ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

2006 3.0 r spec b legacy

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2019, 08:54 AM
imprezahubbard
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 3.0 r spec b legacy

Hello everyone I sold my 1998 impress turbo 3 years ago and been ragging around a Mazda 6 mps 320bhp since been a blast but want to go back to Subaru I'm looking at a 2006 3.0r spec b legacy saloon manual as love the look of the back end has all the toys and after being in my mates one couldn't belive how fast they are easy as fast as my 1998 turbo my worry tho is dealer has stated a very high biting point of the clutch is this true of these as herd it is cant test my mates as its sold its 51k on clock my impress had a sweet clutch the Mazda was a nightmare so bitey. So are these cars ment to have a high clutch many thanks in advanced
The following users liked this post:
Old 28 June 2019, 04:34 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Lots of enthusiasts at http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/ you will find lots of help there...

Have fun
Old 30 June 2019, 11:38 AM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own the same car - the clutch can make a monkey out of you, the pedal comes a long way up off the carpet before it engages, it is fine when driving, but driving in traffic can be challenging. Mine has always done this, initially thought the first owner had perhaps been lazy about changing the fluid (hydraulic clutch), but changing the fluid makes no difference. It is just a characteristic of the car.

There are couple of other points to watch out for - the alarm immobiliser will drain a healthy vehicle battery in a fortnight if the car is parked up & unused - caught out once coming back from holiday by this. When this happens the throttle position sensor settings are cleared, which makes the car stall until it relearns the settings, then all is back to normal.

If you are interested, my low mileage (56K) example is available.

https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marq...l#post11824503

Last edited by tarmac terror; 30 June 2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09 July 2019, 11:19 AM
Jonny Cut Corners
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got a one on an 05 plate.
My clutch bite doesn't feel any higher than any other car I drive (Classic Impreza, 2018 golf, 1992 Volvo)

Great daily car though. Quick, comfy, spacious and well equipped. Do wish the stock exhaust let out a bit more of the flat 6 noise though.

When I bought mine in October I felt like the handling was a bit on the understeery side. Fresh tyres helped but feel and grip were massively improved with about £300 of whiteline bushes at the front. From memory I got the Inner control arm bushes, rear control arm ALK, steering rack mounts and ARB drop links.
Well worth the money if the the stock suspension is in anyway tired.