Introduction - how is everyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2015, 06:28 AM
Allele
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction - how is everyone?

Hi there,

I am new to the forum, having recently bought myself a '03 GX sport Impreza and thought I'd pop a good ol' introduction on here. I've been mad on imprezas for years and now I finally have one and by gawd am am I super impressed, it's even better than I could imagine (though what do you expect coming from someone whose only ever owned a 1.25 LX Fiesta). I bought the GX model over the WRX mainly down to insurance costs. However the GX is living up to my hype and plan to have it for a long time.

Thought I'd get some idea's from people, what have they done with their impreza's. They kept them for years or just had them until they have been able to get a WRX?

In terms of mods where have people began? I was thinking about starting with some new wheels, mine are currently the stock 15" Alloys that came with the car. I was tempted with 17" though not sure whether 17" will go on the car? Not sure I am going to do anything for the first year as I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Anyway how is everyone?

Nick
Old 08 February 2015, 07:26 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi Nick and welcome to Scoobynet,there are some great guys and gals on the forum,you will always find someone to help you out when/if needed.
Get some pics of the car up when you can mate,it's always nice to see a new Scooby on the forum. And enjoy the ride,great cars aren't they

Rich
Old 08 February 2015, 08:53 AM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the site, personally I would enjoy the gx and change it for a wrx, when funds allows. You can pick up some 17" wrx alloys for your sport fairly cheap and it's a direct swap
Old 08 February 2015, 10:03 AM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

welcome fella! with the gx its all about looks so i would get some nice alloys (17" fit no problem) a nice sounding back box to get the scooby rumble and some nice interior touches. dont go mad and make it look like a halfrauds special just subtle things but dont go spending fortunes trying to make it something its not, save the money instead for a wrx which you WILL want soon enough lol.
Old 08 February 2015, 12:34 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

welcome buddy, as suggested i'd get some 17" second hand wrx wheels from the same era. Fit some decent tyres and enjoy it as it stands

doesn't the gx sport come with a wrx interior and body panels as standard (bar the bonnet)?
Old 09 February 2015, 12:28 AM
Allele
Scooby Newbie

thanks guys, definitely think getting the 17" will be the best idea and sunny the only difference i see at the moment is that I don't have the bonnect or spoiler, something I am also thinking of investing in eventually.

And Yabbadoo I agree I most likely will be wanting WRX fairly soon ha . Also what would you recommend as a good "nice sounding back box"

Last edited by Allele; 09 February 2015 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09 February 2015, 12:50 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome
Old 09 February 2015, 05:18 AM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to SNet
Old 09 February 2015, 01:21 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

If your looking for exhaust system for the sport let me know. I think to achive the Subaru burble you need the unequal length exhaust manifold, as i'm sure yours is equal length.

The cheapest way to increase power is change the complete system, unequal length manifold and sports cat and cat back system. But as has been said might be worth no buying parts are saving for WRX, but can you hold the inch off, I couldn't lol