ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Best brake discs and pads for bug sti brembos

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2022, 01:09 AM
Nickym
Scooby Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best brake discs and pads for bug sti brembos

Keeping the standard brembo calipers just looking better discs and pads all round, what's the best setup with good value aswell, just for fast road setup thanks nicky
Old 13 March 2022, 09:42 AM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

pads
Ebc Rpx incredible cold bite no bed in needed
or pagid rs29 or PFC 08

Last edited by JdmSti2006; 14 March 2022 at 07:17 PM.
Old 13 March 2022, 09:46 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

so for standard disc’s, it’s worth euro car parts they often have discounts on and pagid discs , there is godspeed on here , if you want a different style of disc ie grooved etc try Mtec , i would not suggest a drilled disc as chance of cracking is higher , from mtec i got a front set of grooved brembo discs delivered for 105£ , as with any disc they just need sensible bedding in and fitted properly , they have been on the car for some months and miles no issues , pads wise i have ebc yellows that work very well , way more bite than i had as standard , scooby world also do black diamond predator pads again they are very good but quite a bit cheaper than ebc , possibly the ebc has minimal more bite but very little in it , the price of the predator pads is very good , ebc around 160 £ ish , black diamond 70£ , two of my Fsti have a brake booster fitted one does not , again not a bad mod to have , it takes up done pedal slack 👍
Old 13 March 2022, 10:16 AM
Nickym
Scooby Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks a million that's great info 👍
Old 13 March 2022, 11:19 AM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

EBC USR discs with RP-X, RP-1 or bluestuff pads.
Old 13 March 2022, 07:14 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

EBC BSD discs are amazing. I have had them on my car for about 10 months and I am very impressed. Before this set I had Godspeed all round - not a patch on the EBCs.

They are more expensive but like everything you get what you pay for.

Last edited by ade_sti; 13 March 2022 at 07:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 14 March 2022, 10:30 AM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by forgedmarco
EBC USR discs with RP-X, RP-1 or bluestuff pads.
new bluestuff are eco and poor now ,they changed compound
RPX and RP1👌
The following users liked this post:
Old 14 March 2022, 10:55 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

The ebc yellowstuff are more for road use , only downside is ££ , they need bedding in property and take a few hundred miles to bed them in well , the good thing about the predator is the ££ being much cheaper , i have pagid pads on the rear of all the cars and standard discs , no braided lines , the mrs fsti with the predator stops very well , i was driving my car with the ebc and then got into hers and felt like the brakes weren’t working with the original pagid pads , so i put black diamond predators in hers and it now stops much much better , the mrs is in her own admission not a petrol head but she’s commented the brakes were much better , the bite gives you a lot more confidence , you can get braided lines , i had that in a previous car with ebc pads , i found the brakes a bit too sensitive 😁 when my rears wear down i will put the predators in , the fronts will be either black diamond or yellowstuff ebc , people say don’t do ebc , the compounds have changed over time , i had a period of not buying them , i got given a set of brembo yellowstuff front pads for a trial , i was that impressed i bought a second set for my other Fsti , then realised the mrs car brakes were crap and bought the black diamond for hers as a bit of a test 👍
Old 14 March 2022, 01:50 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

if you want a better quality disc then the DBA T2's take some beating and we would more commonly pair them with Brembo HP Sport pads or if more aggressive track style then the PFC Z-rated, etc......
Old 14 March 2022, 02:09 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Vxr2010
The ebc yellowstuff are more for road use , only downside is ££ , they need bedding in property and take a few hundred miles to bed them in well , the good thing about the predator is the ££ being much cheaper , i have pagid pads on the rear of all the cars and standard discs , no braided lines , the mrs fsti with the predator stops very well , i was driving my car with the ebc and then got into hers and felt like the brakes weren’t working with the original pagid pads , so i put black diamond predators in hers and it now stops much much better , the mrs is in her own admission not a petrol head but she’s commented the brakes were much better , the bite gives you a lot more confidence , you can get braided lines , i had that in a previous car with ebc pads , i found the brakes a bit too sensitive 😁 when my rears wear down i will put the predators in , the fronts will be either black diamond or yellowstuff ebc , people say don’t do ebc , the compounds have changed over time , i had a period of not buying them , i got given a set of brembo yellowstuff front pads for a trial , i was that impressed i bought a second set for my other Fsti , then realised the mrs car brakes were crap and bought the black diamond for hers as a bit of a test 👍
that’s true, people don’t realise the compounds have changed.
Old 14 March 2022, 05:12 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

The Yellowstuff are amazing - I have them with the EBC discs also. They do take quite a while to bed in but are amazing.