Which Back Box / Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2015, 08:36 PM
Leo900
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Back Box / Exhaust?

Hey,

My impreza still has the standard stock exhaust and I now want to make the impreza that bit more louder but I'm not sure what to go for, or where the best place to even look is?

Can anyone recommend a good one to go for, I'm not that bothered about performance gains (although any would be a bonus), just as long as I don't lose any power by changing it.

Thanks
Old 05 February 2015, 09:11 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

NurSpec R or S
Afterburner Vortex
Cobra
H&S
RCM

all great sounding with some being louder than others such as the nurspec which is loud and the vortex, not as loud but still a great sound. de resonating and de catting will make it much louder aswell.. look in the usual for sale section, put an ad in the wanted section, look on ebay and such
Old 06 February 2015, 09:17 AM
d4nnyc
Scooby Regular

I swapped mine to a Scorpion back box and its only very slighty louder on idle and sounds better on acceleration. It is very similiar to the Prodrive and Hayward & Scott back box's with smaller diameter rolled exhaust tips.
I prefer these type of systems over the NurSpec and Vortex types as they are subtle and not droney, loud or offensive.
I bought mine second hand from here, lots on ebay too, they come up fairly often.
Old 06 February 2015, 09:30 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running a japspeed on my 535hp scoob. No restrictions and not stupid loud either. Better priced than the others too
Old 06 February 2015, 09:42 AM
Markfey
Scooby Regular

Give FB tuning a call. He's usually got some aftermarket ones in stock. Not too far from you either.
Old 06 February 2015, 10:00 AM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

STI genome (if you can find one)
Blitz Nur Spec epic sound but loud!!!
Tsl very good also, quiet Tick over but a roar up the revs

Martin

Last edited by M2RTXhawkeye; 20 February 2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06 February 2015, 11:44 AM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a Nur Spec and it was beyond loud, I loved it for a while but then it got too loud.

I changed it for a Ninja II and its spot on. Nice deep tone when idling and not crazy loud when driving normally, has a great roar when you put your foot down too.
Old 06 February 2015, 01:13 PM
G10
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo900
Hey,

My impreza still has the standard stock exhaust and I now want to make the impreza that bit more louder but I'm not sure what to go for, or where the best place to even look is?

Can anyone recommend a good one to go for, I'm not that bothered about performance gains (although any would be a bonus), just as long as I don't lose any power by changing it.

Thanks
If you only want one to be a bit louder, try keeping the standard back box and fitting a straight through center pipe/section. You'll pick up the deeper tones with a straight through pipe and it won't be too intrusive. If you want something louder still, see if there is anyone living near you, and if can listen to their set up before buying one. The desirable noise level and tone can be very personnel and annoying if you get it wrong.
Old 08 February 2015, 10:11 PM
Leo900
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G10
If you only want one to be a bit louder, try keeping the standard back box and fitting a straight through center pipe/section. You'll pick up the deeper tones with a straight through pipe and it won't be too intrusive. If you want something louder still, see if there is anyone living near you, and if can listen to their set up before buying one. The desirable noise level and tone can be very personnel and annoying if you get it wrong.
Yeah, thanks some good advice from everyone. Just something that's louder than the standard backbox but not too loud until you really put your foot down!
Old 09 February 2015, 06:41 PM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

invidia n1 sounds best on tickover and mid revs but is sick when open up,its louder with a bung than prodrive box
2nd choice blitz and h&s

Last edited by fawor; 09 February 2015 at 06:46 PM.