Sponsored by:

anyone using Competition twinplate clutch

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2018, 03:34 PM
J0nas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone using Competition twinplate clutch

Im upgrading the clutch on my car to a twinplate.

Been looking at the CC twin plates aswell as the Exedy twinplate fm022SD

Would like some input on the CC clutches as Exedy is proven and easy to find info and feedback on them but not the CC ones.

https://scoobyworx.com/competition-c...ch-15835-p.asp

or

https://scoobyworx.com/competition-c...ch-15836-p.asp
Old 26 April 2018, 05:08 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

They drive practically the same,i am running an Exedy twin plate on my Subaru 600+ and it handles the torque/power well.If your not use to driving with a twin plate though it can get a bit tiring on the left leg and could be tough for a daily unless you have previous experience with one....but both Exedy and CC twin plate clutches are very good,My advice would be just don't upgrade to one until you have too.SJ.
Old 27 April 2018, 05:38 AM
J0nas
Scooby Regular

My engine is beeing rebuilt at the moment so everything is easy to do. My goals are about 400whp for the time beeing with the odd track day here and there. But i want it to be ready if i decide go for more power in the future.

I ran a twin plate OS Giken on My old r33 gtr
Old 27 April 2018, 07:09 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Good clutch,you will be fine then,but in all honesty I would not fit a twin plate until I got to at least 500 horses as a single plate would easily cope with 400 wheel horse power,but as you said when changing a clutch it’s always good to future proof.SJ.
Old 27 April 2018, 08:12 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

SJ is absolutely right.

I ran a Exedy Twin on a 450 blob for the road (had track time in mind but never got there) and it was a little over the top as well as noisy, but that said it pretty much ran like a stock clutch once you have got familiar with the bite points. Even slipping the clutch slightly wasn't an issue which seem to a problem with some drivers.

Launching the car with a Twin Plate is great, pretty much instant grab, but then all you are doing in distributing the shock down the driver chain, luckily I have not had any issues doing so to date.

This time around I've gone down the Helix Twin Plate - Never had one before so I have no idea what to expect.
Old 29 April 2018, 03:54 AM
J0nas
Scooby Regular

Well then, looks like i will settle for the cc twin plate Organic which will hold for 750ft/ob torque since Im getting a good deal on it.

But to be sure i need to check as these cc clutches seem to be push...

Last edited by J0nas; 29 April 2018 at 04:03 AM.
Old 29 April 2018, 11:07 AM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

In truth, we haven't found anything to beat the Exedy twin plate, apart from the HKS versions, which are very good indeed, but eye wateringly expensive.
We've used the Helix, which is either brilliant or a pain, being very inconsistent in quality. On a good day, the organic one is smooth, quiet and very light, but the bite point can vary depending on how spirited the driving is. It's a possible option for a very powerful road car.
We didn't have a good experience with the CC twin plate cerametallic clutch. It was heavy and as fierce as you can stick in traffic. I had to run in a customer's car on one and hated it. Maybe they've improved it, but it was a big disappointment, compared to their single plate clutches, which we use all the time and are very good value. We've run those up to 500 bhp no bother at all.
Most often, any issues with clutches are just down to matching them to the owner!

Trending Topics

Old 29 April 2018, 01:43 PM
J0nas
Scooby Regular

I have read a few posts on the evo forum about the CC twin plates and seems to very mixed, maybe i'll just stick with the exedy as first planned.

I bought a stege 3 CC but sold it opted to go with Twin plate, if i decide to up the power i won't have to change clutch again.