Sponsored by:

Car not as eager since battery off

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2020, 07:47 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts
Default Car not as eager since battery off

My car (2007 hawk sti) has been in the body shop for 2 weeks having a few bits and Bob's done. The battery went flat whilst there so they had it on charge so it was ready for when I collected it.

When I started it the cranking took much longer than usual ( it usually fires straight away) when it did start it was like it wasnt on choke and wasnt as eager to idle.

The revs were not moving around just seemed a little low. On the drive home it just didnt feel as quick as it usually does.

Is there a re-learn procedure that I should have followed?
there was no eml light on.
Old 24 June 2020, 08:10 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Check air filter overspray loves filters.
Old 24 June 2020, 08:19 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Any welding done ?
Old 24 June 2020, 08:49 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Who mapped it my car was done by Andy forrest and you have to double click rear demister button To go back into high boost after battery has been off
Old 25 June 2020, 05:56 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

No welding done.
car was built and mapped by scoobyclinic, only 1 map on car.
on the way to work today it wouldnt boost past 0.5 bar, just feels really flat.
Old 25 June 2020, 08:13 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

boost solenoid , give it a clean , may have just been something random like that, that’s decided to play up
Old 25 June 2020, 10:48 AM
RetroPug
Scooby Regular

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Batteries can be permanently damaged by going flat. Very poor batteries can also cause poor running.

If you've got another one try it, or see if it jumpstarts more eagerly from another vehicle.
Old 25 June 2020, 11:12 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by RetroPug
Batteries can be permanently damaged by going flat. Very poor batteries can also cause poor running.

If you've got another one try it, or see if it jumpstarts more eagerly from another vehicle.

yea iv had this happen ,, mine was due to the alternator failing though and not putting out enough charge , but similar reason and something id check
Old 25 June 2020, 11:16 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

After you have checked your charging system try a simple ecu reset, see if it helps, also this hot weather wont be helping.
Old 25 June 2020, 01:04 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
After you have checked your charging system try a simple ecu reset, see if it helps, also this hot weather wont be helping.
Dropping it off at thwaites Saturday as its due a cambelt kit next month anyway so they can sort it.........then she be up for sale
Old 25 June 2020, 01:22 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by the shreksta
Dropping it off at thwaites Saturday as its due a cambelt kit next month anyway so they can sort it.........then she be up for sale
no way mate, you getting another or taking a break? You haven’t had much luck recently with your current car
Old 25 June 2020, 04:01 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johno01
no way mate, you getting another or taking a break? You haven’t had much luck recently with your current car
Thing is it's just little things like intercooler pipe clamps and a sensor here or there.
Just taking a break from running 2 cars for a year whilst I get my house sorted (landscaped/hot-tub/air-con etc)

Covid has thrown a spanner in the works so my car plans have massively changed
Old 25 June 2020, 05:05 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbotony
surely its time for the bi monthly im getting an m car post lol
Not anymore pal,covid has put a stop to that for the time being
Old 25 June 2020, 06:18 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Is that where the term beamer comes from? The mix of baller and dreamer!?!?!
Old 25 June 2020, 06:45 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Shreksta you up for a bit of banter? I know we don’t know each other but I’ve been knocking around on here for a few years now. As an uneducated observer could I (cheekily) pose the following!
Firstly I am not your stature but I am 6’1”. A smidge over 14st and hover around 8% body fat (pre Covid). Have gone up to guesstimate of 10% during Covid. Now I can drop 3Ib per week if I want simply through simple calorie deficit and love my training when the gym is open! You are a bigger guy. Is there any chance in the 2 weeks the motor was in the body shop you were in the “body shop” & put on enough weight to seriously slow the old girl down????? Those man mountain breakfasts can do some serious damage if not kept in check. KR Rory 😂. As said just a bit of banter, no offence meant.
Old 25 June 2020, 07:30 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R666ORY+1
Shreksta you up for a bit of banter? I know we don’t know each other but I’ve been knocking around on here for a few years now. As an uneducated observer could I (cheekily) pose the following!
Firstly I am not your stature but I am 6’1”. A smidge over 14st and hover around 8% body fat (pre Covid). Have gone up to guesstimate of 10% during Covid. Now I can drop 3Ib per week if I want simply through simple calorie deficit and love my training when the gym is open! You are a bigger guy. Is there any chance in the 2 weeks the motor was in the body shop you were in the “body shop” & put on enough weight to seriously slow the old girl down????? Those man mountain breakfasts can do some serious damage if not kept in check. KR Rory 😂. As said just a bit of banter, no offence meant.
Yeah banter is fine buddy I dont take offence easily.
I've actually been losing a little weight recently via intermittent fasting, dropping around 4lb a week.
i have my own gym in my garage so can train whenever i like although it's over ran with landscaping supplies at the minute.

Old 25 June 2020, 07:47 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

What you doing? I’m on 10 am till 6pm but can easily do 12 noon till 7pm if busy & distracted from hunger! I highly rate restricted eating FWIW. Done loads of fad sh*te over the years (now 43). BMR is 1935 +/- calories per day so easy to manage with restricted eating but I think our training different as you are more strength orientated. Someone should relaunch the topic on here ref training etc. Anyway I hope you get the motor sorted whether you sell or keep. You have had some journey with it. Would be a shame to back out now but it is what it is. Good luck either way. Stay safe. Rory.
The following 2 users liked this post by R666ORY+1:
Old 25 June 2020, 07:57 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

What you doing? I’m on 10 am till 6pm but can easily do 12 noon till 7pm if busy & distracted from hunger! I highly rate restricted eating FWIW. Done loads of fad sh*te over the years (now 43). BMR is 1935 +/- calories per day so easy to manage with restricted eating but I think our training different as you are more strength orientated. Someone should relaunch the topic on here ref training etc. Anyway I hope you get the motor sorted whether you sell or keep. You have had some journey with it. Would be a shame to back out now but it is what it is. Good luck either way. Stay safe. Rory.
I've been doing the 11-7 so nothing after 7pm and nothing before 11am, works out ok as I start work @ 2:30 am and I'm always mega busy until 10ish then it's only an hour or so until I can eat. I dont actually like eating much at work I tend to scoff alot at home.
since breaking my shoulder I havent done much training wise, I'm finding it hard to push past a mental block at the minute........I'm too old (40) too fat .....dont wanna get injured again etc etc
cheers for the kind words buddy.
The following users liked this post:
Old 25 June 2020, 09:22 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

M8 I had 2 x torn rotor cuff (1 each side). 2 x hyper extended elbows from boxing (imbalance in Bi/Tri strength). Sciatica from my piriformis being pinched in my left hip. I spent years training around it till it got too much. 2 visits as to what was then Headley Court (Help for Heroes gym/rehab) & I moved passed it. I will never be as strong as I was. That said biomechanically I will never be better. I had myself convinced mentally I couldn’t do it anymore until I started doing it (2.5kg increase at a time on an olympic bar! Not even 5% of the bars weight let alone adding iron!). Got back to 185kg bench as a guy fractionally over 13 stone. I Won’t go on but my point is I was convinced I was Screwed for life & it bent my head big time. it’s not a competition but if training etc is your thing keep at it buddy. If your injured & it truly affects you help is out there. Even in the NHS! For the record I tried to PM this but don’t know how!!!!
Old 26 June 2020, 03:23 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

M8 I had 2 x torn rotor cuff (1 each side). 2 x hyper extended elbows from boxing (imbalance in Bi/Tri strength). Sciatica from my piriformis being pinched in my left hip. I spent years training around it till it got too much. 2 visits as to what was then Headley Court (Help for Heroes gym/rehab) & I moved passed it. I will never be as strong as I was. That said biomechanically I will never be better. I had myself convinced mentally I couldn’t do it anymore until I started doing it (2.5kg increase at a time on an olympic bar! Not even 5% of the bars weight let alone adding iron!). Got back to 185kg bench as a guy fractionally over 13 stone. I Won’t go on but my point is I was convinced I was Screwed for life & it bent my head big time. it’s not a competition but if training etc is your thing keep at it buddy. If your injured & it truly affects you help is out there. Even in the NHS! For the record I tried to PM this but don’t know how!!!!
I had a double hernia around 5 years ago and after that I started back training with an empty bar working on my form then slowly built it all back up.......
Then I tore my supernator muscle......
Then I broke my shoulder.....
Then I was diagnosed with an incurable condition which will get worse if not maintained......
then I turned 40.......

All that **** adds up in my head. It's a shame as when I stick solidly to a training program I do get good results. My squat and deadlift went through the roof on the 5x5 program and I honestly felt I was no way near plateuing on them, I was repping 200kg squats with ease. I've got a great set up at home aswell, spent over 5k on equipment.
I was doing strongman training for a while and I loved it,constantly hitting pb's and came in at 9th place out of 20 in Birmingham's strongest man a few years back after just 3 months training.
400kg tyre flip x 5 reps
100kg fat grip farmers walk
200kg deadlift for reps
100 kg Log press
110,120,130,140,150 kg atlas stones
Was a ****ing blast mate.
in my head I'm just too old for it now,think I need to have a word with myself.
Old 26 June 2020, 07:14 AM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

That’s truly impressive buddy, fair play to you. I’ve recently toyed with the idea of going in a completely different direction and going down the power lifting route but I am probably to
old now! Not a friend of mine but a friend of a friend was well into it. He was diagnosed with bone cancer. He decide to just say f#ck it and try smash his PBs across the board before it really took a hold of him. He did it, last thing was his squat. Managed it then days later fractured his hip. He was truly happy to best it but he truly paid for it. Sometimes you just need know when to take your foot off the gas. Stay safe bud 👍🏼.
Old 26 June 2020, 09:37 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Which injury was the most painful? I’ve pulled my back to the point where I couldn’t walk and that was painful but I’m sure there’s a lot worse out there especially with the amount of weight your lifting
Old 26 June 2020, 09:51 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Which injury was the most painful? I’ve pulled my back to the point where I couldn’t walk and that was painful but I’m sure there’s a lot worse out there especially with the amount of weight your lifting
without a doubt it was my shoulder, I fell down my stairs and grabbed the banister as I slid on my ****, my arm got wrenched up behind me dislocating my shoulder,breaking my scapula and tore my bicep/pec along with a ruptured bursa and rotator cuff damage. Took 12 months to heal and even now I dont have all my range of motion back,I would say I've lost a good 5-10% of my flexibility in my right arm.i struggle with getting my arm behind me and certain twisting movements. Also cannot generate alot of strength through it now for pressing especially overhead.
Old 26 June 2020, 10:07 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

without a doubt it was my shoulder, I fell down my stairs and grabbed the banister as I slid on my ****, my arm got wrenched up behind me dislocating my shoulder,breaking my scapula and tore my bicep/pec along with a ruptured bursa and rotator cuff damage. Took 12 months to heal and even now I dont have all my range of motion back,I would say I've lost a good 5-10% of my flexibility in my right arm.i struggle with getting my arm behind me and certain twisting movements. Also cannot generate alot of strength through it now for pressing especially overhead.
Nice....🤮
Old 26 June 2020, 10:12 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Nice....🤮
Most certainly not
Old 26 June 2020, 08:42 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Could they have ran the tank near empty and blocked the fuel filter?
Old 26 June 2020, 08:50 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Could they have ran the tank near empty and blocked the fuel filter?
the car has covered no mileage since being in there or used any fuel.
Old 27 June 2020, 10:15 AM
HarryB
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been doing the 11-7 so nothing after 7pm and nothing before 11am, works out ok as I start work @ 2:30 am and I'm always mega busy until 10ish then it's only an hour or so until I can eat. I dont actually like eating much at work I tend to scoff alot at home.
since breaking my shoulder I havent done much training wise, I'm finding it hard to push past a mental block at the minute........I'm too old (40) too fat .....dont wanna get injured again etc etc
cheers for the kind words buddy.
Scoobynet is probably the last place I'd expect an intermittent fasting chat 😂 (I'm a 1pm-8pm man, myself)

Squatting 200kg for fun is very impressive.. be a shame to throw in the towel because you (wrongly) think you're too old!
The following 2 users liked this post by HarryB:
Old 27 June 2020, 10:43 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

think you guys are talking about the wrong power to weight
Old 28 June 2020, 07:40 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Power to weight! 😂. Very valid point!!!!

Quick Reply: Car not as eager since battery off