Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Best pads and discs for Classic 4 pot front braks?

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2014, 01:05 AM
scottydouk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best pads and discs for Classic 4 pot front braks?

What do people recommend for best front pads and discs to use with the standard 4 pot calipers?

Currently use EBC grooved discs and yellow stuff pads, dot 5.1 brake fluid, braided lines but do fade.

car is 400bhp, fast road and some track use.

Cheers
Old 19 March 2014, 05:21 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

At that power level you should already have been thinking about a caliper change,to either gold Brembo's or D2/KSport,AP,etc...or at the minimum a change to Ian Godspeed big brake kit designed to be used with the Subaru four pot calipers,by the sounds of how you use your car your brake set up is inadequate,and needs beefing upI have never and will never rate EBC pads for a Subaru,I did not even know they made the yellow compound for the impreza model as I used them on my renault five turbo back In the days and they could barely stop that without falling apart,I can only recommend really that you look at getting a bigger set of brakes under your wheels that would be the biggest improvement you could possibly do.Good pads that work are Carbone Lorraine rc5+ pads are good,Performance Friction Zrated pads are superb and Pagid rs compound pads are good also I have used all above mentioned pads on my Subaru and would recommend either set contact Alyn of ASPERFORMANCE or Ian at Godspeed For Best prices and more advice.SJ.

Last edited by stonejedi; 19 March 2014 at 05:25 AM.
Old 19 March 2014, 02:20 PM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As above they require beefing up for what you suggest

Ill be running prodrive Alcons ( See link) With Ferodo Ds500 pad's with grooved discs 330mm. Dot 5.1 fluid and goodridge lines front and rear

Stick a lucky bid on these, get some Ferodo Ds500 pads + 2 piece discs from either ALyn@ASPerformance Or Ian@Godspeed. They you got on of the best brake set up's available for the money

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/subaru-alc...item258b605847
Old 25 March 2014, 12:12 AM
martinnitram
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stonejedi
At that power level you should already have been thinking about a caliper change,to either gold Brembo's or D2/KSport,AP,etc...or at the minimum a change to Ian Godspeed big brake kit designed to be used with the Subaru four pot calipers,by the sounds of how you use your car your brake set up is inadequate,and needs beefing upI have never and will never rate EBC pads for a Subaru,I did not even know they made the yellow compound for the impreza model as I used them on my renault five turbo back In the days and they could barely stop that without falling apart,I can only recommend really that you look at getting a bigger set of brakes under your wheels that would be the biggest improvement you could possibly do.Good pads that work are Carbone Lorraine rc5+ pads are good,Performance Friction Zrated pads are superb and Pagid rs compound pads are good also I have used all above mentioned pads on my Subaru and would recommend either set contact Alyn of ASPERFORMANCE or Ian at Godspeed For Best prices and more advice.SJ.

+ 1, EBC really are a rubbish, they sell them with motorsport credentials and as soon as you show them a track they fall apart and warp the discs.

Then EBC then wash their hands of you.

Never again

Not tried the Godspeed stuff yet, but looks good and decent value, and they use there own gear in competition, which gives confidence.