Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PN04 PFJ 18L Blobeye WRX - still alive?

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2021, 08:21 PM
MarkRF
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default PN04 PFJ 18L Blobeye WRX - still alive?

Just wondering if my old Impreza is still alive.

Wrx / sti spec and appearance running 340hp at the time, AP front brakes, XXR 530’s. It had decent spec coilovers too; can’t recall what they were but they were off a demo car, miltek exhaust.

It went to Halifax in 2015 and may have been repainted a different colour. Did the reg check but nothing showing.

Old 07 March 2021, 09:55 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my old car back in 2005!!! I was the 2nd owner bought it from Wigan with 4k miles on the clock, it was originally a import from Cyprus through Motorpoint(or some other car supermarket) looks different for when I owned it, but glad to see the AP 6 pots still on there.

Also the coilovers where Eibach, I bought them off Revolutions up near Newcastle demo car back in 2006.
Old 07 March 2021, 09:59 PM
MarkRF
Scooby Regular

Hi mate. I owned it 18 months from jan 2014 - June 2015 before replacing it with an E92 M3. Got it from a young lad in chingford.

It was a great car, never missed a beat. Had Rota’s on it when I got it and a decent carbon wing which I changed for the STI boot lid. De tango’d the headlights too.

Hope it’s still going strong.

That’s right, Eibach coilovers from the revo demo car.

Last edited by MarkRF; 07 March 2021 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07 March 2021, 10:24 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

When I owned it between 2005-2006, I put the carbon fibre S202/Spec C spoiler on, AP brakes, Eibach coilovers, Whiteline strut brace, STi Intercooler, GGR Exhaust system with Milltek Sports cat, Ecutek remap, VF28 Turbo, I did de-tango it, but I did see it around 2010 for sale and it had been in a accident and recorded on the register and the pics where showing the lights had been replaced with the orange bits still in them,

Old 07 March 2021, 10:31 PM
MarkRF
Scooby Regular

I remember those pictures, im sure I found them searching old posts here after I got the car.

That’s the spoiler alright, it wasn’t for me though and I hunted for ages for a complete 18L boot lid. The wheels were black 18” rota gra’s I think. I replaced the arch liners which were ripped to bits from previously fitted 19’s. I didn’t know about the accident damage though? I did the usual checks and got nothing back and I didn’t declare any damage when I sold it.

I’m sure one headlight was tango and the other was just plain chrome so accident damage makes sense.. I stripped them and painted the chrome black.

It had an awful straight piped exhaust with 5” backbox when I got it. I picked up a miltek exhaust on the way home from buying it. Much better.

Last edited by MarkRF; 07 March 2021 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07 March 2021, 10:35 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I did a straight swap in 2006 for a Evo 7 GSR, I hated the Evo going from the Scooby and ended up selling it 6 weeks later, The guy who I swapped it with was a member on here (Dre@m) and I know another member owned it on here also which was (morpheus1870) who I think was from Halifax???

I have seen it for sale on E-bay a few times over the years, Id love to know myself where it is now.
Old 07 March 2021, 10:44 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MarkRF
I remember those pictures, im sure I found them searching old posts here after I got the car.

That’s the spoiler alright, it wasn’t for me though and I hunted for ages for a complete 18L boot lid. The wheels were black 18” rota gra’s I think. I replaced the arch liners which were ripped to bits from previously fitted 19’s. I didn’t know about the accident damage though? I did the usual checks and got nothing back and I didn’t declare any damage when I sold it.

I’m sure one headlight was tango and the other was just plain chrome so accident damage makes sense.. I stripped them and painted the chrome black.

It had an awful straight piped exhaust with 5” backbox when I got it. I picked up a miltek exhaust on the way home from buying it. Much better.
I saw it was a Cat D at the time on a Ebay advert, pretty sure it was for sale and the guy was selling it from Enfield which is not to far from Chingford where im guessing who you bought it from, now I remember thats where I saw that the lights as you explain 1 had the reflector still in and the other was de-tango'd, the ebay advert the pics where took on the guys drive which looked like that he just washed/cleaned the car and took the pics.

Yeah the Graham Goode Racing exhaust I had on it cost about £600 new, so cant believe it got replace with a chav 5" backbox, glad you ripped it off and put a decent exhaust on her!!!!
Old 07 March 2021, 10:52 PM
MarkRF
Scooby Regular

Loved every minute of owning this car.

Old 08 March 2021, 09:30 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Great to see pictures of it during your ownership!!! Just hope its still alive and kicking!!!