Now going to take legal action as these tossers wont answer any of my calls.

[Edited by stevied1 - 7/25/2002 8:00:20 AM]