Cheshire performance are spreading....oh dear

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2015, 12:19 AM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheshire performance are spreading....oh dear

http://www.cheshireperformance.co.uk/
Looks like all those overpriced imprezas have made them a pretty penny.
Old 19 April 2015, 12:39 AM
bluenose boy
Scooby Regular

Oh dear alright
I nipped in with a mechanic m8'couple of weeks back 10 mins was all we needed both accident damaged and blind man repaired.
Tires all flat and into the metal.
Scary thing was it was very busy with customers.
Old 19 April 2015, 12:45 AM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

It boggles my mind they are still going. I have noticed their Impreza stock seems to be dwindling and moving onto other makes,I'd love to know what other forums say about them...I'm guessing...bad

Last edited by chieftain333; 19 April 2015 at 12:46 AM.
Old 19 April 2015, 12:54 AM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

http://onlineprestige.ebaymp.co.uk/
That's the address of the new site.
They have even used the same introduction on the Cheshire performance page so it's the same company,knew they would change names at some point.

Last edited by chieftain333; 19 April 2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old 19 April 2015, 08:13 AM
johnny subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chieftain333
http://onlineprestige.ebaymp.co.uk/
That's the address of the new site.
They have even used the same introduction on the Cheshire performance page so it's the same company,knew they would change names at some point.
Maybe they have turned over a new leaf.?

"With our growing sports and performance range, our customers often travel from far and wide which is why we take great pride in always describing our vehicles accurately and honestly with the greatest amount of detail as possible. We put careful thought into our descriptions and avoid using wild exaggerations.

We do not believe in the hard sell, as the quality of our vehicles speak for themselves. Our success is based on being different from the stereotypical car sales business and we are confident that you will find our approach refreshing."

Old 19 April 2015, 08:19 AM
Zuber
Scooby Regular

Like a fake front on a cash machine!!
Old 19 April 2015, 09:17 AM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

lol look at the reviews
Old 19 April 2015, 09:42 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'different from the stereotypical car sales business'

Oh Lord, ain't that the truth
Old 19 April 2015, 11:08 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

All the reviews are written in exactly the same manner, same phrasing style.. , probably paid someone who could string a sentence together to write them all.

I doubt they have authorisation to use all those manufacturers logos either
Old 19 April 2015, 02:30 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Spreading like a bad dose of the pox .....
Old 19 April 2015, 05:44 PM
leeturbo2000
Scooby Regular

Literally 5 mins from my house, it says open February though but no details to the address. I'm going to go have a look round Romiley see if I can see it.
Old 19 April 2015, 07:57 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leeturbo2000
Literally 5 mins from my house, it says open February though but no details to the address. I'm going to go have a look round Romiley see if I can see it.
The address is on the 'contact us' section of their Cheshire performance page
Old 19 April 2015, 08:08 PM
leeturbo2000
Scooby Regular

Had a feeling it'd be on green lane tbh, going to take a look soon as wifey gets home.
Just had a look on Google maps it lists it but the street view is too old.
Old 19 April 2015, 08:59 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Whilst I understand they are selling poorly prepped stuff, you've got to think it's all the owners out there not looking after their cars! It says more for the owners of all these performance cars not looking after them. It's not like they are buying mint cars and fitting them with bald tyres, taking away their service history and damaging the bodywork.

99% of people just do not look after their cars!
Old 19 April 2015, 09:10 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

This is true BUT as a dealer they should sort any issues that deem the car to be unroadworthy. They buy the cars cheap because of these issues then stick them up at a premium and expect folk not to notice lol,they don't give a f##k which has been proved many a time.
Old 19 April 2015, 09:38 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

This is true BUT as a dealer they should sort any issues that deem the car to be unroadworthy. They buy the cars cheap because of these issues then stick them up at a premium and expect folk not to notice lol,they don't give a f##k which has been proved many a time.

Spot On .....
Old 20 April 2015, 03:13 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Old 20 April 2015, 09:12 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Spot on Andy. People go to a dealer for supposed peace of mind and comeback over potential issues. If these clowns were less greedy and more conscientious I'd wager they'd be more profitable and successful. A good review will get you perhaps another sale or two but a bad one will put off ten times that many.
Old 20 April 2015, 09:20 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Spot on Andy. People go to a dealer for supposed peace of mind and comeback over potential issues. If these clowns were less greedy and more conscientious I'd wager they'd be more profitable and successful. A good review will get you perhaps another sale or two but a bad one will put off ten times that many.
I agree, they obviously have some skills in presenting cars, yet they feel they are above the 'law' in what they do, and treat the very people who pay their wages terribly. I can only imagine how successful they would be if they gave a good service but like most criminals, the quick easy 'no matter who it screws over' buck is far easier than them putting in work and effort and creating a long term reputation of a good company by treating their customers with the respect they deserve in choosing them to part with their hard earned money.

Last edited by Trinity; 20 April 2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 20 April 2015, 12:41 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

Also have a look at the Google reviews,kind of easy to see which are the genuine reviews you can tell they've got half a brain cell between them "hmm we seem to have a few 1 star reviews let's make some up at 5 stars"...yeah lads that will throw people off the negativity
Old 20 April 2015, 12:48 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Also have a look at the Google reviews,kind of easy to see which are the genuine reviews you can tell they've got half a brain cell between them "hmm we seem to have a few 1 star reviews let's make some up at 5 stars"...yeah lads that will throw people off the negativity
Fortunately with the internet and forums they'll never truly cover their tracks. No matter how many times they change their name or move premises. As long as people continue showing them up for what they are they won't get away with it. Hopefully threads like this will always pop up and Google searches will show them. Unless of course they clear up their act, start trading like honest people and not charlatans and sell good motors. It's not rocket science but then as you say Andy they're not the sharpest tools in the shed!
Old 20 April 2015, 01:27 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Fortunately with the internet and forums they'll never truly cover their tracks. No matter how many times they change their name or move premises. As long as people continue showing them up for what they are they won't get away with it. Hopefully threads like this will always pop up and Google searches will show them. Unless of course they clear up their act, start trading like honest people and not charlatans and sell good motors. It's not rocket science but then as you say Andy they're not the sharpest tools in the shed!
The sad thing is if they are as bad as some say they are (and I have no first hand experience of them on which to judge myself) they are obviously fooling enough people as an unsuccessful business does not open new branches. I like to think that having bad reviews and the likes on the net would influence people's decisions over using them, but it obviously doesn't to any great degree.
Old 20 April 2015, 01:44 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

It's probably due to fact that people see the nice shiney pictures and get all giddy and go down without searching the dealer (I certainly did the giddy part). They also are not willing to fix problems and their warranty is as useful as a chocolate fireguard so in that respect they won't be out of pocket,it's very difficult to highlight the crapness of that place without getting one of those inflatable blimp thingys with an arrow pointing downwards saying 'avoid'. But as maz has rightly said..there will always be a trail on the net that points to bad reviews and negative threads.
Even though they have successfully got rid of a lot of bad press and threads their name will always be mud.

Last edited by chieftain333; 20 April 2015 at 01:45 PM.