Sponsored by:

Genome boost gauge lighting problem

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2021, 12:56 AM
Luke Godden
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genome boost gauge lighting problem

Hi all, have only recently started to drive my scoob in the dark and noticed that my boost gauge doesn't light up when I turn the lights on. When I put on the ignition, it does the initial sweep and the light does come on for a second, however it doesn't when I turn the actual car lights on. Any ideas what's the issue?
YouTube video link is here too:
https://youtu.be/PnP5EwBoJqU
Old 04 September 2021, 10:11 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

is there a controller for the gauge ? it’s either that or a poor wire connection to the car lights , i had a stand alone boost gauge and i wired the light in the gauge to a switch on the dash , i had the three gauges and it had a controller , if you don’t have a controller then find the wire that controls the light on off in the gauge unscrew the panel by your knees find a supply that comes on with the lights and solder it on , you may even find that the original wire has broken when you take the trim off by your knees an even easier fix 👍
Old 04 September 2021, 10:17 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

If you have a controller it might be plugged into the wrong socket. Check it

https://www.defi-shop.com/media/dlink.pdf

Last edited by Beastie; 04 September 2021 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04 September 2021, 11:44 AM
Luke Godden
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beastie
If you have a controller it might be plugged into the wrong socket. Check it

https://www.defi-shop.com/media/dlink.pdf
Originally Posted by Vxr2010
is there a controller for the gauge ? it’s either that or a poor wire connection to the car lights , i had a stand alone boost gauge and i wired the light in the gauge to a switch on the dash , i had the three gauges and it had a controller , if you don’t have a controller then find the wire that controls the light on off in the gauge unscrew the panel by your knees find a supply that comes on with the lights and solder it on , you may even find that the original wire has broken when you take the trim off by your knees an even easier fix 👍
Just to confirm I do have a controller down by the pedals👍
Old 04 September 2021, 01:14 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

i expect the controller has a single wire that gets joined to a part of the car loom , that comes on live when headlights are put on in the car , it’s tracing that wire to see if it’s not broken , from having issues before it’s normally a push or crimp connector that’s not getting good contact any more , if the inner workings of the controller are at fault you will need to track down which wire in the controller puts the light on , tape off the controller end of the wire and just solder in a by pass between the boost gauge which you can connect to your loom in your car for the lights , i would be surprised if the boost gauge is using any thing other than 12 volts to run it , i hope that makes sense , the hardest part is tracing that wire 👍
Old 13 October 2021, 11:54 AM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I think you run the white wire to a switched illumination source, maybe the clock if IIRC.