Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know this Bug Prodrive

Anyone know this car http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1520414030...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
looks vvery clean with very low miles and good hpi record
Old 04 April 2016, 04:06 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

not one that I have come across and its not on the prodrive register that Frayz set up on FB
Old 04 April 2016, 04:44 PM
palma0778
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ash
not one that I have come across and its not on the prodrive register that Frayz set up on FB
Seems like oryginal one i did hpi check and that came up as a prodrive.I think is own by a lady.Hpi also showing was for sale in 2011,2013.Check seems to be good as well.I am tempted for this just bit worrys owner dont have much clue about it.Fsh as well.
Old 04 April 2016, 05:02 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

It seems ok from what I can see of it. The paint job on the scoop looks shocking unless its the angle. The badge on the grill is also a fake. Interior looks right ect. If I was looking for another one I would go and see if and look over all the usual spots that are issues ect. Also they say they have a full history I would ask for the certificate from Prodrive to add to it ect.
Old 04 April 2016, 05:19 PM
palma0778
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ash
It seems ok from what I can see of it. The paint job on the scoop looks shocking unless its the angle. The badge on the grill is also a fake. Interior looks right ect. If I was looking for another one I would go and see if and look over all the usual spots that are issues ect. Also they say they have a full history I would ask for the certificate from Prodrive to add to it ect.
Thanks yeah i already did ask about but seems like the owner not cooperating well or dont have a much clue about it as she/he own the car for 6 mth only.He/she send me some pictures of the arches what he said are rust free and they looks ok.I did ask about some underside pictures but no response.I try to get as much info as i can before i travel 3h one way to look at it.No response about service history as well.

Last edited by palma0778; 04 April 2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04 April 2016, 05:24 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

It is a gamble mate I must admit. Mine was a search of 3 + years and I wen to look at a blue one that turned out to be a rust bucket. Bloke said if your interested I have one in my pvt collection and a week later it was on my drive haha

My experience if they are not forthcoming with info either they don't know or are trying to pull a fast one. Don't rush into anything m8 I see the bids are going up at the moment
Old 04 April 2016, 06:17 PM
palma0778
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ash
It is a gamble mate I must admit. Mine was a search of 3 + years and I wen to look at a blue one that turned out to be a rust bucket. Bloke said if your interested I have one in my pvt collection and a week later it was on my drive haha

My experience if they are not forthcoming with info either they don't know or are trying to pull a fast one. Don't rush into anything m8 I see the bids are going up at the moment
Yep already 3k+ on bids.Only thing what iv got respond on is they dont had ppp certificate and never had one looks like this one is prodrive style.
Old 04 April 2016, 06:31 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by palma0778
Yep already 3k+ on bids.Only thing what iv got respond on is they dont had ppp certificate and never had one looks like this one is prodrive style.

It is a Prodrive style Bug, which is purely a cosmetic exercise so no certificate for engine mods. The engine looks pretty standard apart from the air filter, the wheels are non standard (the Prodrive Bug came with the standard 17" gold Sti wheels) and there are a few non standard badges and decals but otherwise it looks ok. Obviously a personal visit required to check rust etc, but Prodrive Bugs in good nick seem to command better prices than the normal Bug.
Old 04 April 2016, 06:50 PM
palma0778
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
It is a Prodrive style Bug, which is purely a cosmetic exercise so no certificate for engine mods. The engine looks pretty standard apart from the air filter, the wheels are non standard (the Prodrive Bug came with the standard 17" gold Sti wheels) and there are a few non standard badges and decals but otherwise it looks ok. Obviously a personal visit required to check rust etc, but Prodrive Bugs in good nick seem to command better prices than the normal Bug.
And a massive dump valve pssssssssssss😂😂😂😂😄
Old 07 April 2016, 12:26 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

This is rusty from the inside on the rear arches so be warned
Old 07 April 2016, 04:50 PM
palma0778
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by forgedmarco
This is rusty from the inside on the rear arches so be warned
Did u look this yourself?I was thinking about go and view this myself but looks like been sold on ebay now.
Old 07 April 2016, 05:47 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by palma0778
Did u look this yourself?I was thinking about go and view this myself but looks like been sold on ebay now.
I got pictures from the seller, I had to ask a few times before I got them though.