Sponsored by:

How much is my wrx classic worth

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2020, 08:55 PM
Ben Harry
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is my wrx classic worth

So sadly my car has been damaged, I was going to get it repaired but I’m going down a different route now so thinking about selling it as it is rather than repairing it first.

the car is an import 1995 wrx and was imported to uk from japan in 2007 and im the second owner in this country. It’s done approx 120000km

bodywork is fitted with a 22b kit and resprayed in Subaru blue

engine is fitted with simtek ecu with launch control and anti lag. Larger injectors, and other necessary fuel mods along with a scooby clinic turbo, and turbo back exhaust blitz nur spec r all fitted and mapped by Martyn @ engine tuner to approx 350bhp

damage is boot lid, rear bumper, back panel and floor pan is slightly bent but this can be straightened and won’t need replacing, the bumper boot and rear panel will need and parts second hand was quoted at nearly £300 from scooby bits

I was out with the car tonight looking over it and it looks far to go to break so I thought someone may want a project. So I’m just dipping my toes to see what it may be worth as it is.

Old 07 September 2020, 10:12 PM
STI -V4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What sort of price are you after?
Old 07 September 2020, 10:14 PM
Ben Harry
Scooby Newbie

No idea. I’m in two minds about either stripping it down or fixing it.... I really don’t know what it’s worth as a whole. But in parts it’s worth a lot of money.
Old 07 September 2020, 11:44 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Oh dear what happened?

Is the damage on the side a result from the rear shunt? Or has it been in packed?
Old 08 September 2020, 06:33 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

not worth a great deal in its current state Really , id break it myself
Old 08 September 2020, 07:22 AM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by domino46
not worth a great deal in its current state Really , id break it myself
+1

Far too much damage to be worth fixing.
The following users liked this post:
Old 08 September 2020, 07:27 AM
Ben Harry
Scooby Newbie

£300 in used parts and £500 labour at the bodyshop it was originally fitted at to be fixed to insurance approved standard. Plus £600 if the both sides of car was to be resprayed. £1400 inc vat in total. It’s not a huge sum of money. I spent more than that on the turbo lol
Old 08 September 2020, 07:56 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Harry
£300 in used parts and £500 labour at the bodyshop it was originally fitted at to be fixed to insurance approved standard. Plus £600 if the both sides of car was to be resprayed. £1400 inc vat in total. It’s not a huge sum of money. I spent more than that on the turbo lol

I did say in its current state lol but first off you dont say what the spec is ,, second £1400 for a turbo running 350 is a hell of a lot of money and the facts are you dont get what you spent back so buying price is irrelevant really ,, I just brought a 350bhp turbo for £300 but as iv said its irrelevant lol,,, but the biggest issue would be the fact its now a damaged repaired car and in the current market people are now looking for clean rust free cars , not ones with body kits that have been repaired really

im not trying to cause offence or slat your car ,, I buy and sell these all the time and im just telling you what I think and you will prob see better money if you broke it ,, but its your car at the end of the day so its really up to you and if you feel its not a lot to put it right then do it but I feel that it would be money out of your pocket if your planning on selling it ,, just my thoughts
Old 08 September 2020, 08:05 AM
Ben Harry
Scooby Newbie

There was no offence taken, I was just saying that £1400 isn’t much money, well it is for some but not much for others. Everything from scooby clinic is expensive but I know it’s good so I’m happy shopping there.

im not bothered really at the value of the car as I have a new one lined up ready to go. I simply wondered what it would be worth as is before I take it back into work to be fixed and sold as mint, basically I don’t want to spend £1400 to have a car worth £3000 or in parts I might get £2000 is stripped down. Like for an example the turbo and injectors to me is worth a lot as id but the Same things for my new car, a blitz exhaust on eBay now is going for like £350 with loads of bids on it. And I’m sure the bc coil overs would fetch a bit. But I just can’t be arsed breaking it at home on the drive and having the issues with postage etc I’d either sell it almost as it is or just get it fixed and sell it as a decent car.
Old 12 September 2020, 10:24 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

I'd happily pay that. As you said who cares about what its worth. Your not selling it. If you were fixing to sell maybe think twice. Mine is due for the body shop going cost around £600.

Originally Posted by Ben Harry