ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

WRX STi JDM at Motorhub....

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2017, 08:28 PM
Krigge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX STi JDM at Motorhub....

I know this is as ****ty as a company can be but even a broken watch is right twice....
Has anyone seen this car, mileage would (if correct) almost guarantee this car to be in good condition. Probably damaged but if its fixed properly im ok with that.
Any input would be welcome, this has been for sale FOREVER, started at 28k £ or something like that...

Link: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...us=1500&page=7
Old 19 December 2017, 08:56 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Japanese car sales + any garage in Keighley = alarm bells for me. Not even worth taking the risk imo.
Old 19 December 2017, 09:08 PM
Caribe
Scooby Regular

i understand where you are coming from.

Yes they dont have a great reputation, especially for the service that they provide.. but SOME of their cars will be ok...

Now I nearly purchased an S15 Silvia Type R a week ago, but it was obvious that it had previously had front end damage... it looked mint until you opened the bonnet and the slam panel looked like my 4 year old made it...

But i ended up going elsewhere... now, i DID purchase a Type R scooby from a garage in Bradford (so very close to Keighley)

Purchased from a garage who dont sell imports, but the garage imported this one in last year and have had it kept in a lock up as 2 doors were going up in price..

I bet you that a fair proportion of the cars in MotorHub are actually not bad cars, you will also hear more about people who have had issues than the ones that have... in the Promoter to Detractor scale (out of 10) only the people that score it a 9 or 10 will actively promote... people who score 7 - 8 wont actively say anything good or bad, but 6 or below will actively say how crap something is....

So my guess is the car is fine, but you need to go out and see it and buy it on the car and not the muppets around you.

I am down in the area tomorrow or Thursday and can have a look at it if you like?
Old 19 December 2017, 09:17 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

£21995 or £27995.
I am already suspicious. £1000 or 1500 perhaps but £6000
Old 19 December 2017, 09:18 PM
Karlos1999
Scooby Newbie

My old boss bought his missus a mx5 from there when it was keighley trade and it never missed a beat
Old 19 December 2017, 09:48 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

I went to view it and it's clearly been in a crash 100%.
Old 19 December 2017, 10:16 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure someone said that it hadn't been registered for the UK yet?? I remember a thread somewhere with someone who had done a review of most of the cars there and said that it was damaged repaired(and not very well either)

Rare car with low miles, got to be a reason its been for sale for best part 3 years!!!
Old 19 December 2017, 10:31 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Pretty sure someone said that it hadn't been registered for the UK yet?? I remember a thread somewhere with someone who had done a review of most of the cars there and said that it was damaged repaired(and not very well either)

Rare car with low miles, got to be a reason its been for sale for best part 3 years!!!
I think I remember that post, in depth with pics. Was a while ago though.
Old 19 December 2017, 10:50 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Caribe
i understand where you are coming from.

Yes they dont have a great reputation, especially for the service that they provide.. but SOME of their cars will be ok...

Now I nearly purchased an S15 Silvia Type R a week ago, but it was obvious that it had previously had front end damage... it looked mint until you opened the bonnet and the slam panel looked like my 4 year old made it...

But i ended up going elsewhere... now, i DID purchase a Type R scooby from a garage in Bradford (so very close to Keighley)

Purchased from a garage who dont sell imports, but the garage imported this one in last year and have had it kept in a lock up as 2 doors were going up in price..

I bet you that a fair proportion of the cars in MotorHub are actually not bad cars, you will also hear more about people who have had issues than the ones that have... in the Promoter to Detractor scale (out of 10) only the people that score it a 9 or 10 will actively promote... people who score 7 - 8 wont actively say anything good or bad, but 6 or below will actively say how crap something is....

So my guess is the car is fine, but you need to go out and see it and buy it on the car and not the muppets around you.

I am down in the area tomorrow or Thursday and can have a look at it if you like?
Well, going by the above comments, I think you’re theory has been blown well and truly out of the water .
Old 19 December 2017, 11:12 PM
Krigge
Scooby Regular

As I said, its probably been damaged but the question is how well its been repaired. I have no issues buying a car thats been put together by someone like an authorized dealer etc.
Looking at the price its hard to get an 2015 JDM for this money even if tis been damaged. The big problem with the car is if it hasn´t been registered, then theres most likely never goin to happen since its been in the country for years. Trackday toy maybe...

Caribe, if you are around I would be glad if you could have a quick look
Old 19 December 2017, 11:36 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Krigge
As I said, its probably been damaged but the question is how well its been repaired. I have no issues buying a car thats been put together by someone like an authorized dealer etc.
Looking at the price its hard to get an 2015 JDM for this money even if tis been damaged. The big problem with the car is if it hasn´t been registered, then theres most likely never goin to happen since its been in the country for years. Trackday toy maybe...

Caribe, if you are around I would be glad if you could have a quick look
This is from the Japanese auction report. The same car using the chassis number after viewing the car in the opening post.

Old 20 December 2017, 06:53 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AbbasSTI
This is from the Japanese auction report. The same car using the chassis number after viewing the car in the opening post.

I've also had an eye on that car, thinking it may be worth an offer. But seeing those pictures there is no way.
I'm impressed it's on the road at all. It must have been a hell of a rebuild. Or a hell of a lot of filler.
The footwells look like they're pushed in, virtally every panel damaged. Engine and gearbox must/should have been replaced?
Old 20 December 2017, 08:02 AM
Caribe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
Well, going by the above comments, I think you’re theory has been blown well and truly out of the water .

Have they?

My point was that on a promoter to detractor scale, 60% of people will actively say that they have had a bad experience compared to 20% of people that have had a good experience. That's why there are more negative reviews and people willing to talk about them.

I also put down that I went to see a car that had clearly been crashed, so i know that it does happen... But not ALL of their cars will be smashed up crap.

Now in the case of that Impreza, it clearly has been smashed up looking at the pics, but my point is still valid.
Old 20 December 2017, 09:40 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Caribe

Have they?

My point was that on a promoter to detractor scale, 60% of people will actively say that they have had a bad experience compared to 20% of people that have had a good experience. That's why there are more negative reviews and people willing to talk about them.

I also put down that I went to see a car that had clearly been crashed, so i know that it does happen... But not ALL of their cars will be smashed up crap.

Now in the case of that Impreza, it clearly has been smashed up looking at the pics, but my point is still valid.

even a broken clock is right, twice in one day

You've asked and been advised to stay away, if you don't want to heed that advice and know better then crack on ****

But don't come on here and moan about buying a crash damaged lemon later on.
Old 20 December 2017, 09:41 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cambs_Stuart
I've also had an eye on that car, thinking it may be worth an offer. But seeing those pictures there is no way.
I'm impressed it's on the road at all. It must have been a hell of a rebuild. Or a hell of a lot of filler.
The footwells look like they're pushed in, virtally every panel damaged. Engine and gearbox must/should have been replaced?
just becuase its back on the road doesnt mean its safe.
Old 20 December 2017, 10:05 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
just becuase its back on the road doesnt mean its safe.
Absolutely. To make that road legal/safe someone must have spent an utter fortune. Or bodged it beyond belief.
Old 20 December 2017, 10:22 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

My problem would be, how many have bought cars that dont use the interweb as well, so there are more we wont know about,
There are so many issues that the law of averages suggest something isnt right with the place,

Knowing that, would I risk my hard earned at a garage with a poor rep ? hell no ! and neither should you,

Bit like a guy who bought from the place in Peterborough, if you look at the reviews they are crap, but someone must have got one good car from them lol

Same on Ebay, most only look at the feedback when there is a problem, before that they focus on price and "I want", how many times after you have had an issue do you then look at the feedback, and you realise that it is common to have problems with that seller,

Knowing how crap Keighley et al are, why even take the gamble? especially on over priced cars.
Old 20 December 2017, 10:31 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by AbbasSTI

It's not the same car they don't buy damaged cars and repair them from Japan, a lot of the crap they buy is in road worthy condition. Can you ping me the chassis number as I was thinking of taking this off their hands.
Old 20 December 2017, 10:34 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
It's not the same car they don't buy damaged cars and repair them from Japan, a lot of the crap they buy is in road worthy condition. Can you ping me the chassis number as I was thinking of taking this off their hands.
If the chassis numbers match then it must be, or it's a ringer, either way its bad
Old 20 December 2017, 10:44 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by juggers
a lot of the crap they buy is in road worthy condition.
lol what a statement
Old 20 December 2017, 01:09 PM
STI -V4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be VERY surprised that above damaged car is the same thats for sale ! That IMO is beyond repair to make it viable to repair / resell.

I think someone has just pulled off pics of a damaged one, put 2 + 2 together and got 55 !
I'd be interested to see the auction sheet with them pics to confirm its the same car.
Old 20 December 2017, 01:46 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI -V4
I'd be VERY surprised that above damaged car is the same thats for sale ! That IMO is beyond repair to make it viable to repair / resell.

I think someone has just pulled off pics of a damaged one, put 2 + 2 together and got 55 !
I'd be interested to see the auction sheet with them pics to confirm its the same car.
I went to view the car and got the chassis number myself then paid Carvx about £20ish and got the report in PDF. I can't attach PDF's here but here are some screenshots. I've got no problem with Motorhub

Old 20 December 2017, 02:04 PM
STI -V4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oops ... ok i AM very shocked.
Old 20 December 2017, 02:19 PM
Krigge
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=AbbasSTI;11984767]This is from the Japanese auction report. The same car using the chassis number after viewing the car in the opening post.

The car in the pictures can´t be the same as the one at Keighly(?), that one is a total loss and would have cost more to repair than buying a new one

Only explanation to me is that Keighlys is stolen and someone nicked the VIN from the smashed up one from Japan...
Old 20 December 2017, 02:34 PM
harry007
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Im thinking about buying it.
Old 20 December 2017, 05:49 PM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harry007
Im thinking about buying it.
Death trap or bargain? Only one way to find out...
Old 20 December 2017, 07:25 PM
Caribe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
even a broken clock is right, twice in one day

You've asked and been advised to stay away, if you don't want to heed that advice and know better then crack on ****

But don't come on here and moan about buying a crash damaged lemon later on.
what are you talking about????

I have not asked anything!!! I'm not the one looking to buy the car so I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

I am taking about reviews and how people promote or detract.... That's what I have said.

so you have thoroughly confused me as I am not buying a car....
Old 20 December 2017, 08:03 PM
Caribe
Scooby Regular

Just offer them 4.50 and some sour cherry Haribo.... If they take it then great.

but if those pics are the car then I would avoid.

it just looks completely pointless to repair IMO

surely it would cost more than it's worth? The roof is all wrinkled and their isn't a straight panel on the car...

the pics of the car for sale look great (but it is only a picture) so who knows.

if in doubt I would avoid though.

I know Motorhub have a bad rep and I have never purchased anything from them... But all I can say is someone I know purchased a white GT4 Celia from them years ago when they were Keighley cars or whatever they called themselves and he has not had 1 issue with the car at all.

So there will be afew good Cara tucked away in their somewhere, but I think the owners are the ones who cause the problem by giving crap advice and having zero customer service skills.
Old 20 December 2017, 08:53 PM
ray54
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Should,nt be allowed to sell the car (its cat b salvage) should be sold for parts only.
Old 20 December 2017, 09:01 PM
Krigge
Scooby Regular

I would really like to hear som first hand info from someone who actually seen this car recently.

Quick Reply: WRX STi JDM at Motorhub....