API Engines

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2015, 04:16 PM
alfie1942
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default API Engines

Hi
API Engines have moved just recently. Has anyone got their new address or phone number I cannot get any response on the present number and they have my Scooby!
Thanks
Old 05 December 2015, 08:56 AM
seaking22b
Scooby Regular

Have you tried Directory enquiries?
Old 05 December 2015, 10:03 AM
Lunchmoney
Scooby Regular

Or stalkerbook?
Old 05 December 2015, 07:12 PM
mudsplat2000
Scooby Regular

I heard from Simon about 2 weeks ago saying they are moving as we speak, tbh they have had my car for over 3 months and over all that time I've sent tons of emails and rang lots and only spoke to someone a couple of times :/ if it wasn't for the face they are/were a well established company I'd be worried lol
Old 07 December 2015, 06:59 AM
Wouldie
Scooby Regular

01926 614333 but dont expect anyone to answer. Rang 4-5 times a day for the whole of last week without reply. They maybe good but customet service is very poor. Could at least leave a message on answer phone.
Old 07 December 2015, 07:35 AM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think the phone has been down from what I hear !!
Old 07 December 2015, 04:31 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

So they have people's cars, pack up and move premises, move said cars and don't contact any of the customers.......

Quality business is that.
Old 07 December 2015, 05:12 PM
Gsi Jay
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
So they have people's cars, pack up and move premises, move said cars and don't contact any of the customers.......

Quality business is that.
Totally agree with this, i'd be pretty peed off if they had my car and just upped and moved premises without informing me, alarm bells would be ringing, good reputation or not.
Old 07 December 2015, 05:15 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Has to be said it's one of the companies i used to say i would use (there ain't many) i wouldn't touch em with a barge pole now
Old 07 December 2015, 06:19 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Such a shame companies don't realise how important communication is to customers, especially customers that are trusting you with their pride and joy.

I'm sure there are reasons, but they won't be good enough to behave like this.
Old 07 December 2015, 06:23 PM
K3ogh_sti
Scooby Regular

Had my car for weeks...... lied to me about current state of car etc, and in my eyes wrongly diagnosed it..... wouldn't go back
Old 07 December 2015, 06:54 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

It's just ARROGANCE and bad attitude that should not be tolerated to be honest, respect is earned through time and effort but only takes these type of comments and actions to totally kill it and before you know it its just another dead end garage as most these type end up unfortunately
Old 07 December 2015, 07:10 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Thought David was supposed to be the bollix ... Pmsl.
Old 07 December 2015, 07:20 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rooferman
Thought David was supposed to be the bollix ... Pmsl.
David left, but to be fair they weren't any good when he was there either....
Old 07 December 2015, 07:32 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Couldn't stand the big headed **** anyhow
Old 08 December 2015, 03:23 AM
rob ellard
Scooby Regular

Nice one MattyB !!... Im not going to comment about David, but maybe you could let me know why API weren't any good?!!
Old 08 December 2015, 08:34 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rob ellard
Nice one MattyB !!... Im not going to comment about David, but maybe you could let me know why API weren't any good?!!
We could be here some time
Old 08 December 2015, 09:31 AM
mudsplat2000
Scooby Regular

anyone else in the same boat as me? I took the car to API 31st July and only got the first call from them 2 weeks ago to say the pistons have arrived and it should have been done last weekend? ive tried calling them too numerous times over the ..... 4-5months and rarely get an answer
Old 08 December 2015, 01:57 PM
Wouldie
Scooby Regular

All l can say is that l took my car in exactly 5 weeks ago for gearbox work and received a call 2wks later to tell me that work on the car would be starting in a couple of days ?????. Last l spoke to them was a week last Thursday and I was told the gearbox was being put in that day then tested and they'd let me know when it was sorted. After calling all last week and the start of this week without reply l must admit that the thought of wrong doing had crossed my mind. However the mechanic who normally works on my car but is honest enough to admit if he hasn't the expertise or tools to do the job, was recommended Api by RMC. Having said that reading some of the comments on this thread don't fill me full of confidence on any level.
Old 08 December 2015, 02:04 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Time to activate trackers lads
Old 08 December 2015, 02:39 PM
spudboytim
Scooby Regular

Can't stand firms with ****e customer service! Just pick up the phone to customers and let them know what's going on!!! It's costs **** all but makes a huge difference!! Its Very simple!!!!
Old 08 December 2015, 03:40 PM
Wouldie
Scooby Regular

And as if by magic l get a call and the cars ready to collect. Been having problems with phone line during the move. To be honest its a different number from the one l've been ringing, so try 01926 632155. Happy days.
Old 08 December 2015, 03:44 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Wouldie
And as if by magic l get a call and the cars ready to collect. Been having problems with phone line during the move. To be honest its a different number from the one l've been ringing, so try 01926 632155. Happy days.
Question is would you recommend to others
Old 08 December 2015, 04:42 PM
Wouldie
Scooby Regular

Good question. If the works good l'll be happy but the customer service needs a brush up. Whenever l've read anything on API on here its mainly been good. Don't they say good things are worth waiting for lol
Old 08 December 2015, 05:31 PM
MightyArsenal
Scooby Regular

took me 19 weeks to get mine back from an engine build there, was quoted 4-6 weeks. work seems decent enough but only time will tell. in that time i must of had 6 phone calls, i was constantly emailing and ringing but no replies. got around 12 weeks in and told the car was ready for a map until 'it didnt sound right' as they told me, they said there was a manufacturing fault with a piston so the engine had to be re done. either this is true and good workmanship or they were just lying to buy time for themselves, either way i would hesitate to use them again, only problem being they know the engine now and im gunna have to go through everything with someone else when further work gets done.
Old 09 December 2015, 09:28 AM
spudboytim
Scooby Regular

People would have a lot more respect and patience if they had just called the customers, phone line or not and let them know what was going on with their car's/move of property etc. I'm sure someone had a mobile phone if the landline was down so no excuses.
Just be straight and upfront with people, nothing winds me up more that crap customer services/communication. Like I said in a earlier post it costs nxt to nothing but makes all the difference when ur providing a service!

I had dealings with David before all this and found him very knowledgeable and helpful so hopefully they can get back on track and sort things out!

Tim.
Old 09 December 2015, 09:33 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Even a quick thread telling people they were in the process of moving to new premises and could be contacted on . . . and the new address is . . .
Old 11 December 2015, 04:06 PM
tomk86
Scooby Regular

i think API are a great company and were very decent to me - especially when i went bankrupt and had to pay for 5k worth of work in installments.

they have just had a big move with alot to sort out - granted they should have been more forthcoming with their contacts but hey ho they will get there we all make mistakes.

Please dont lynch me for sticking up for them but Simon is a bloody nice bloke and their work on my car was outstanding.
Old 11 December 2015, 08:34 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tomk86
i think API are a great company and were very decent to me - especially when i went bankrupt and had to pay for 5k worth of work in installments.

they have just had a big move with alot to sort out - granted they should have been more forthcoming with their contacts but hey ho they will get there we all make mistakes.

Please dont lynch me for sticking up for them but Simon is a bloody nice bloke and their work on my car was outstanding.
Ill second that, i know simon through his brother, who i know very well, ive sat in my house with simon drinking a cuppa and having numerous chats with him about my scooby, it was for this reason i gave my engine to him to rebuild, hes a descent guy and hes certainly not the type that will screw anybody over, tbh he dosent need to, hes doing alright for himself
Old 12 December 2015, 03:17 PM
alfie1942
Scooby Newbie

Default Update on API Engines

Hi,
Thanks for all the responses - never thought my simple question would generate so much "interest"!

I have to agree that moving without letting people know what was going on is not smart, especially as there website went down at the same time! The website is back up but has the old info.

I live too far away to go and check on the status of my car but I do have their new address:
Marton Road, Long Itchington, Warwickshire CV47 9PZ

I think the phone number quoted above -01926 632 155 is correct.

For the record David O'Brien (according to their latest filing) still owns about 24% of the shares in the company though I don't know if he is still actively involved. The rest are owned by Simon Bryant and Robert Ellard (?)

Obviously as this is my first encounter with APi I reserve judgement on them till the job is done. They do come well recommended I hope their engine work is better that their communications - although when I have been able to speak to him Simon sounds a genuine guy.

Quick Reply: API Engines