Sponsored by:

Best link/contact for tyres please

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2020, 09:44 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Best link/contact for tyres please

Hi all I need a set of brand new tyres in 235 40 18 either Toyo or Dunlop sp sport please

any links or contacts or any recommendations appreciated thanks in advance
Old 19 August 2020, 09:47 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

https://www.camskill.co.uk/
The following users liked this post:
Old 19 August 2020, 09:52 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

openeo deliver plus they can fit for you , my second option is black circles , .....i ’m starting a debate now 🤣🤣 vredestein ultrac are very good plus not too much ££ , one car has pirelli p zero nero , the vredestein are so much better , the wet grip is very good too , when the pirelli wear out then vredestein
Old 19 August 2020, 09:57 AM
Scooby-doo97
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I always use the following to compare prices:

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/
https://lovetyres.com/
https://www.f1autocentres.co.uk/

F1 Autocentres pricing includes fitting and they price match if you can find a tyre cheaper elsewhere. Camskill prices are great but when you factor in fitting cost you don't actually save much (if anything).
Old 19 August 2020, 10:53 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

I've been looking for Michelin sport cup 2s, but there is a huge variation in prices
However, I did notice Kwik fit doing Yokohama AD08R'S in 245 40 18 for under £130 fitted, which is cheap.
Old 19 August 2020, 12:40 PM
scooobydont
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

You will never get a consistent singe best place to buy, each place does different offers at different time. My current tyres (goodyear eagle F1's) I got fitted by Kwik Fit (would never usually touch them) but, they were the cheapest around at time by miles dues to a promotion they were doing.

The sites quoted so far are the ones I used, then I did a local search with the main bigger companies (kwik fit, halfords, etc) to see how close to the prices they were.

Last edited by scooobydont; 19 August 2020 at 02:27 PM.
Old 19 August 2020, 04:29 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Yep this^^^^^. I got my Michelin super sports at Kwik fit for £30 a corner less than anywhere at the time.
Old 19 August 2020, 05:56 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Vxr2010
openeo deliver plus they can fit for you , my second option is black circles , .....i ’m starting a debate now 🤣🤣 vredestein ultrac are very good plus not too much ££ , one car has pirelli p zero nero , the vredestein are so much better , the wet grip is very good too , when the pirelli wear out then vredestein
just checked openeo they do deliver at local tyre garage but dont fit for you good prices thx

gonna see black circles then the links below
Old 19 August 2020, 05:57 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by ZANY
just checked openeo they do deliver at local tyre garage but dont fit for you good prices thx

gonna see black circles then the links below
how you feeling about your car bro? Hating or loving it?
Old 19 August 2020, 06:40 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

I always compare Camskill and blackcircles.com at the same time.

Often when I need tyres I'll check out both websites, and one is sometimes significantly cheaper than the other...it's almost like they take it in turns to do the bargains!

I've never used the fitting services, I just get them delivered to my door and fitted at work

Last edited by Hawkeye D; 19 August 2020 at 06:41 PM.
Old 19 August 2020, 07:14 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johno01
how you feeling about your car bro? Hating or loving it?
In all honesty bro I hate it with a passion I’ve really had enough of it!

but until the day it goes ill keep finding things to do to it

just bought a set set of Superleggra 18s quite ultra cheap bro! As you know what I’m like with my bargains I’ve put them on eBay for silly money till I get my tyres you never know...

just need 4 quality tyres as the ones are on are 3xtoyo proxies and one other new all plenty tread and good but not good enough for my scoob as it’ll do my head in knowing there’s one not same so all four are going

ordered a few under body summit braces , maxton rear spoiler lip in carbon,

Old 19 August 2020, 07:24 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Fair dues zany and I understand why people/owners hate these cars. Myself I hate the fact I can’t go out without attracting idiots up my ar*e. It might one day end me up in jail especially if I have my son in the car and I sort of dread taking it out. I’m very patient most the time but some days I think just sell the fu**in thing as you hardly drive it anyway and when you do you get stressed out 🤬🤬
Old 19 August 2020, 10:00 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johno01
Fair dues zany and I understand why people/owners hate these cars. Myself I hate the fact I can’t go out without attracting idiots up my ar*e. It might one day end me up in jail especially if I have my son in the car and I sort of dread taking it out. I’m very patient most the time but some days I think just sell the fu**in thing as you hardly drive it anyway and when you do you get stressed out 🤬🤬
FACKIN SNAP!! that’s two of us bro in the same boat and I bet there are others in here that are same

That is the one and only reason I hate it!! and never really want to take it out

Have to say dashcams are Defo the way forward if we are to keep these cars

btw have you got a dash cam in yours bro?
If not get one you’ll be surprised on how people drive round you 👌 wish I’d got one years ago
The following 2 users liked this post by ZANY:
Old 19 August 2020, 11:44 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZANY
FACKIN SNAP!! that’s two of us bro in the same boat and I bet there are others in here that are same

That is the one and only reason I hate it!! and never really want to take it out

Have to say dashcams are Defo the way forward if we are to keep these cars

btw have you got a dash cam in yours bro?
If not get one you’ll be surprised on how people drive round you 👌 wish I’d got one years ago
na not got one but yeah I think I may have to invest in one 👍
Old 20 August 2020, 01:26 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

the nextbase basic one at around 45£ is a good camera , with all dash cams reset the sd card regularly as they can miss clips out , i was hit by an old dear , the usual it was his fault etc , sent footage to both insurance companies , three weeks later it was oh we will pay you out our driver at error , no camera they were looking at 50/50 😕 a dash cam is a no brainier , the claim was over 10£k in the end
The following 2 users liked this post by Vxr2010:
Old 21 August 2020, 09:44 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Last couple of times I've bought tyres I've gone through Asda tyres. Quite good selection of tyres and competitive price wise, various options either delivered loose, fitted on your drive or put postcode in and gives you options of local garages that will have the tyres delivered direct to them and you choose when to get them fitted, day and hour time slot. Good thing is it may be a local garage you are familiar with, but generally it will be an actual garage and not just a tyre fitting centre.
Old 21 August 2020, 10:07 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy
Last couple of times I've bought tyres I've gone through Asda tyres. Quite good selection of tyres and competitive price wise, various options either delivered loose, fitted on your drive or put postcode in and gives you options of local garages that will have the tyres delivered direct to them and you choose when to get them fitted, day and hour time slot. Good thing is it may be a local garage you are familiar with, but generally it will be an actual garage and not just a tyre fitting centre.
i shall give it a try thanks pal much appreciated for input 👍

looking everywhere at the moment for all sorts no rush tho
you never know there might be an eBay bargain round the corner
Old 21 August 2020, 11:35 PM
scooobydont
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Costco is also worth a check if you know someone with a card.
Old 22 August 2020, 03:36 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

I've done about 15 miles tops in my car over the last few months. Had far too many people trying to break into it and bumpers all scuffed from people hitting it. I try and leave loads of space but some people just don't care. Was getting a little more confidence in driving it and thought nope I'm gonna buy a BMW normal daily because I'm too much of an idiot who can't be trusted so it should make me a better driver.

I know you've run Toyos but personally I would never run them again while in the UK. In the dry they are brilliant, loads of grip but as soon as it hits a bit of water thats it they want to slide. The roads are damp or wet more often than not.

Have a look at this link, not exactly the ones you are after but they have other sizes and might be worth a consideration.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/225...tric-5-3528774
Old 22 August 2020, 08:59 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
I've done about 15 miles tops in my car over the last few months. Had far too many people trying to break into it and bumpers all scuffed from people hitting it. I try and leave loads of space but some people just don't care. Was getting a little more confidence in driving it and thought nope I'm gonna buy a BMW normal daily because I'm too much of an idiot who can't be trusted so it should make me a better driver.

I know you've run Toyos but personally I would never run them again while in the UK. In the dry they are brilliant, loads of grip but as soon as it hits a bit of water thats it they want to slide. The roads are damp or wet more often than not.

Have a look at this link, not exactly the ones you are after but they have other sizes and might be worth a consideration.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/225...tric-5-3528774
thanks pal much appreciated

im leaning towards Pirelli or Dunlop sp’s at the moment and a toss up batween black circles and camskills as I have the Pirelli p zero on the golf and they are really good and so are the Dunlop sp sports on the impreza

once I get back home I’ll toss a coin lol, there’s no way I’m putting 3 of one brand and one of the other on my car

I might just give the Superleggra’s in with the car to demon wheels near Preston for a colour change thinking white gold or hyper silver, bmw anthracite that I had my xxr’s in and see what they can offer as they do tyres aswell really good freindly lads did a top job on the golf alloys
Old 22 August 2020, 09:21 PM
m40ttc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Have a hunt for black circle discount codes. I found one that worked and got 10/15% off my order. Ended up getting Goodyear super sports for £90 a corner.

Last edited by m40ttc; 23 August 2020 at 09:50 AM.
Old 23 August 2020, 05:15 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

What did you end up going for then. Pirelli p zeros are brilliant and so are falkens.
Old 23 August 2020, 05:41 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
What did you end up going for then. Pirelli p zeros are brilliant and so are falkens.
not gone for anything yet still kicking tyres