Notices

Prosport boost gauge problem (incl. video)

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2011, 08:09 PM
Andy1899
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Prosport boost gauge problem (incl. video)

Hi!

As my English is not very good i included a video. Hope this helps to describe my problem better.

The last two weeks my Prosport boost gauge didn't work either or not very well.

When the car was parked in the blazing sun or when it was hot outside the boost gauge didn't work at all.

Opening ceremony always works perfectly but when the engine was running the needle stuck at the bottom and didn't move. After 15 kilometers on the motorway it startet to twitch sometimes and in front of a traffic light it twitched a little more and worked for about 2-3 seconds. Then the needle fell back again to the bottom.

Today it wasn't that hot outside. When accelerating the boost gauge worked a bit but the needle always fell to the bottom again. Although i was still accelerating the needle fell back instead of showing the manifold pressure.

Please take a look at the video. When accelerating the needle always falls back when i'm still on the gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVbigVyr_6c

Does anyone know this problem?

What has to be checked or replaced to keep the boost gauge working in every wheater condition (the boost gauge worked since March 2010 perfectly).

Cheers,
Andy