Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scooby Day - Track Day For Subarus Only!

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2015, 08:54 PM
Olu
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby Day - Track Day For Subarus Only!

Hey guys,

I'm putting on a project with my friend and fellow Subaru enthusiast, Tom.

Here's the pitch;
We're attempting to rent out Snetterton for the day for a Subaru only day, obviously this is very expensive but we've set up a crowd funding project to help achieve the goal.

We've spoken to Snetterton & a few Subaru dealers and are also posting around facebook.

This is my friends post:
Hey guys, looking at hosting a track day on 2nd of September at Snetterton for the first day I will be driving my RB5, instructor provided for free help to anyone who needs it. Any extra money will be going to the Richard Burns Foundation. I will be putting up a lot of my money to make this work.http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/scoobyday-2015
Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/scoobydayuk
So if you're down and can do it or are just interested please hit us up on the facebook page or the website.

Hopefully if this works it'll be a great day to meet other enthusiasts, see everyone's rides, grab a bargain from a breaker, race and just generally have an awesome day!

Let me know if you're down!

Thanks guys,
Oli

www.scoobyday.co.uk

Last edited by Olu; 10 June 2015 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10 June 2015, 09:52 PM
300gnspitzer
Scooby Regular

Don't do facebook mate and your other link's not working. definitely up for the track day.
Old 10 June 2015, 10:17 PM
Olu
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 300gnspitzer
Don't do facebook mate and your other link's not working. definitely up for the track day.
Updated link sorry: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/scoobyday-2015
We've also got a website under construction: www.scoobyday.co.uk
Old 12 June 2015, 08:53 PM
Gary Tractor boy
Scooby Regular

Have you posted this elsewhere as the local forums etc, most of the Norfolk and Suffolk lot use scoobycity.co.uk and the Cambridgeshire lot use sidc.co.uk forums. Good luck
Old 12 June 2015, 09:34 PM
stamina_daddy
Scooby Regular

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm up for this although I've never done a track day before.
What's the situation with kids aged 12 and 15 spectating etc.
And fuel etc.
Cheers
Old 13 June 2015, 07:51 PM
ScoobyDay
Scooby Newbie

Gary will be posting on a load of forums tonight.

Just clearing up some questions about Scoobyday.

Links:
Crowdfunding page(Where you buy tickets/support us): http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/scoobyday-2015
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/958765730841560/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/scoobydayuk

Why:
Personally it'll be my 21st birthday and the first day i drive my RB5 WR Sport. However I've not seen a day like this before and would truly love to get to know more of you. It's a great excuse to have a fun day tearing around on the track. It's also a way of raising some money for charity.

Where:
Snetterton

When:
2nd September

What type of day is it?:
Open pitlane, however will be changed to sessions if numbers get too large for open pitlane to be sustainable. There will be a message sent out if this is the case.

How many cars are allowed on the track?:
35 will be allowed on the track at one time, this is the limit set by Snetterton. Closer to the day I will publish polls to see if people want to lower the limit.

Why Snetterton?:
It's a great track and has two great straights (top speed in my sport of 105! Others were 120+) and a lot of corners, there's bits for every type of driver, throwing it all together means you get to really push what you can do as a driver. It's also a very long track meaning that if you're slower than other cars (As I was in my sport!) there's plenty of safe places for the faster cars to overtake without it being dangerous.

What is the price?:
Currently pricing is £199, this is comparable to other track days.

When is the money taken?:
The money will be taken on the day the crowdfunding ends. It is important to get as much done into the funding as soon as possible to prove to Snetterton that we can occupy the track for that day.

What will be done with money over the cost of the day?:
We will be donating any extra money to the Richard Burns Foundation.

How much money have you put into it?:
I have personally so far put in £225, I am also in the process of attempting to get sponsors for the event to try and contribute to the cost and hopefully make the day better for us all. If the day is short and within a reasonable amount I will happily pay another £500 to see it succeed.

What is the overall cost of a track day?:
I attended Snetterton last Sunday in my Subaru Impreza Sport, the day cost me £200 for the ticket, £10 in helmet hire, £90 in track day insurance (looking at trying to get a discount for scoobyday on trackday insurance) and £80 in fuel including getting and from the event. Tyres were still legal at the end of the day and nothing broke on my car. Fuel was also 2p a litre cheaper than at the petrol station so filled up my car fully before I left! Also I bought photos for £35 which we're trying to include photos for free as part of the day.

Are there any further costs that I may need to know?:
From a track and hire point of view there isn't. Helmet hire is included in the cost of the day. However you will need to be aware of keeping your car road legal, tyres may get worn heavily and parts on your car may break, so if anything goes wrong on your car it could cost you. However this is the same as any day to day driving. As you're driving quicker than on a normal road your fuel consumption is increases by a lot. (For some that means single digit miles per gallon!)

What are the noise restrictions?:
105db Static, 92db moving. These are among the highest for tracks in the UK, most cars will be fine passing this. At the last day I was at three Subaru's were there and passed fine, including a heavily modified Subaru.

Why this day over any other trackday?:
This day is for people with a passion for Subaru's, we have free advice being given by any instructor on how to improve your track driving. We're also looking to do this to raise money for charity instead of for profit. We're also trying to be as competitive with the cost as possible. (£45 cheaper than another trackday running on the same day with the same format)

Will there be photography?:
If we can get to the point of affording it above the cost absolutely. My dad has Photography kit but he'll be driving through the day (Sorry couldn't convince him not to!) however I'm sure I could get him to do a full group photo of the cars on the start/finish straight. (which we have full permission for over lunch). If we can afford a photographer all photos will be available free of charge and will be listed on the website after the event. (Was charged £35 for my photos at my last track day!)

Does it matter if it's my first track day?:
Not at all, this day is for going quick but safely. There will be no racing or timing at this event. This is the only way to assure that everyone can be as safe as possible.

Are only Subaru's allowed to attend?:
Not at all, anyone can attend but you must enjoy the make. One of my friends who is attending will be in their Audi, loves Subaru's and has owned plenty but life has made him get a sensible car and wants to experience the brilliant Subaru community again. (Evo's brought at own risk )

Hope this has answered your questions and convinced you some thought has been put into this. Just need to get people signed up for the day now!

Any other questions you may have or have any suggestions as to how we could improve the day please do let me know.
Old 13 June 2015, 09:14 PM
Gary Tractor boy
Scooby Regular

just a suggestion, any thoughts on doing a price for a half day or 30min sessions?

Some people including me would love to get out on track but not for the full day due to wear and tear on the car but would happily go on for 2 30min sessions or a half day.

Also if you did 30min sessions it would allow drivers who have never been on track before to give it a go.

Old 13 June 2015, 10:36 PM
ScoobyDay
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Gary Tractor boy
just a suggestion, any thoughts on doing a price for a half day or 30min sessions?

Some people including me would love to get out on track but not for the full day due to wear and tear on the car but would happily go on for 2 30min sessions or a half day.

Also if you did 30min sessions it would allow drivers who have never been on track before to give it a go.

Sounds like a good idea, however what would be the best way to monitor it?
Old 13 June 2015, 11:39 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

35 impreza's on track at one time sounds a little scary. Especially when you consider the mind set of most impreza owners....lol....
Old 14 June 2015, 07:59 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
35 impreza's on track at one time sounds a little scary. Especially when you consider the mind set of most impreza owners....lol....
Also taking into account the Intelligence VS Power ratio of some owners who will attend.....!
Old 14 June 2015, 09:55 AM
ScoobyDay
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Also taking into account the Intelligence VS Power ratio of some owners who will attend.....!
Will be doing a poll slightly closer to the day so people can vote how many cars on the track they would like at once, the most popular option will be enforced.