Sponsored by:

ABD AGM anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2001, 08:49 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Are there any Association of British Drivers members going to the AGM this weekend?

You will (should) already know the day and the place, so i won't post it here (which might encourage undesirables).

mb
Old 30 May 2001, 07:07 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

Top!

... and just to say that there will be at least one other driver coming (who mailed me directly).

Anyone else?

mb
Old 02 June 2001, 05:51 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

I have just got back from the ABD AGM, which was held at the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon - and what a fascinating day!

I met "ca", who is a committee member, plus Chris Ward (the other one) and Ben Lovejoy who are local active members.

The boring "meeting type" stuff was soon covered and we then had several presentations and discussion on various driving topics.

Things like why cars have almost zero effect on the climate, the global warming myth, a proposal to raise the motorway speed limit and why it will reduce accidents, how the authorities have failed to tackle the real causes of accidents etc.

The final presentation was a careful study on how the recent road safety initiatives (such as in Northamptonshire) will produce totally biased statistics. For example, did you know that by some "fluke", just about every region in the "study" has had an uncharacteristically high fatal accident rate THE YEAR BEFORE the implmentation of gatsos and strong enforcement. Thus, even if NOTHING was done, the number of casualties would almost certainly fall. I bet the gatso gets the credits though!

Very well researched and presented, with careful reasoning by professional people.

I would strongly suggest that everyone take a visit to