its been a while! jdm forester on its way. - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum



ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

its been a while! jdm forester on its way.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08 February 2018, 09:31 PM   #1
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default its been a while! jdm forester on its way.

hi everyone, not had a scoob for a few years, just put a deposit on what i think will be a great family car. late pre-facelift forester sti. pick it up in a few weeks.
just need a dog guard for it and perhaps a little map tweek.
https://torque-gt.co.uk/car/subaru-forester-sti/
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 February 2018, 09:32 PM   #2
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

on the link i posted....scroll down for more pics.
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 February 2018, 11:57 PM   #3
jaygsi
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (46)
 
jaygsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 11,010
Default

That's the colour to go for looks stunning well done.
jaygsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 February 2018, 01:07 PM   #4
Rusti
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Rusti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 639
Default

Same zorst I have on mine, lovely fozzy congratulations
Rusti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09 February 2018, 01:11 PM   #5
Rusti
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Rusti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 639
Default

Two questions, what gauge pod does it have and what aftermarket suspension is it?
Rusti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09 February 2018, 08:52 PM   #6
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
Two questions, what gauge pod does it have and what aftermarket suspension is it?
not sure on either at the moment, when i know , ill post details up
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 February 2018, 11:29 PM   #7
Jonny Cut Corners
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Leicestershire, UK
Posts: 61
Default

That look immaculate. Well jealous!
Jonny Cut Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2018, 02:24 PM   #8
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
Same zorst I have on mine, lovely fozzy congratulations
is it loud?
im hopeing not, i like a nice deep burble but dont like hideous loud exhausts. too old for all that!
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2018, 07:15 PM   #9
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawor View Post
20 quid strut bars
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2018, 07:16 PM   #10
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by northamptonfawor View Post
500 quid 15 year old wrx
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2018, 07:19 PM   #11
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by northamptonfawor View Post
fawor...he likes to comment on all cars ,mainly because he is jealous as all he has in a 15 year old wrx.
STI envy its called
oh ok, strange way of doing things!
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2018, 08:11 PM   #12
Rusti
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Rusti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99greenwagon View Post
is it loud?
im hopeing not, i like a nice deep burble but dont like hideous loud exhausts. too old for all that!
its a lovely exhaust not too loud and has a distinctive tone when you are giving it some beans
Rusti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2018, 08:48 PM   #13
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
its a lovely exhaust not too loud and has a distinctive tone when you are giving it some beans
ah ok cool, what made you pick that exhaust or was already on the car?
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2018, 10:57 PM   #14
Rusti
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Rusti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 639
Default

No mine came standard so I bought a second hand catcback system, with the inintenti of mating a prodrive sports cat to it.

I went for the Fujitsubo because it was a bit different and jdm.

I also bought my fozzy from Torque GT in October last year.

My thread is here if your interested https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...e-machine.html
Rusti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 07:30 PM   #15
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
No mine came standard so I bought a second hand catcback system, with the inintenti of mating a prodrive sports cat to it.

I went for the Fujitsubo because it was a bit different and jdm.

I also bought my fozzy from Torque GT in October last year.

My thread is here if your interested https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...e-machine.html
nice! how are you finding forester sti ownership so far?
looking forward to my collection day.
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 09:10 PM   #16
53
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (41)
 
53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 53
Posts: 19,763
Default

I really like these but the drive by wire throttle and the 2.5 are a no for me. I don't understand why they did that. Do love a forester though
53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 09:14 PM   #17
bonesetter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
bonesetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midlands
Posts: 3,252
Default

Beauty
bonesetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 08:59 AM   #18
Rusti
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Rusti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99greenwagon View Post
nice! how are you finding forester sti ownership so far?
looking forward to my collection day.
I Love it, originally I thought I would miss the handling of my hawkeye but I dont, it looks a bit like a barge but it will surprise you how well it handles and has the advantage of a decent boot.

I also like the fact that most people have no idea what it is and then make the mistake of thinking the badges are just a trim level
Rusti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 08:21 PM   #19
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
I Love it, originally I thought I would miss the handling of my hawkeye but I dont, it looks a bit like a barge but it will surprise you how well it handles and has the advantage of a decent boot.

I also like the fact that most people have no idea what it is and then make the mistake of thinking the badges are just a trim level
haha, yeah gotta love that, did it feel quick in standard form or underwhelming?
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 02:16 PM   #20
Rusti
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Rusti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 639
Default

slightly underwhelming, for two reasons, firstly you cant hear the burble at all with the standard exhaust, I mean nothing

secondly my hawkeye was running 330/350 so there was a noticeable difference in power. Handling wise the fozzy actually felt tighter as it hadnt spent 10 years in our rotten climate
Rusti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 02:22 PM   #21
arumdevil
Scooby Regular
 
arumdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shire of Devon
Posts: 781
Default

They look so good in that colour. TGT are top guys, you're in good hands!
arumdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 02:43 PM   #22
bonesetter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
bonesetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midlands
Posts: 3,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
slightly underwhelming, for two reasons, firstly you cant hear the burble at all with the standard exhaust, I mean nothing

secondly my hawkeye was running 330/350 so there was a noticeable difference in power. Handling wise the fozzy actually felt tighter as it hadnt spent 10 years in our rotten climate
Oh dear, that isn't set-up properly then

Mine was epic with a decent zorst & ~330bhp map
bonesetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 08:11 PM   #23
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

ah ok, im planning to just leave the standard cat in the oe downpipe, and with the fujitsubo cat back system and then just get it mapped for super 98 ron as v power is abit of an inconvenience to us.
is this worth doing and what power/ torque gain would it see? ive only found dyno results for litchfield maps etc using a sports cat, the main idea is to free it up a bit and safegaurd it due to wanting to run on 98 ron, not chasing dyno results but have noticed these produce quite good torque levels?
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 08:18 PM   #24
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

also, is there anything else i would need ? or can it be mapped as it is, rather than adding things like filter, spark plugs etc etc?
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 08:29 PM   #25
bonesetter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
bonesetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midlands
Posts: 3,252
Default

Me personally - that d/pipe cat would be gone

And, I'm not sure what you've in budget mind, but a sports cat would make a significant, quite noticeable (and enjoyable) breathing improvement

But really low octane and a de-tune...?
bonesetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 09:12 PM   #26
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesetter View Post
Me personally - that d/pipe cat would be gone

And, I'm not sure what you've in budget mind, but a sports cat would make a significant, quite noticeable (and enjoyable) breathing improvement

But really low octane and a de-tune...?
im assuming that having the car mapped will not be a detune lol.regardless of downpipe, i know it is a bit of a restriction with the cat in place but im kinda finished modding cars, its an expensive game and priorities are elsewhere, ive been down that route with my old type r.
im looking at mapping the car from basically oe spec, the cat makes mot time easy too.
would i not see an improvement in power ,torque and fuel economy from an ecutek map?
v power is 99 and im looking to map for super 98 ron.
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 09:25 PM   #27
bonesetter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
bonesetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midlands
Posts: 3,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99greenwagon View Post
im assuming that having the car mapped will not be a detune lol.regardless of downpipe, i know it is a bit of a restriction with the cat in place but im kinda finished modding cars, its an expensive game and priorities are elsewhere, ive been down that route with my old type r.
im looking at mapping the car from basically oe spec, the cat makes mot time easy too.
would i not see an improvement in power ,torque and fuel economy from an ecutek map?
v power is 99 and im looking to map for super 98 ron.
That all makes perfect sense, for an enjoyable car

You certainly would see improvement, and really need a map tweak for engine safeguard (100RON map change) performance/exhaust/panel filter change etc
bonesetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 09:30 PM   #28
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesetter View Post
That all makes perfect sense, for an enjoyable car

You certainly would see improvement, and really need a map tweak for engine safeguard (100RON map change) performance/exhaust/panel filter change etc
would 300bhp and 300lb ft be achievable with the standard cat in place?
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 12:00 PM   #29
Rusti
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Rusti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesetter View Post
Oh dear, that isn't set-up properly then

Mine was epic with a decent zorst & ~330bhp map
Thats my point buddy, the FSTI is to quiet and down on power compared to a mapped impreza with a full zorst system on it.

Mine will be going to Slowboy in March to have the sports cat fitted and remap done
Rusti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 08:50 PM   #30
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
99greenwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,780
Default

which sports cat? is it forester specefic?
99greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a few of the silver sauceage , been a while since its been running M444GY Member's Gallery 13 15 December 2012 07:21 PM
joke.......... while i've not been in here for a while julian N/W wrx my93 The Muppet Room 13 09 June 2005 01:12 AM
Whats the syntax for posting images please? (been a while since i been on S.N.!) Rikki 95WRX Computer & Technology Related 2 27 February 2003 10:28 AM
A wimbo way, a wimbo way, a wimbo way, a wimbo way........whoooooooooo iain atkins The Muppet Room 31 26 April 2002 01:27 PM
hi all its been a while since ive been on DAZ ScoobyNet General 2 17 April 2002 10:44 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:09 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: