Advice - Worth Decatting WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2018, 12:47 PM
SteveB123
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice - Worth Decatting WRX?

Afternoon lads,

Just looking for some advice before I decide if it's worth decatting my WRX. It currently has a full Blitz exhaust system on, and I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting a decat centre section,downpipe etc, just to see what sort of noise levels people are getting lol and if it has had any noticeable differences in the car?

My Type R was fully decatted and the droning noise was unreal, also to the point that it set other car alarms off in my estate so I had to roll the car off the drive in the mornings lol. It's getting a remap in a month so just looking to do a few tweaks before hand.

Cheers for any info.
Old 21 April 2018, 01:39 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

it's not known as a blitz earbleeder for nothing hahaha

if your worried about droning then i'd look at a full system, i had a cobra race system on my type r thats designed for track use so not restrictive but also to be lower than noise limits.
Old 21 April 2018, 01:53 PM
SteveB123
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
it's not known as a blitz earbleeder for nothing hahaha

if your worried about droning then i'd look at a full system, i had a cobra race system on my type r thats designed for track use so not restrictive but also to be lower than noise limits.
Lol it's a good noise as it is now...it's not subtle but it's not to much either, but getting used to it. Get a few pops when down changing and from going from 1st/2nd, but want to build on that with decatting, more so to try and get the most out of the remap as well. I had the Buddyclub Spec 3 on the Type R which was great, then got a Japspeed decat on it and that's when it all changed lol.