Thinking of getting an Impreza ?? advice

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2015, 05:30 AM
Fitz2282
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting an Impreza ?? advice

Hi all,

Like title says am thinking of getting a Subaru Impreza, have always had German cars vdubs golf gti's r32's, audi s3's, s4's and currently a bmw e46 325i msport coupe (was buying a house and look good but not much power, and cost a small fortune to get it), but have an urge to go jap for a while and always liked the blobeye Impreza, probably because of the wrc tarmac spec rally cars, but a bit of advice really think i'll go for a jdm car (didn't even knew what that meant last week !! had to Google it) even though extra insurance costs, but how easy is it to swap the clocks to mph from kph, what's the indicator stalks all about can they be easily swapped to euro spec, would probably be washing my windows instead of indicating !! and also the rear fog light don't really want a lamp hanging off the back can this be retro fitted to euro spec using uk rear light cluster and switches

Mod's probably keep it fairly standard maybe a remap but would drop it on coilovers and some nice wheels, these cars come with alot more than German cars regarding brakes etc

any help would be awesome

thanks in advance
Old 31 October 2015, 07:04 AM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the world of jap cars, the indicator stalks are the same side on all uk ones as are on jdm versions so you will just have to get used to it. It won't be much of an issue if you don't jump between driving the Subaru and a krout barge / work van / other half's car from one day to the next.
Old 31 October 2015, 07:07 AM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

oh and you don't swap clocks, you cover up the K so it reads m/h and a little mph converter gets fitted at import time. Usually a top speed de-restricter too I believe
Old 31 October 2015, 07:42 AM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fitz2282
also the rear fog light don't really want a lamp hanging off the back can this be retro fitted to euro spec using uk rear light cluster and switches
I did away with my after market rear fog by having my local auto electricians incorporate a rear fog bulb and the wiring into the uk cluster which i only bought due putting blobeye front and rear end onto my older bugeye subaru, i acquired later a uk oem rear fog switch but as yet have not installed it so still have an an after market rocker, not sure how tricky it'll be

Last edited by riiidaa; 31 October 2015 at 07:45 AM.
Old 31 October 2015, 11:51 AM
Fitz2282
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by riiidaa
oh and you don't swap clocks, you cover up the K so it reads m/h and a little mph converter gets fitted at import time. Usually a top speed de-restricter too I believe
Thanks for the info Riiidaa

I see thought it would be possible to swap fascia plate to UK spec and use converter also make it look legit, will that change current mileage and mpg gauge also ? Sorry if these questions are a bit daft.

With the indicator thing the wife has an old mx5 so that wouldn't be a problem just everything else I might drive