Sponsored by:

advice/ help on selling type r

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2015, 10:06 PM
Rbon91
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default advice/ help on selling type r

As above really struggling to sell this and advise or help would be great thanks

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/1025906-v5-type-r-rolling-shell-with-sw-cage-for-sale.html
Old 17 July 2015, 08:15 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's a narrow market for something like this, so you're either going to have to sell it stupid cheap or hang on in there and wait for someone that appreciates the work and expense that's gone into it.

£4.5k is a lot of money for a rolling shell, especially if the buyer hasn't got the skills to do the rest of the work required to finish it.

Personally I still think you should finish it or tuck it up rather than let it go for peanuts.
Old 17 July 2015, 09:37 AM
ZaKv1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
It's a narrow market for something like this, so you're either going to have to sell it stupid cheap or hang on in there and wait for someone that appreciates the work and expense that's gone into it.

£4.5k is a lot of money for a rolling shell, especially if the buyer hasn't got the skills to do the rest of the work required to finish it.

Personally I still think you should finish it or tuck it up rather than let it go for peanuts.

^^^ good advice

my mate was looking for a R after he been in mine..

I showed him yours

he said " its a good base for a project BUT needs a lot off time/money onit.. if it was sprayed and was running he would buy it and wouldn't mind paying 7-9k"

but as a rolling shell like ditch said "Personally I still think you should finish it or tuck it up rather than let it go for peanuts" << that's what I would do
Old 17 July 2015, 09:49 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

kinda expect this after the previous thread i had replied to. Is it worth 4.5k? possibly, will someone spend 4.5 k on a shell that needs painting, i highly doubt it.

Tbh i'd sell the other parts seperate and put then shell up for £1500-£2000 and see if it goes then
Old 17 July 2015, 01:37 PM
Rbon91
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tidgy
kinda expect this after the previous thread i had replied to. Is it worth 4.5k? possibly, will someone spend 4.5 k on a shell that needs painting, i highly doubt it.

Tbh i'd sell the other parts seperate and put then shell up for £1500-£2000 and see if it goes then
Yes may have to do that.. keep looking for a donor sti that has been written off to swap everything around

Ryan
Old 17 July 2015, 05:47 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to buy a Version 5 Type R rolling shell years ago, that had a Full 22B kit fitted unpainted, guy had it up on Ebay for £2200 and I offered £1800, he declined the offer and a month later he got in contact and asked if I wanted it for the £1800 I originally offered, I was prepared for the project, but once you add that the car needed picking up on either a trailer or flatbed(which I have no access to) thats more money you need to spend on either renting a trailer or getting someone you know to pick it up.

So your Type R at £4.5k and maybe renting a trailer and petrol/day out could end up costing near £5k to get it home, which is quite a large chunk of money for a rolling shell unpainted!!!
Old 17 July 2015, 08:54 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll be honest 4.5k is serious money, no disrespect intended but I think at 3-3.5k you would have a shot at selling
Old 17 July 2015, 09:28 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by joe v3sti
I'll be honest 4.5k is serious money, no disrespect intended but I think at 3-3.5k you would have a shot at selling
Agree with what you say Joe, Ryan TBH I paid a lot lot less for my fully prepared shell fully painted but then its a buyers market and I was at the right place at the right time and was after a shell, as has been said just hang out it might take a while but a buyer will be about, you could also try the rally forums or look on the good old bay for a damaged shell buy that and transfer everything off into your shell but then its horses for courses if you want to take the time to do it and if the return on the extra work is going to be there for you.