Sponsored by:

pedders wagon

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2015, 10:36 PM
bronx
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pedders wagon

i have a bugeye wagon and fitted pedders suspension but found it to sit low on rear end just like to hear from anyone else who has fitted these and had any problems
Old 19 May 2015, 09:55 PM
ricodjs
Scooby Regular

Post Pedders wrecked my tyres!

Same issue,
Had Pedders fitted and they've made it run far too low at the rear, and have wrecked my brand new Goodyear Eagle F1s.
Pursuing compensatory measures as we speak, don't touch them.
While I was at the garage, another wagon that had exactly the same thing from fitting Pedders turned up.

Avoid like the plague!
R
Old 19 May 2015, 10:57 PM
Sad Weevil
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Could be fixed with these:
http://www.paranoidfabrications.com/...-impreza-hdpe/
Get Pedders to pay for them.
Old 20 May 2015, 08:19 AM
rovermb6
Scooby Regular

Were did you buy the pedders from? Im sure i read on another thread that pedders ez fit was not available for the wagon. Not only will it sit too low but also you will have positive camber which will negatively affect the handling.
It seems certain retailers are selling them as suitable for wagons when pedders themselves state they are not.
Old 20 May 2015, 08:37 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

http://www.pedders.co.uk/info-subaru-impreza

can;t see wagon listed on it so may well be that's the issue
Old 20 May 2015, 09:05 AM
Pedders01
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As can be seen in the description here: http://www.pedders.co.uk/subaru-impr..._p28563173.htm

We say that its not suitable for wagon. Clearly it will fit, but with the extra weight it will sit lower than the on a non-wagon.

So, yes, you can fit it, if you are happy with the rear ride height, and it will work fine. We say not suitable as from a ride height perspective it will be lower than the saloon.
Old 20 May 2015, 09:31 AM
Pedders01
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rovermb6
Were did you buy the pedders from? Im sure i read on another thread that pedders ez fit was not available for the wagon. Not only will it sit too low but also you will have positive camber which will negatively affect the handling.
It seems certain retailers are selling them as suitable for wagons when pedders themselves state they are not.
There are "work arounds" for the camber issue.
Old 20 May 2015, 10:03 AM
bronx
Scooby Newbie

Not gonna say we're I got them from as don't wanna go down that road ,but has surprised me if this is common problem on wagons ,and for ride height I didn't like it lower at the back like that ,and seemed to make front look up in the air ,nice to see there may be issues here and it's not me goin mad ,and if are issues perhap should be made a bit more clear
Old 20 May 2015, 10:10 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bronx
Not gonna say we're I got them from as don't wanna go down that road ,but has surprised me if this is common problem on wagons ,and for ride height I didn't like it lower at the back like that ,and seemed to make front look up in the air ,nice to see there may be issues here and it's not me goin mad ,and if are issues perhap should be made a bit more clear
It's pretty clear on the website, place that supplied them shouldn't have done. Go back to em and let them sort it out.
Old 20 May 2015, 10:47 AM
bronx
Scooby Newbie

They have I think in a way offered,but probably at cost to me,and its a few hrs drive away,some thing else I think May be another issue on this was wen trying the car out did find steering felt lighter than usual not sure,may be cos not drove it for while,but could that be if rear springs not giving the lift on back and hanging down would that not shift more weigh to rear talking slight weight off front ,so giving impression lighter steering ?or this not possible.which probably not right cos would have thought be dangerous and can't see them being fitted to wagons
Old 20 May 2015, 09:16 PM
bronx
Scooby Newbie

And as the comment about dealers selling them to wagon owners even thou pedders say not suitable does seem like they don't know ,so whose to blame lack of communication perhaps ?????
Old 20 May 2015, 09:22 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bronx
And as the comment about dealers selling them to wagon owners even thou pedders say not suitable does seem like they don't know ,so whose to blame lack of communication perhaps ?????
does say on their site not suitable for wagons, garage should know the products they sell.
Old 20 May 2015, 10:05 PM
bronx
Scooby Newbie

I agree 100 percent,but did do a bit more digging today and did mail someone else who stock pedders and asked about not being suitable ,and they didn't know and was going to make there own enquiries,and there a respectable company as well so it's not if it's back street garages
Old 20 May 2015, 10:29 PM
bronx
Scooby Newbie

And as the comment pedders made about the ride height ,yes it does lower the car more on a wagon than saloon on the rear ,that's the problem and why issues with wheel arches rubbing the tyres out
Old 21 May 2015, 12:41 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

On most shocks and springs combo from saloon you will have issue with ride height at back,as above has been posted,you will need at least at back fit those saggy butt spacers which can be bought for 25USD,if not then I would return them and get coilovers on which you can adjust the ride height,without this you will struggle with ride height adjustment

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Old 21 May 2015, 10:12 AM
2pot
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Or use pca dynamics wrx newage springs, which are made to fit the wagon, as well as the saloon.

I know it says wrx blob/hawk, but they do fit bug rear struts with the 921 spacer, and the blob/hawk top mounts.
Or, use blob wagon rear struts and the blob/hawk top mounts - no spacer required.

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...mited-run.html
Old 21 May 2015, 05:52 PM
bronx
Scooby Newbie

Well something good has come out of this ,the dealer who was stocking pedders and didn't know and made there own enquires got back to me today and said ,they know now unsuitable for wagon and now updating there website,big pat on the back to them,well done.
Old 23 May 2015, 10:26 PM
bronx
Scooby Newbie

Well I'm gonna close the door on this topic now so I can move on so thank u everyone for ur advice and comments.iv come to my on view on this ,
Did pedder do enough to make sure there dealers have right information,no I
thought would have been in there best interest to make sure the product being sold was suitable for there purpose.there negative attitude seemed to be its on our web site ,so they should known.
As for the dealer who sold me them and when I mailed them and said I had problems,replied we never had problems,who said not suitable ????? .did think I would have had a bit more interest ,but I'm guessing I was that pain in the **** who kept mailing u and it's a fitting problem,but at the end u did say to drive down several hundred miles and will sort it for u,and wasn't to sure if that was a offer or a large bill at end of it.
The only company who I mailed and took in on board and made there own enquiries and then updated there web site and mailed me to even say they had was Scoobyworld,obviously putting there customers first.
Old 24 May 2015, 12:54 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Being fair if you picked up the phone and spoke to them you may find out the dealer are willing to sort it, and re do the wheel alignment for any changes, but it seems to get lost in emails at times, when a phone call can clear things up.
Old 25 May 2015, 05:06 PM
bronx
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
Being fair if you picked up the phone and spoke to them you may find out the dealer are willing to sort it, and re do the wheel alignment for any changes, but it seems to get lost in emails at times, when a phone call can clear things up.
yes perhaps i agree sometimes emails do get lost and everything gets confusing ,i did think about ringing them but because the company didnt think theres any problems with this kit for wagons and is suitable i didnt think any point,and to be fair im the one out of pocket by hundreds of pounds so im gonna have the hump
Old 25 May 2015, 05:14 PM
2pot
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

As 'Sad Weevil' suggested; why don't you get the spacers? They're a very common solution on wagons.
How far do you need it lifting.
I think you have to change the top mounting stud lengths if you exceed 10mm?

Pedders are using the same strut kit for bug and blob/hawk.

So, I would think they'd be later model top hat?

http://www.paranoidfabrications.com/...za-04-07-hdpe/

Last edited by 2pot; 25 May 2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 26 May 2015, 12:03 PM
2pot
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Out of interest; what is the distance, from wheel centre to arch, front and rear?
Old 29 May 2015, 10:50 PM
bronx
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 2pot
Out of interest; what is the distance, from wheel centre to arch, front and rear?
Don't know now cos swapped the pedders for coilovers now and all sorted,but the front probably could stick my hand under ,but the rear my finger tips so the front was really high