Its been a while

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2018, 02:10 PM
frazdogg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its been a while

Hi All

After a hectic year and a bit building my business i have returned to focus on the search for the next scooby. So budget wise i am looking at £5k and only looking for jdm sti ver 3-5, depending on what i can get for my money will determine which year i can get.

How does this one fair in your experienced eyes?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-Suba...AAAOSwO1pbPOYR

Cheers all and looking forward to hopefully finally meeting some of you in the future in the chosen car
Old 06 July 2018, 08:05 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

It looks like a nice honest car to my eyes...photos always flatter though...Ask me, i Know...
The later face lifted cars have nicer instruments imho, but this looks like a good example...Maybe worth a look?

Does the colour of the bonnet match btw?
Old 06 July 2018, 08:10 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

any good?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-Suba...UAAOSwI-dbOfo~

RA but it's a bit over budget..It's near me so I could take look on your behalf..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-Suba...AAAOSwL4lbHqxb
Old 06 July 2018, 08:59 PM
frazdogg
Scooby Regular

how bizzare it looks like he has pulled it from ebay, maybe not meant to be that one but will keep looking, cheers for the info
Old 06 July 2018, 09:03 PM
STI -V4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are buying a recent[ish] import I strongly reccomend getting a CARVX check done on it [like a ukHpi check] will tell you what grade and mileage the car was in Japan and more importantly if damaged / clocked etc.

A friend recently had a Lancer Evo 8 checked that he was going to buy and it magically had about 80000 KMs disappear and the seller said it was a private import so no grade yet when the check was carried out the car was bought from a Japan auction as a Grade R having had a front ender as well as rear 1/4 damage / repaired.

Best 25pounds he spent.
Old 06 July 2018, 09:05 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by frazdogg
Hi All

After a hectic year and a bit building my business i have returned to focus on the search for the next scooby. So budget wise i am looking at £5k and only looking for jdm sti ver 3-5, depending on what i can get for my money will determine which year i can get.

How does this one fair in your experienced eyes?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-Suba...AAAOSwO1pbPOYR

Cheers all and looking forward to hopefully finally meeting some of you in the future in the chosen car
thast not an sti
Old 06 July 2018, 09:24 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Wonder if that's worth doing for old import as normally you can tell how many miles it's done just by looks being an old car.

Originally Posted by STI -V4
If you are buying a recent[ish] import I strongly reccomend getting a CARVX check done on it [like a ukHpi check] will tell you what grade and mileage the car was in Japan and more importantly if damaged / clocked etc.

A friend recently had a Lancer Evo 8 checked that he was going to buy and it magically had about 80000 KMs disappear and the seller said it was a private import so no grade yet when the check was carried out the car was bought from a Japan auction as a Grade R having had a front ender as well as rear 1/4 damage / repaired.

Best 25pounds he spent.
Old 06 July 2018, 11:27 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by frazdogg
how bizzare it looks like he has pulled it from ebay, maybe not meant to be that one but will keep looking, cheers for the info
maybe sold, or a dodgy forum member saw your thread?