blobeye spec c ra

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2016, 01:00 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blobeye spec c ra

Hi All

Was wondering, could you use the spec c ra as an everyday car, read from somewhere they are a bit "hardcore" and pain to use daily due to less comforts.
Old 29 March 2016, 04:22 PM
Delwrx25
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby k
Hi All

Was wondering, could you use the spec c ra as an everyday car, read from somewhere they are a bit "hardcore" and pain to use daily due to less comforts.
Drive mine every day and love it mate a tad louder on motorway journeys but I don't even notice anymore mine is a blob RA though don't know what the classic is like
Old 29 March 2016, 05:24 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Spec C is hard to live with as a daily driver, it is to raw to live with on a daily basis.

mine was a weekend car.
Old 29 March 2016, 06:15 PM
scoobiepaul
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can only comment on a Spec C limited T25 ( has aircon and electric windows and mirrors ) as already mentioned the noise levels are higher and every stone can be heard hitting the underside/ inner wings. My car has coilovers and they are not the best of fun on pot holed roads, think I can decribe mine as a road legal oversize go-cart. I don't think I could do 100-150 miles a day in mine.
Old 29 March 2016, 07:10 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Delwrx25
Drive mine every day and love it mate a tad louder on motorway journeys but I don't even notice anymore mine is a blob RA though don't know what the classic is like
They come without the standard speakers don't they.

If I were to install some, won't they make the car more easier to live with on comutes although I know this is defeating the object of the weight reduction.
Old 29 March 2016, 07:16 PM
Delwrx25
Scooby Regular

They come without the standard speakers don't they.

If I were to install some, won't they make the car more easier to live with on comutes although I know this is defeating the object of the weight reduction.
To behonest I don't really listen to the radio mines on oem adjustable shocks has aircon central locking etc and full decat I don't do a lot of miles in a day..though my exhaust drowns out every thing else I think lol ,, sounds awesome though
Old 29 March 2016, 07:38 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Lightweights the lot of you...2 different spec-c's over 5 years still can't wait to drive it...yes it can be a little noisier but let's face it a lot of people put mahoosive exhausts on a UK car so not much difference if you ask me

Last edited by The Pink Ninja; 29 March 2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 29 March 2016, 08:19 PM
Delwrx25
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja
Lightweights the lot of you...2 different spec-c's over 5 years still can't wait to drive it...yes it can be a little noisier but let's face it a lot of people put mahoosive exhausts on a UK car so not much difference if you ask me
Lol not me mate my cars the lightweight and I wouldn't own another kinda scoob again 😁
Old 30 March 2016, 12:14 PM
Chigreen
Scooby Newbie

Other than what has been mentioned with regards to the increased road noise and hearing ever single stone hit your car (which is painful in a different way) mine is fine to live with.
Obviously you have to accept that you are driving a performance car, so if you are expecting a rolling arm chair for your daily then you are going to have a shock, but it is no more hardcore than any other performance car I have owned that is setup for fast road use and has the suspension to suit it.
The car of course begs to be driven hard and you can just feel it wanting to go, but that is more a self control issue than anything else...
Old 30 March 2016, 01:12 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

lol

felt no diffrence in any of my scoobs, be it widetrack, bug, spec c

the spec c was actually quiter to drive due to the twinscroll
Old 30 March 2016, 06:06 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cuprajake
lol

felt no diffrence in any of my scoobs, be it widetrack, bug, spec c

the spec c was actually quiter to drive due to the twinscroll
You can't hear the turbo spool.
Old 30 March 2016, 06:15 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Quieter until it his boost...then Rooaaaarrrrr!!
Old 31 March 2016, 09:29 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Hey all

Just scene this spec c at this dealer, does it seem like a good deal. Don't know how much spec c's go for to be honest but as summer is approaching, just want to get a car.

http://http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201602010602380/sort/atcustom/postcode/sl30bh/radius/100/make/subaru/model/impreza/price-to/17000/page/1/usedcars"]
Old 31 March 2016, 09:38 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

The downside to the spec c's if that if you dont have a baffled center section it can drone on longer trips like motorways, and watching the fuel gauge drop after the first 10 miles is always a frightener

They are noiser and that can lead to them being more tiring to drive due to needing more concentration, still one of the most fun cars ive ever owned though
Old 31 March 2016, 11:45 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
The downside to the spec c's if that if you dont have a baffled center section it can drone on longer trips like motorways, and watching the fuel gauge drop after the first 10 miles is always a frightener

They are noiser and that can lead to them being more tiring to drive due to needing more concentration, still one of the most fun cars ive ever owned though
Driving isn't a problem as I only do loads of town driving. Also why are they so bad on fuel compared to the standard sti engine, I though they just had a lighter body.
Old 01 April 2016, 02:54 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Driving isn't a problem as I only do loads of town driving. Also why are they so bad on fuel compared to the standard sti engine, I though they just had a lighter body.
50ltr fuel tank v 60ltr, so you see it move more quickly than you would normally
Old 01 April 2016, 12:39 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

just spoke to David Hendry cars, he said the isn't mapped for UK fuel as it doesn't need it. I got a feeling this information isn't correct, could this damage the engines if not been mapped for our fuel.
Old 01 April 2016, 01:37 PM
lunar tick
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use a Spec C RA (Hawk) as a regular (but not daily) driver. This week I've had family to stay and we've been all over Northumberland in it. Yes, it's raw and there's noticeably more road noise but nobody commented that it was uncomfortable or too noisy. It does run a quiet exhaust however. I've also doen long road trips in it to Suffolk (300 miles each way) and while it's not a luxury cruiser, I found it quite acceptable. Regarding UK fuel, I think I'd be reluctant to buy a JDM car that's been run on UK fuel unmapped for any length of time...
Old 01 April 2016, 02:30 PM
fumbduck
Scooby Regular

How do owners find the ride if on the stock suspension ?
My reason for asking is that my WRX has by the previous owner been lowered and i'm finding the ride harsh to say the least , almost no give at all tbh even over small humps and bumps . Having just purchased a full Spec C set up I'm now wondering if there would be much difference in ride quality between them ? .
Old 01 April 2016, 03:34 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lunar tick
I use a Spec C RA (Hawk) as a regular (but not daily) driver. This week I've had family to stay and we've been all over Northumberland in it. Yes, it's raw and there's noticeably more road noise but nobody commented that it was uncomfortable or too noisy. It does run a quiet exhaust however. I've also doen long road trips in it to Suffolk (300 miles each way) and while it's not a luxury cruiser, I found it quite acceptable. Regarding UK fuel, I think I'd be reluctant to buy a JDM car that's been run on UK fuel unmapped for any length of time...
That's the worrying thing, he said the fuel adjust itself so should be OK but sounds like BS to me.
Old 01 April 2016, 04:01 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

That's the worrying thing, he said the fuel adjust itself so should be OK but sounds like BS to me.
I ran my first MY03 Spec C on UK fuel (Optimax as it was back then) and octane booster without a remap, but also had a knock link, that ran OK but I took all the precautions I could, just on UK fuel alone.... no, wouldnt even want to try it.
Old 01 April 2016, 06:43 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
I ran my first MY03 Spec C on UK fuel (Optimax as it was back then) and octane booster without a remap, but also had a knock link, that ran OK but I took all the precautions I could, just on UK fuel alone.... no, wouldnt even want to try it.
This is the annoying thing with trying to find a good example and than you get these dealings trying to blag it, no fuel map required.

What's the average price to get a fuel map and is there anything involved.
Old 01 April 2016, 09:10 PM
markspecc
Scooby Regular

Hey all

Just scene this spec c at this dealer, does it seem like a good deal. Don't know how much spec c's go for to be honest but as summer is approaching, just want to get a car.

http://http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201602010602380/sort/atcustom/postcode/sl30bh/radius/100/make/subaru/model/impreza/price-to/17000/page/1/usedcars"]
Link doesn't seem to work for me but if this is the spec c type RA at David hendry cars I would be careful. I'm quite sure it was only a grade 2 at auction in Japan.
Old 01 April 2016, 10:07 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markspecc
Link doesn't seem to work for me but if this is the spec c type RA at David hendry cars I would be careful. I'm quite sure it was only a grade 2 at auction in Japan.
Yh it is that car, how do you know it is a grade 2.
Old 03 April 2016, 12:14 PM
markspecc
Scooby Regular

Yh it is that car, how do you know it is a grade 2.
You can see the cars going through auction on sites such as Japan Partner and Brave Auto. I remember this car going thru and I'm 99% sure it is the same car.
It was over 3 months ago so can't access the auction sheet anymore.
Old 03 April 2016, 10:41 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markspecc
You can see the cars going through auction on sites such as Japan Partner and Brave Auto. I remember this car going thru and I'm 99% sure it is the same car.
It was over 3 months ago so can't access the auction sheet anymore.
Cheers for the tip dude, you saved me facing a problem.