Sponsored by:

paisleyfreight WARNING

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2020, 10:03 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts
Default paisleyfreight WARNING

Well as have most on here, been using them for years.

I sent an exhaust through there service, it got damaged i wasn't worried as it was packed very well. And i had paid extra insurance. They agreed with the claim after loads of speaking photo's sent evidence etc they then sent me this.

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/restricted-items
Old 15 June 2020, 10:14 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

That's some list. You'd wonder what is covered. Plus what does the extra insurance get you ?
Old 15 June 2020, 10:17 AM
The Hoff
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a big list indeed,

I imagine that many of us use the courier companies and just tick 'that' box that states you understand the prohibited items... even though no one actually reads it until the situation above
Old 15 June 2020, 10:19 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

If its on the restricted list nothing. I've sent loads of things off that list with extra insurance. So they have taken my money, but all this time. Its been void. I'm so disappointed. This is just shocking, surely you can't take extra cover for nothing.
The following users liked this post:
Old 15 June 2020, 10:24 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

But I've received a refund for a damaged item last year i think that was on that list. I just think this needs to be spread. as this is a company many car enthusiasts use, due to there being good with shipping car parts. As i might aswell just use parcelforce as they don't cover car parts.

Originally Posted by The Hoff
That is a big list indeed,

I imagine that many of us use the courier companies and just tick 'that' box that states you understand the prohibited items... even though no one actually reads it until the situation above
Old 22 June 2020, 07:20 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Well they have just refunded my booking fee. Not even return postage. Any other couriers that cover big car parts.
Old 22 June 2020, 07:48 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Did you speak to a customer service advisor when booking or did you just book online?

Did it give you a box to tick to show it was an exhaust or do you just write it in a box.

I'm thinking of ways that they would see it's a prohibited item and not allow you to take insurance
Old 23 June 2020, 02:46 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

If you go on Pasiley Freight website you can book an exhaust for £22 no measuring needed. Just has too be under 30kg.

So the system new I was booking an exhaust. And still let me add insurance. Sent out loads of car parts over the years off that list.

I might see if I can get an account with APC the courier they use. But might not be able get as cheap prices as Paisley freight have volume on there side.

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Did you speak to a customer service advisor when booking or did you just book online?

Did it give you a box to tick to show it was an exhaust or do you just write it in a box.

I'm thinking of ways that they would see it's a prohibited item and not allow you to take insurance
Old 23 June 2020, 05:11 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Sounds like they miss sold you the insurance, there might be a law against that ?
Old 23 June 2020, 06:15 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by lockheed
Sounds like they miss sold you the insurance, there might be a law against that ?
this is what I'm thinking.
if they didnt make it easy for you to see what's prohibited you.mqy have a case.
ask them for a managers name and you needs point of contact for your legal advisor to contact.
- they may fold and pay out
The following users liked this post:
Old 24 June 2020, 08:06 PM
Nelzsti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Not that simple with insurance i found when i hired a Cherry Picker. I always take out the hire companies own insurance for damage,, done this for years paid an extra £60 many times to cover myself.. I got a bill one time for a grand to cover a Tyre!! when i asked about the insurance they said it doesnt cover tyres, and they dont have a policy booklet to tell you what is or isnt covered ,,, They said its at there discretion... I called the insurance Ombudsmen to report them but because they dont subscribe to the insurance code of conduct , they couldnt help. Not worth a CARROT!
Old 25 June 2020, 01:03 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Hi I did say I'd take it further. They refunded me for shipping and insurance. But that's not good enough.

I might try what you said see what happens thanks

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
this is what I'm thinking.
if they didnt make it easy for you to see what's prohibited you.mqy have a case.
ask them for a managers name and you needs point of contact for your legal advisor to contact.
- they may fold and pay out
Old 25 June 2020, 07:58 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelzsti
Not that simple with insurance i found when i hired a Cherry Picker. I always take out the hire companies own insurance for damage,, done this for years paid an extra £60 many times to cover myself.. I got a bill one time for a grand to cover a Tyre!! when i asked about the insurance they said it doesnt cover tyres, and they dont have a policy booklet to tell you what is or isnt covered ,,, They said its at there discretion... I called the insurance Ombudsmen to report them but because they dont subscribe to the insurance code of conduct , they couldnt help. Not worth a CARROT!
did you have to pay the grand?
Old 25 June 2020, 08:18 AM
Nelzsti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Never paid them a penny
Old 25 June 2020, 08:47 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelzsti
Never paid them a penny
good, some companies are right scumbags....a grand for a tyre probably meant a grand towards a holiday or a nice car.
Old 25 June 2020, 01:18 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

They have said.

I understand your predicament and your comments, however we do not offer insurance. The service we provide is for increased liability,

Lol

Old 25 June 2020, 04:51 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by jaygsi
They have said.

I understand your predicament and your comments, however we do not offer insurance. The service we provide is for increased liability,

Lol
They what lol. doesn't that fall under liability insurance. Might be worth getting onto trading standards.
Old 27 June 2020, 12:37 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Sounds like there using fancy talk to throw me off. I will send them your question lol

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
They what lol. doesn't that fall under liability insurance. Might be worth getting onto trading standards.
Old 28 June 2020, 04:56 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the same problem with TNT, Broke an item that was insured & would pay out.