Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2001, 10:55 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do any of you own, or have owned an Evo VI. I'm selling my MY99 soon and want something as fast or faster. Tested a new shape scooby and I thought it was vastly underpowered / ugly. Am test driving one (evo) on Saturday, but your experiences would be greatly received.

[This message has been edited by medders (edited 24 May 2001).]
Old 24 May 2001, 01:59 PM
No7T3
Scooby Newbie

Arrow

With the comparitive costs between scoobies and Evo's and vurtually identical performance figures - would it not be more prudent to by a SKYLINE R34

Hubba hubba
Old 24 May 2001, 02:07 PM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Smile

Medders,

Having had an STI5 Type-R V-ltd, and also having driven and Evo6, I'll offer my thoughts.

To be honest, the Evo can be seen as a natural progression from a Scoob. This is bound to get the Scoobynetters backs up, but in reality, the Evo is the better car. The handling is sublime when compared with the understeer characteristic that blights the Scooby. For example, at the Nurburgring, I drove an EVO6 for the first time, and within 5 corners had it drifting and mildly oversteering. The chassis feedback was sublime. Going out in a 22B revealed understeer and a reluctance to turn into the corner.

Evo's are better made, have better brakes, and IMHO handle better too. The only downsides for me would be servicing, and appalingly small fuel tank, and obviously insurance.

If you desire a real drivers car, and you're not afraid of a little playful oversteer, the the Evo is the car for you.

Matt

BTW, it would be quicker point to point than a lardy R34 anyday.