Sponsored by:

Disconnecting crank sensor

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2021, 11:54 AM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Disconnecting crank sensor

Can anyone on advise on how to disconnect the crank sensor on a MY00 UK Turbo 2000 please? Is it as simple as pulling out the connector? Are there any traps I should avoid, are they particularly fragile etc?

I’m starting the car for first time in a number of years and just want to be careful.

Complete mechanical novice here.

Thanks
IanF
Old 13 June 2021, 11:55 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Squeeze clip pull off
Old 13 June 2021, 12:24 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Great, thanks, as easy as that. Hopefully I should be able to manage that without breaking anything!
Thanks for replying
IanF
Old 13 June 2021, 01:17 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

You’ve been a member on here mate for a very long time....👍
Old 13 June 2021, 01:18 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Is it the same car you had in 1998?
Old 13 June 2021, 01:42 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Yes I’ve been around for a while. I actually bought my first Impreza in August 1996, a red Turbo, before the craze all kicked off. No waiting list, and got £1,000 off list price. I’d drive it and go for weeks without seeing another one on the road. Kept it for two years and sold it for only £500 less than I bought it for. For those that remember, these cars had possibly the worst interior you could come across, but I would dearly love to buy a pre-MY97 facelift car to buy which was original. The awfulness of the interior is now what gives them their beauty and originality now.

(That interior coupled with the light green metallic colour they did on the MY94, they did look awful! The colour was very rare for I guess obvious reasons!)

In Jan 1999, bought another, no discounts, 6 month waiting list. Sold that then moved to Evos, with a blue GSR and then a red Makinen.

Sold up in 2006, money needed elsewhere, then started getting back into them in 2014 with a blue uk2000 (which has been parked up for 6 years) and a Terzo. Both are 100% standard. Also have a silver Evo 6 GSR.

Scoobynet used to be the SIDC bulletin board, and all SIDC members got moved over to Scoobynet as the original members, with member numbers issued on alphabetical order on usernames, I think I am 114.

I had lots of good times and met many great people from Scoobynet. Of course most have moved on, but that red Impreza was my first fast car and the love never dies.

Thanks for the advice again.
IanF

The following 3 users liked this post by IanF:
Old 13 June 2021, 01:58 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IanF
Yes I’ve been around for a while. I actually bought my first Impreza in August 1996, a red Turbo, before the craze all kicked off. No waiting list, and got £1,000 off list price. I’d drive it and go for weeks without seeing another one on the road. Kept it for two years and sold it for only £500 less than I bought it for. For those that remember, these cars had possibly the worst interior you could come across, but I would dearly love to buy a pre-MY97 facelift car to buy which was original. The awfulness of the interior is now what gives them their beauty and originality now.

(That interior coupled with the light green metallic colour they did on the MY94, they did look awful! The colour was very rare for I guess obvious reasons!)

In Jan 1999, bought another, no discounts, 6 month waiting list. Sold that then moved to Evos, with a blue GSR and then a red Makinen.

Sold up in 2006, money needed elsewhere, then started getting back into them in 2014 with a blue uk2000 (which has been parked up for 6 years) and a Terzo. Both are 100% standard. Also have a silver Evo 6 GSR.

Scoobynet used to be the SIDC bulletin board, and all SIDC members got moved over to Scoobynet as the original members, with member numbers issued on alphabetical order on usernames, I think I am 114.

I had lots of good times and met many great people from Scoobynet. Of course most have moved on, but that red Impreza was my first fast car and the love never dies.

Thanks for the advice again.
IanF
cheers for that mate, very interesting and a great car history 👍👍
Old 13 June 2021, 02:41 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by IanF
IanF
An interesting story - I didn't join Scoobynet until 2003 but I've been a member of SIDC since 1997
Original paper membership card long gone, but this, I believe, was the first plastic card issued to members probably in 2000

The following 2 users liked this post by Don Clark:
Old 13 June 2021, 03:06 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Hi Don

i think there was official membership of the SIDC and being a bulletin board member. Oddly I was never a formal SIDC member, just a bulletin board member.

I think I there was a guy called Adam Curtin who was the SIDC organiser, I only knew him as he ultimately became the owner of my 96 red turbo, and he messaged me to say the engine blew up in Germany one day before the warranty ran out! Subaru recovered it from Germany and put a new engine in it for him. Very good timing, if there is ever a good time to have an engine go on you.

I remember him being very relieved as he knew the car was an August car, and at first assumed it was a 1st August car (due to when the new P plate came out back then) and thought he was out of warranty until he checked and realised I registered it in mid August, one day after the engine blew.
The following 2 users liked this post by IanF: