Sponsored by:

Whys this still for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2015, 08:12 PM
huzzy1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whys this still for sale?

Been up a while, anybody been to look at it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-R-SUB...item19ff6183d2
Old 01 May 2015, 08:20 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 'cat c' will put about 99.9% of the tranks on here off it for a start
Old 01 May 2015, 08:21 PM
huzzy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
The 'cat c' will put about 99.9% of the tranks on here off it for a start
I missed that bit! That'll be why!
Old 01 May 2015, 08:22 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by huzzy1
I missed that bit! That'll be why!
Old 01 May 2015, 09:01 PM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The word 'brutal' put me off....!!
Old 01 May 2015, 10:35 PM
TypeR99
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that and the fact the seller sounds absolutely desperate to sell or even get anyone remotely interested are all reasons

The walnut dash, badly matching panels, wheels etc are others.
Old 01 May 2015, 11:05 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Cat c many years ago....

The younger the car was when it was cat c'd the worse the damage was... Presuming it was 10 years ago it happened, how much was the car worth when it was only 7 years old? Thats a LOT of damage it needed to sustain to cat c it.
Bare in mind insurance didnt repair so it was most likely lashed up by back street billy with numerous things not repaired.
Not saying this is definate but its usually the case...
Old 02 May 2015, 08:36 AM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

I had a CAT C Type R a few years ago and couldn't see any damage to it at all.

It had a different front bumper on it, so my guess was it had a light front end tap. Being a Jap bumper the Insurance company can't just import one over therefore they CAT C'd it as it wasn't economically repairable.
Old 02 May 2015, 09:20 AM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Barxy
Cat c many years ago....

The younger the car was when it was cat c'd the worse the damage was... Presuming it was 10 years ago it happened, how much was the car worth when it was only 7 years old? Thats a LOT of damage it needed to sustain to cat c it.
Bare in mind insurance didnt repair so it was most likely lashed up by back street billy with numerous things not repaired.
Not saying this is definate but its usually the case...

Every fecking thread that pops up with previously damaged you seem to sniff out.
Now go sit on the naughty step for ten mins and be quiet while you are there.
Cars are written off a piece of cake....the end.
The brutal advert is a bit of a put off though .....I was expecting the seller to be in West Yorkshire
Old 02 May 2015, 09:33 AM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Do it for a living mate, seen too many dodgy repaired cars that are not safe if it was to have another accident it wouldnt perform the same, why do you think the insurers write it off it in the first place !

Thatcham dont spent billions of pounds investment into crash investigation!
Old 02 May 2015, 09:34 AM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Btw theres nothing wrong with a previously damaged car if its been repaired properly.... But when people say 'previous cat c, only needed a bumper nother major, hire costs wrote the car off' thats a load of b*ll*cks.
Old 02 May 2015, 09:35 AM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by timmy2take
I had a CAT C Type R a few years ago and couldn't see any damage to it at all.

It had a different front bumper on it, so my guess was it had a light front end tap. Being a Jap bumper the Insurance company can't just import one over therefore they CAT C'd it as it wasn't economically repairable.
Why couldnt the insurers import one over? The bodyshop do all the legwork. We import parts all the time when we get import vehicles in, very rarely theres a problem.
Old 02 May 2015, 09:39 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

I would never buy a car off someone that

1. Makes an advert using text speak - e.g 'u'

2. Not able to use a spell check e.g 'Monstor'

3. Called 'Undernewmanagement' - lol, previous experience?

4. Cat C from 'many years ago' - definitely had a big smack

5. Prepared to deliver a car at 3am to Lands End - WE CAN DELIVER AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON BE IT DAY OR NIGHT!!

Last edited by Trinity; 02 May 2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02 May 2015, 09:58 AM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trinity

4. Cat C from 'many years ago' - definitely had a big smack

5. Prepared to deliver a car at 3am to Lands End - WE CAN DELIVER AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON BE IT DAY OR NIGHT!!

Careful!!! Dont mention that may have had a huge wallop or you'll be quickly shot down by donny audi and his crew !

And can you imagine the poor sod who buys it, gets it delivered, and it turns up with bad paintwork, full of filler, badly fitted panels and bashed out inner panels.... Id be telling them to turn back round
Old 02 May 2015, 10:16 AM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Why couldnt the insurers import one over? The bodyshop do all the legwork. We import parts all the time when we get import vehicles in, very rarely theres a problem.
Maybe some insurance companies do, although I doubt many will?

I'm fairly sure the Cat C Type R I had was just a little front end knock with no slam panel damage etc that I could see, or damage anywhere else. Hence I think my old one got classed as a CAT C just because of a bumper and the import costs/hassle of sourcing one from Japan.

Cat C may not be as bad as people think, although in this case I didn't bother looking at this when I was hunting due to lots of points already mentioned.
Old 02 May 2015, 01:42 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Careful!!! Dont mention that may have had a huge wallop or you'll be quickly shot down by donny audi and his crew !

And can you imagine the poor sod who buys it, gets it delivered, and it turns up with bad paintwork, full of filler, badly fitted panels and bashed out inner panels.... Id be telling them to turn back round
Grow up
My csl was put on a cat c for a bumper,headlight,wing,front leg and a fcuked alloy....not bad eh for a 30k car.
Stop banging on about every car that's on the list bodged up and full of filler.
Yep they are out there....all over West Yorkshire area btw.
A hell of a lot of the sports stuff get done right....and it's easy enough to spot a sh1tter.
Now be a good boy and go do another 10 mins on the naughty step.
Oh and if it's your 'trade'......do you bodge them back up or do them right?
Buying a previously damaged car is the only way some people can afford that certain car.
Old 02 May 2015, 01:50 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

True, I would never buy a car from West Yorkshire either, especially not Bradford and the surround areas.

I went to Bradford once, I will never ever go that place ever again. I felt dirty and it took months to feel clean again
Old 02 May 2015, 02:43 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
Grow up
My csl was put on a cat c for a bumper,headlight,wing,front leg and a fcuked alloy....not bad eh for a 30k car.
Stop banging on about every car that's on the list bodged up and full of filler.
Yep they are out there....all over West Yorkshire area btw.
A hell of a lot of the sports stuff get done right....and it's easy enough to spot a sh1tter.
Now be a good boy and go do another 10 mins on the naughty step.
Oh and if it's your 'trade'......do you bodge them back up or do them right?
Buying a previously damaged car is the only way some people can afford that certain car.
Yes of course, always bodge them right up, insurance companies love it when we bodge their cars

A £30k car thats been written off... do you realise how much damage that would have sustained or are you dilusional? "Just a bumper and wing mate"

Each to their own i guess
Old 02 May 2015, 02:54 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

I still don't like Bradford.
Old 02 May 2015, 02:56 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

I still don't like Bradford.
Coming from 'sarf London' I'd have thought you'd have felt right at home.
Old 02 May 2015, 02:58 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Coming from 'sarf London' I'd have thought you'd have felt right at home.
Don't get jealous now because I live in the centre of universe
Old 02 May 2015, 02:59 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Don't get jealous now because I live in the centre of universe
Barrow in Furness is no where near South London!
Old 02 May 2015, 03:01 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

No its not,thank god, you are correct on that.
Old 02 May 2015, 03:03 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Cumbrians may have two heads but Barrow in Furness is the centre of the universe.
Old 02 May 2015, 03:12 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

I am sure if we ask say someone from a different country to vote,..Barrow In Furness, would definitely not be in as the centre of the universe. London, however , most probably.

But they should build a wall at Watford. Game of Thrones style, you can have the Midlands, as that has no relevance to anyone or anything
Old 02 May 2015, 03:52 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

He's written the advert in CAPS, so **** him
Old 02 May 2015, 04:14 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Yes of course, always bodge them right up, insurance companies love it when we bodge their cars

A £30k car thats been written off... do you realise how much damage that would have sustained or are you dilusional? "Just a bumper and wing mate"

Each to their own i guess
Bare in mine it doesn't take much to write off a car these days from an insurance point of view.
They have to pay a lot more than the damage to repair a car, so one of the reasons it gets written off.

It wouldn't take much to write a Type R off, especially if the damage is to one of the rear quarters!

As long as the repair is good I see no problems with a Cat C, had a couple in my time.

Si
Old 02 May 2015, 04:35 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simb 2
Bare in mine it doesn't take much to write off a car these days from an insurance point of view.
They have to pay a lot more than the damage to repair a car, so one of the reasons it gets written off.

It wouldn't take much to write a Type R off, especially if the damage is to one of the rear quarters!

As long as the repair is good I see no problems with a Cat C, had a couple in my time.

Si
What is it that makes you think that? Its simply not true. The engineers who work for the insurers make the decision if its repaired or not which is purely done on value. They often don't get involved with anything hire car related unless theres a reason too, which there usually isnt.

There is the very rare odd occasional that other factors are taken into account, but 99.9% its purely decided on cost of repair and car market value.

Most people selling a previous total loss repaired vehicle will lead you to believe otherwise though of course, they are not going to tell the truth and say 'this car was badly damaged' are they.

Regarding accident damaged vehicles, there is nothing wrong with one thats been repaired to a high standard, but what you need to remember is to repair the vehicle to a high standard wrote the vehicle off, so most total loss cars that have been repaired have been done on the cheap.
Most cars ive seen that have been written off and then repaired have been done so cheaply by a backstreet garage, not a high quality bodyshop (as the cost would be too high obviously) and then the repairs usually stand out. If you can spot the repairs from the outside i dread to think what has been overlooked structurally.

Ive been on many courses over the years for my job and ive seen what happens to cars that are not repaired correctly, and trust me its not pretty and i would not want to be driving my family around in a car thats potentially unsafe.

But hey, just my 2 pence thats all, sorry if my opinion seems to really upset some people on here so much. Some people need to relax and realise this is only a forum.

Last edited by Barxy; 02 May 2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02 May 2015, 05:16 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

What is it that makes you think that? Its simply not true. The engineers who work for the insurers make the decision if its repaired or not which is purely done on value. They often don't get involved with anything hire car related unless theres a reason too, which there usually isnt.

There is the very rare odd occasional that other factors are taken into account, but 99.9% its purely decided on cost of repair and car market value.

Most people selling a previous total loss repaired vehicle will lead you to believe otherwise though of course, they are not going to tell the truth and say 'this car was badly damaged' are they.

Regarding accident damaged vehicles, there is nothing wrong with one thats been repaired to a high standard, but what you need to remember is to repair the vehicle to a high standard wrote the vehicle off, so most total loss cars that have been repaired have been done on the cheap.
Most cars ive seen that have been written off and then repaired have been done so cheaply by a backstreet garage, not a high quality bodyshop (as the cost would be too high obviously) and then the repairs usually stand out. If you can spot the repairs from the outside i dread to think what has been overlooked structurally.

Ive been on many courses over the years for my job and ive seen what happens to cars that are not repaired correctly, and trust me its not pretty and i would not want to be driving my family around in a car thats potentially unsafe.

But hey, just my 2 pence thats all, sorry if my opinion seems to really upset some people on here so much. Some people need to relax and realise this is only a forum.

"simb2" is an office manager of quite a famous insurance brokers. I think he may know a thing or two but don't let that put you off.
Old 02 May 2015, 05:24 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

In my 10 years of co-managing a very large insurance approved accident repair centre i can honestly say we hardly ever deal with brokers, as they dont normally have too much to do with the repairs, its normally passed onto the accident management company or the insurers directly who then deal with the bodyshop, not the broker. The brokers normally just deal with actually insuring a car or passing a claim on.

Not saying anyone doesnt know what they are talking about, but a 10 grand car doesnt get written off for minimal damage.
You can throw hire charges, recovery charges, storage charges or whatever you like into the mix, it still doesnt get written off easily unless its sustained heavy damage.

Last edited by Barxy; 02 May 2015 at 05:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Whys this still for sale?