Sponsored by:

Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2022, 06:30 PM
Danno90
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed

Hi all a little help needed, I’m new to the Scooby world having only owned my Hawkeye for a few months.
Had it’s MOT today and failed miserably on its emissions mainly the HC and Lamda levels which were way over what they should be.
its been modified and running about 340BHP.
it has a Japspeed downpipe straight through to an afterburner Backbox, I’m unsure if previous owner had if mapped after fitting, but would it need to be remapped?
After lots of reading posts on the internet a lot of it says the sports cats need warming up a lot to pass but mine was red hot and wasn’t even close to passing. I’ve heard about car mapping would that actually lower my emissions? Or would it make more sense to fit a Prodrive downpipe instead also because the Prodrive is technically an OEM part would it need remapping when fitted. Thanks for any help.
Old 15 November 2022, 09:03 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Are you sure there is a sports cat in the down pipe?
Old 16 November 2022, 05:50 AM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

So many people failing on emissions now. I do wonder if the fuel we are using is of a poorer quality, despite the prices going skyward - that's tax, no reflection of the quality of the product.

Old 16 November 2022, 07:36 AM
4evascoob
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

As above , I’m not sure that pipe will have a cat in it ? Probably a straight pipe ? Does it have a big bulge on the Downpipe ?
a faff I know but I stick my original o e back on if I can’t find an appropriate mot station.
Old 16 November 2022, 10:25 AM
Danno90
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply’s just gone through paperwork and it says a japspeed sports cat was fitted within the last year and I’ve had a look myself and there’s defo one on there and looks relatively new. So if these sports cat usually go through emissions I’m guessing it’s engine related. Would connecting it up to a fault reader/laptop diagnose the problem.
When the cars running it’s idling normal and not lumpy and boosts normally when driving.
Old 16 November 2022, 10:48 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

My japspeed downpipe passes when it’s hot , Worth getting the map looked at , was it mapped properly when it was fitted , or bolted on after a map was done ? does not take much to change how the engine runs and produces emissions