Sponsored by:

Quick Release Bumper Fasteners

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2020, 11:37 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts
Default Quick Release Bumper Fasteners

Was thinking with these cars getting on a bit rust is starting to become an issue. Behind the bumpers can hide rust at times so I was thinking take the bumpers off and give it a good clean behind there also check for rust from time to time. But the issue is that it isn't a quick job taking them off. With quick release fasteners this should make it an easier job.

So question, has anyone got them on their car or cars and are they any recommended ones to buy. Thoughts and iputs welcome.
Old 18 October 2020, 10:32 AM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

I wouldn't solely trust quick release fasteners if your talking about the kind that have a rubber loop securing them, I've had 1 go missing, 1 snap and the replacements I bought are looking like they are going to snap after 6 months of putting them on, my front bumper still has all the clips and the side bolts still on as I wouldn't trust them to keep the it secure on their own. Pretty sure mine were from eBay. If there's a more secure quick release other than the loop kind I'd look into that over them
Old 18 October 2020, 06:35 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Yep those were the ones I was thinking of. Have you got any pictures of them fitted.

If there are any alternatives I would like to know. There are some model specific ones that look very substantial but they are for newage cars and newer.

Really want them for ease but if its going to be more headache than they are worth then no point.
Old 18 October 2020, 08:08 PM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Best one I've got to hand as its dark out, pictures large enough to zoom in tho
Old 18 October 2020, 11:09 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Appreciate you sorting that out mate

Did you put them on for show or for functionality. They all seem to be the same so I don't think its possible to get better quality unless you go for a different style altogether. Bit gutted about that.
Old 18 October 2020, 11:09 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Forgot to add your car looks mental mate
Old 19 October 2020, 10:09 PM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Functionality to take the bumper off for getting up ramps etc (she's low, thought the mot tester was going to take the front off getting up the ramp lol) but soon learned they are just for show, you'd need to get some kind of half metal half spring coated in some kind of plastic that wouldn't wear, damage the bumper or become brittle for them to truly be functional, or be prepared to change the rubber loops every 2 months lol, they lose their elasticity and crack fast

And thanks pal, she's had some money spent on her, luckily half of it before I bought her haha
Old 20 October 2020, 11:13 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

I just noticed you have it looped? or crossed over. Was thinking about that earlier, that might give a bit more holding force but you have done it anyway lol. Other option would be to have another set on there and have them crisscrossed