Sponsored by:

same handful of...

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2015, 09:18 PM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default same handful of...

posters thoroughly ruining SNet for others. This week has really been bad...a thread might start well enough but within a day or two it's no longer readable.
Old 16 October 2015, 09:21 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

teoiury h ;oi3c;oi iec88cbp klhhh; kdfs 'f nuieu uf' ln;lj

KHED;ILFn;jff'co#w c';owfekmokf po 'owf

KEHFH Kionciuni ;c'la';s#f;lk pf
Old 16 October 2015, 09:32 PM
FlatoutDave
Scooby Regular

And they all gang up. You can't have an opinion because if they don't like it they all turn on you. It's outrageous!
Old 16 October 2015, 09:37 PM
johnny subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Moderation would help...
Old 16 October 2015, 09:43 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same people spouting same bo11ocks about same debates
Old 16 October 2015, 09:47 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

This is all you need to say to troll's....

.SJ.
Old 16 October 2015, 09:52 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I try to stay out of it, but when they are constantly making references to me on various threads over the past couple of weeks, there comes a point when I feel the need to at least hold my corner.

Strange how as soon as a certain poster rears his head, they all start up again.

As for mods, well I have tried to get them to have a word but it seems to fall on deaf ears, which is why I didn't renew my subscription and refrain from posting quite as much.

So I guess the trolls are wining and the site will continue to lose people that actually contribute something interesting to it.
Old 16 October 2015, 09:54 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

It's a public forum,as I said to a member the other day..."try not to take other members opinions to heart".Troll's are always on the look out for free argument and they eat it up with Glee.SJ.
Old 16 October 2015, 09:58 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

But I also agree moderation needs to be stronger for known trouble makers **** stirrers etc...SJ.
Old 16 October 2015, 10:01 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

some of the trolls have good knowledge, but lower themselves and then the hangers on join in
Old 16 October 2015, 10:02 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
But I also agree moderation needs to be stronger for known trouble makers **** stirrers etc...SJ.
Old 16 October 2015, 11:47 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know, the place has become full of WRX heroes and SIOC 'thrashers'...needs sorting out.
Old 17 October 2015, 06:07 AM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trinity
I know, the place has become full of WRX heroes and SIOC 'thrashers'...needs sorting out.
The sort of **** the o.p was on about. Trinity you are not funny or have anything valuable to offer cause you know very little hence you never post in sections like engine managment etc. You really do make yourself look a tool. Your just a sad losser fact.
Old 17 October 2015, 06:27 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

^^^ i couldnt agree more....this d1ckhead (trinity) takes the p1ssout of disabled people ffs...
Old 17 October 2015, 06:30 AM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The forum is defo not what it use to be. Even over at 22B the infection has spread, Hence why I have limited my time spent on here, simply just ignore anything negative & move on. Be the better person..

However I have to admit, over the years I have met some sound enthusiasts and don't regret that a bit

Kas
Old 17 October 2015, 08:07 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Help me to help you guys, report the posts; I've just dealt with two users that were generating a number RTMs (report to moderator: done by clicking the exclamation mark icon under the username on the offending post). Even now very very little is reported which means we're even less likely to look into it.

Of recent I've come across threads where remarks are being made on previous arguments that have gone on in other threads, so without the background info on "who started it" my hands are tied with only dealing with what's current rather than historic.

Anyway; Can anyone tell me without stirring an argument what is the deal with all this WRX is better than STi crap that's constantly being thrown round here recently and polluting threads.

There's too much in too many threads to wade through to work it out, but I have a short list of users responsible, what I need is reported posts from you guys to back that up and confirm that I have listed the right people that need dealing with. So I need your help on this.

I may as well say this now...,can we knock this WRX vs STi and SIOC stuff on the head? It's ruining unrelated threads, and even if you didn't start it, by joining in on the bandwagon I may end up banning you.

Last edited by ALi-B; 17 October 2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 17 October 2015, 08:59 AM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatoutDave
And they all gang up. You can't have an opinion because if they don't like it they all turn on you. It's outrageous!
Opinion is fine but you could have derailed my for sale thread saying it was cat d and was worth 6k 12 months ago

Last edited by peter zippy reid; 17 October 2015 at 09:02 AM.
Old 17 October 2015, 09:35 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Help me to help you guys, report the posts; I've just dealt with two users that were generating a number RTMs (report to moderator: done by clicking the exclamation mark icon under the username on the offending post). Even now very very little is reported which means we're even less likely to look into it.

Of recent I've come across threads where remarks are being made on previous arguments that have gone on in other threads, so without the background info on "who started it" my hands are tied with only dealing with what's current rather than historic.

Anyway; Can anyone tell me without stirring an argument what is the deal with all this WRX is better than STi crap that's constantly being thrown round here recently and polluting threads.

There's too much in too many threads to wade through to work it out, but I have a short list of users responsible, what I need is reported posts from you guys to back that up and confirm that I have listed the right people that need dealing with. So I need your help on this.

I may as well say this now...,can we knock this WRX vs STi and SIOC stuff on the head? It's ruining unrelated threads, and even if you didn't start it, by joining in on the bandwagon I may end up banning you.
The man has spoken,you can't get fairer then thatHelp him to help You,Us,for forum constructiveness i.e... happiness.SJ.
Old 17 October 2015, 10:05 AM
fat-thomas
BANNED

ill offer my perspective being a PAID member of scoobynet and an owner for many many years.

firstly its a forum thats based on peoples opinions and i formed my opinion of the wrx or sti based on actually having both models so if people ask for advice on the models i offer it on my experiences.

now ditchy's issue is he is partly a troll,now and then he baits a few members like myself for a reaction and when he gets it he runs off crying to the mods or tries to take the moral high ground like above, what he really dislikes is myself and a fair few other members have been on here a long time and recognize he is just a fantasist and point out some of his tall stories and how they dont add up,this is when he claims he is being ganged up on when none of the members even know each other to my knowledge.
heres is an example of what scoobynet thinks of the great one and the first comment about his tall stories was not started by any of the people he claims gang up on him.
https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ocal-nick.html

Trinity crosses the line far too much into personal abuse which is too much but that's down to him and the mods.

matt rs is also an obvious troll but at least he is funny and his stories amusing.

people are entitled to call me what they want but members on here a long time can see i have a pretty good knowledge of the marque based on experience over a number of years.

to sum it up its the internet ffs!

Last edited by fat-thomas; 17 October 2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 17 October 2015, 10:12 AM
fat-thomas
BANNED

ali here is a solution for you.

the membership is dwindling, i'd say this is due to the marque dying and facebook and no other reason.

perhaps open up fightclub to all members as this used to keep most of the crap out of the main section.
Old 17 October 2015, 11:08 AM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Well I try to stay out of it, but when they are constantly making references to me on various threads over the past couple of weeks, there comes a point when I feel the need to at least hold my corner.

Strange how as soon as a certain poster rears his head, they all start up again.

As for mods, well I have tried to get them to have a word but it seems to fall on deaf ears, which is why I didn't renew my subscription and refrain from posting quite as much.

So I guess the trolls are wining and the site will continue to lose people that actually contribute something interesting to it.
You are such a ******* hypocrite.!

My linked thread highlights you in all your glory.....First of all pis*ing over some ones thread then telling the world how great you are.

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...nt-subaru.html

Last edited by jayallen; 17 October 2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 17 October 2015, 11:31 AM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

op 346 posts and moaning BEHAVE, you do have a point though everytime some poor newby asks for advice on here a set few take the p1ss everytime, as for the spelling police don't get me started, mods need to define trolling properly and ban the few pro's on here
Old 17 October 2015, 11:35 AM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by madscoob
op 346 posts and moaning BEHAVE, you do have a point though everytime some poor newby asks for advice on here a set few take the p1ss everytime, as for the spelling police don't get me started, mods need to define trolling properly and ban the few pro's on here
Nobody mentioned above is a genuine troll
ALL the members have or have had an impreza.

They just have differing views.
Old 17 October 2015, 12:20 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i know what you mean thomas i was on about the ***** who post ****e just for the fun of it on threads that are meaningfull, some have taken trolling to a artform i mean who the fvck in their right mind posts on a subaru form when they have bought a new car (other make) have moved on but come on here just to take the p1ss and post on nsr for the fun of it, as for fight club being free OH YES PLEASE BRING IT ON there are a few rich d1cks on here who need tearing a new keyboard/****
Old 17 October 2015, 12:31 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by madscoob
i know what you mean thomas i was on about the ***** who post ****e just for the fun of it on threads that are meaningfull, some have taken trolling to a artform i mean who the fvck in their right mind posts on a subaru form when they have bought a new car (other make) have moved on but come on here just to take the p1ss and post on nsr for the fun of it, as for fight club being free OH YES PLEASE BRING IT ON there are a few rich d1cks on here who need tearing a new keyboard/****
Just because people have moved on I don't think they should not post.
This is where the knowledge comes from, people that have been there and done it.
Take the endless wrx v sti debate.
Most of the people that recommended the sti have had both models and now have neither.
But are offering the correct advice based on real world experience is what forums are about.
As long as you realise it's just one persons opinion but it's better to have that opinion based on someone who has done it and moved on as the opinion is then more likely to be unbiased.

Bring on fight club
Old 17 October 2015, 06:16 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Seems some of the main idiots no names mentioned been banned. Well done mods lets hope things clear up abit and we all play nice.
Old 17 October 2015, 07:23 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

never had any issues on any of my threads
Old 17 October 2015, 07:37 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Theres non of this rubbish over on 22b
Old 17 October 2015, 07:38 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Such is life there's always one arsehole trying to spoil it for others,maybe they never got enough attention when they were a child .........
Old 17 October 2015, 08:25 PM
GH80
Scooby Regular

Old school trolls made me laugh, maybe rose tinted specs on but the new "trolls" we have on the internet seem to be idiots that have to be offensive to get a bite, or off spouting on memorial pages and such.

Quick Reply: same handful of...