Sponsored by:

Thanks from SIDC

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2002, 10:10 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

The are a number of people who must be thanked in the most public way, for their work yesterday...

Lee and Lisa Christie for all the work behind the scenes and the endless pre event meetings making sure everything was in place.

John Baldock for working his nuts off on the club stand all day.

Stef for doing the same with the track admin. I have never seen so little of Stef at a track day, but he spent the whole day making sure everyone was at the right place at the right time.

Craig Mudd (Muddy) for the superb job done in running the Show n Shine. John and I were both amazed at the work put in by the competitors and judging was a case looking for imperfections, the standard was so high. It was almost impossible to split the top 6 cars.

The young lady that was selling raffle tickets around the paddocks. I don't know your name, but thanks for helping.

Andy at Grade A Subaru and Mike at Scooby Mania for donating fantastic prizes for the raffle.

All the traders for putting on great displays and helping each other out.

The bouncy castle people for making it a fun and safe day for the kids.

Thanks also to Donington for behind the scenes help on the day.

But my biggest thanks go to Tom Butler (Rum*) for tirelessly manning the gate all morning and greeting everyone with a warm SIDC welcome. Rum, that star is well deserved!!

No thanks at all go to Moto GP, who run the Superbike champs and decided that they wanted to erect hospitality suites where Muddy had set up the Show n Shine. Also no thanks at all to Subaru UK for not letting us borrow an STi for demonstration rides. I know a lot of people were looking forward to this. Why they are prepared to spend tens of thousands having a fleet of STis and all the razamataz at Company Car in Action, but snub over 500 owners who are both existing and (very) potential new customers is beyond me.

For the record, we don't know exactly how many Imprezas were at the National Day. We do know that 562 cars came in before 2pm and suspect that less than 50 were not Imprezas. This must be the most number of Imprezas to meet up anywhere in the world by quite some margin. So my final thanks go to everyone who attended and made it a fantastic day out.
Old 08 July 2002, 12:01 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Ah thanks Peter. I just know that they were ignorant Spanish roadies who shouldn't have been there until today.

Never mind, we made sure it didn't spoil our day
Old 08 July 2002, 08:11 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

. . . . and thanks to Pete, great day

Piers LoFi
Old 07 August 2002, 11:25 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Hi pete,

just for the record, moto gp are responsible for the grand prix bike series not the superbikes

Doningtons bike gp is next weekend.

World superbikes are at brands hatch at the end of the month.
(edited to say i received the parcel you sent last week (my email is down) thanks pete).

[Edited by ptholt - 7/8/2002 11:28:43 AM]