Sponsored by:

Avoid ASB Breakers

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2014, 07:08 AM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avoid ASB Breakers

Just abit of advice for people on here if you want to keep your money avoid ASB Breakers.

I bought a turbo for £550 apparently it was posted when no one was in. He didnt help trying to sort it out. Its the sellers duty to sort this and offer refund. And posted a £550 turbo insured for £25.

He has my money, i have no turbo or my money.

Been nearly a month now still nothing!!
Old 10 December 2014, 07:36 AM
angel1368
Scooby Regular

That's a **** take Ian it mate a month , after reading your last thread I wouldn't go near them the way they've dealt so badly with you, hope you get some kind of decent out come to this bud
Old 10 December 2014, 08:08 AM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

A poor situation. Surely it is the sellers responsibility to ensure sufficient insurance cover is in place for goods of this value. There is a lot of issues atm with budget couriers. Tracked insured and signed should be a minimum requirement.
Old 10 December 2014, 08:25 AM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

How did you pay ? I'm guessing either by PayPal gift or bank transfer in which case will be difficult to claim back ... But if he has only insured the turbo for £25 that it compleatly his fault and should be rembursing u the full amount...
Old 10 December 2014, 08:26 AM
spender(again)
Scooby Regular

He's online now - reading this thread perhaps?
Old 10 December 2014, 08:28 AM
A.S.B Breakers
Scooby Regular

It was tracked and signed for.
As stated in many PMs, Citylink say it has been signed for by someone at your address. If it were left with a neighbour tracking would state LWN.
A paypal dispute has been started, they have removed the money from my account so I do not have your money Jamie, and Ive sent all the info they have asked for.
Yes I know its my responsibility until goods are delivered but tracking and citylink say they have been so Im at a loss too until Paypal decide the outcome.

http://www.p4d.co.uk/track?ordernumber=p4d1260584
Old 10 December 2014, 08:29 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Using citylink was your mistake and insuring for £25, come on man thats just taking the **** to save a few quid as you had already done that by using citylink
Old 10 December 2014, 09:04 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by A.S.B Breakers
It was tracked and signed for.
As stated in many PMs, Citylink say it has been signed for by someone at your address. If it were left with a neighbour tracking would state LWN.
A paypal dispute has been started, they have removed the money from my account so I do not have your money Jamie, and Ive sent all the info they have asked for.
Yes I know its my responsibility until goods are delivered but tracking and citylink say they have been so Im at a loss too until Paypal decide the outcome.

http://www.p4d.co.uk/track?ordernumber=p4d1260584
Have you spoke to someone senior at Citylink? Has there been confirmation of signature match? It is common knowledge that Citylink are a shower of shyte and as above insuring for £25?! That's just plain daft.
Old 10 December 2014, 09:35 AM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

messy one for both sides
Old 10 December 2014, 09:38 AM
A.S.B Breakers
Scooby Regular

Yes I thought about this and asked for a copy of signature but citylink said this wouldnt prove a lot as signatures can be changed easily enough.

Even if I insured the parcel for full value and not standard, citylink still wont refund anything as its been signed for and marked as delivered, not lost or missing.

Im more out of pocket just now than jamie. Paypal have removed the full £550 from my account meaning Ive paid the postage costs too.
Old 10 December 2014, 09:42 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Yes I thought about this and asked for a copy of signature but citylink said this wouldnt prove a lot as signatures can be changed easily enough.

Even if I insured the parcel for full value and not standard, citylink still wont refund anything as its been signed for and marked as delivered, not lost or missing.

Im more out of pocket just now than jamie. Paypal have removed the full £550 from my account meaning Ive paid the postage costs too.
I do feel your pain but couriers are very sly, not naming any names but many a time my mum will sign in her name for my parcels and no one bats an eyelid. As long as they have a signature, they have covered their backs and its entirely between the buyer and seller hence I prefer travelling to collect things
Old 10 December 2014, 10:08 AM
A.S.B Breakers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scubbay
messy one for both sides

Indeed. If the shoe was on the other foot there would prob be a thread started "avoid selling to asb"

I wont comment anymore, Id said all I can. If paypal close the dispute in jamies favour then fair enough, ill accept that but I dont think theres many people who would refund £550 for a parcel that tracking says has been delivered and signed for

Last edited by A.S.B Breakers; 10 December 2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10 December 2014, 10:16 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

The only option I can see here is to consider legal action against ****tylink. With the contract being between them and ASB it would be up to ASB to initiate proceedings. Citylink shouldn't be allowed to get away with such blatant skulduggery.

Last edited by Maz; 10 December 2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10 December 2014, 10:31 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
blatant skulduggery.
Proof of this?
Citylink show they have a signature. Whilst it's easily believable that a signature can be falsely entered, proving such a thing has happened I think would be nigh on impossible.
ASB has fulfilled his contract by virtue of the requirement in the Consumer Contracts Regulations "You (the Seller) remain responsible for the goods until the consumer, or someone he/she has nominated, takes possession of them" It seems that Citylink have a delivery receipt with the correct name entered.

Not taking sides at all, but this is far from an obvious seller scam.
Old 10 December 2014, 10:54 AM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not uncommon for a driver to sign for it to bump up the required signature target...
Old 10 December 2014, 10:54 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Proof of this?
Citylink show they have a signature. Whilst it's easily believable that a signature can be falsely entered, proving such a thing has happened I think would be nigh on impossible.
ASB has fulfilled his contract by virtue of the requirement in the Consumer Contracts Regulations "You (the Seller) remain responsible for the goods until the consumer, or someone he/she has nominated, takes possession of them" It seems that Citylink have a delivery receipt with the correct name entered.

Not taking sides at all, but this is far from an obvious seller scam.
Citylink have been known not to offer the best delivery service. I haven't said it's a seller scam but pointed the finger at the courier.

Edited to add the skulduggery charge is levelled at Citylink not ASB.

Last edited by Maz; 10 December 2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10 December 2014, 11:26 AM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

The parcel was apparently delivered at a time when no one was home.

They sent me a copy of the signature and its shocking.

Ive offered to send my passport or driving license signature to prove that its not mine.

Ive chased up both companys. Both blaming one another eventually i spoke to a manager.
He basically said im not the customer so they cannot help me as asb booked the parcel and sent it with out the correct insurance.

Ive done all i can do to resolve this and to be honest asb havent been that helpfull. If he was a proper company i tell you he wouldnt last long with the customer service ive recieved, like he doesnt want responsibility for it.

And no i paid buy paypal for goods not as gift etc good job i did really other wise id be in the ****.

Really pissing me off now been a month nearly just feel like im getting rinsed!!!
Old 10 December 2014, 11:30 AM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

Also i have been told a million times that the driver was coming around to retrieve the parcel. Never shown up!!! Not even once i said this to them all i get is the driver was in the correct geo codes. Im not saying he isnt im the right place but wheres my parcel? No one was in so did he sign it and keep it???
Old 10 December 2014, 11:48 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by L.J.F
It's not uncommon for a driver to sign for it to bump up the required signature target...
Originally Posted by Maz
Citylink have been known not to offer the best delivery service.
I have been running a mail order business for the past 10 years, so I have plenty of experience with stuff like this.
Knowing that this can happen, and proving it when it does, are two different things. I wouldn't use citylink if they did it for free.

Maz I know you were indicating citylink as the scammer, but the finger of blame in this thread (and other threads) is really directed at ASB, and whilst I fully acknowledge the position the OP is in, I can't help but be sympathetic to their situation.
Old 10 December 2014, 12:54 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

ASB, you have to contact the couriers yourself and ask them to prove where it was delivered to. A signature is not sufficient. The buyer cannot open a dispute as you are the account holder. I'd have thought that if you were £550 out of pocket, this is the first thing you would have done??

I work for a company that ships all around the world so I know how it works.
Old 10 December 2014, 01:02 PM
A.S.B Breakers
Scooby Regular

Proof of delivery is acceptable documentation if a buyer files a claim, chargeback, or reversal for either an unauthorized payment or merchandise not received.
Proof of shipment is acceptable documentation if a buyer files a chargeback or reversal for an unauthorized payment.
Here are the specific requirements:
Proof of delivery
You need online tracking information from a shipping company that:
Shows the status as delivered.
Shows the date of delivery
Old 10 December 2014, 01:04 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read asb's itrader feedback,tells you all you need to know!
Old 10 December 2014, 01:06 PM
A.S.B Breakers
Scooby Regular

Ive said already, ive spoken to citylink. Theyve told me it was delivered to the address given when I booked it. Not a neighbour, the exact address.

I have proof of shipping
I have proof of delivery.

I stay over 200 miles from the delivery address, I can only go with whats on my screen and what citylink tell me.
Old 10 December 2014, 01:12 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
Irrelevant in this case Tommy.
This is not a quality issue.
Old 10 December 2014, 01:16 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
Think its better you start a thread about it and ask for "opinions"
Old 10 December 2014, 01:17 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

The Notorious ASB.....Yet again!
Old 10 December 2014, 01:25 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Ive said already, ive spoken to citylink. Theyve told me it was delivered to the address given when I booked it. Not a neighbour, the exact address.

I have proof of shipping

I stay over 200 miles from the delivery address, I can only go with whats on my screen and what citylink tell me.
They are lying. The buyer has offered proof of his signature which does not match, so what the hell is he supposed to do?
Washing your hand of it does not cut it I'm afraid.
Are you seriously saying that you will accept a loss of £550?

Last edited by Gear Head; 10 December 2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10 December 2014, 01:26 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

I have proof of shipping

Buyer can prove that signature does not match his, If you provide that info I'm sure someone will sit up and take note. Would it not be classed as theft if the signatures do not match?
Old 10 December 2014, 01:28 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Buyer can prove that signature does not match his, If you provide that info I'm sure someone will sit up and take note. Would it not be classed as theft if the signatures do not match?
Yes. ASB need to pull their finger out on this one.
Old 10 December 2014, 02:21 PM
A.S.B Breakers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gear Head
ASB, you have to contact the couriers yourself and ask them to prove where it was delivered to. A signature is not sufficient. The buyer cannot open a dispute as you are the account holder. I'd have thought that if you were £550 out of pocket, this is the first thing you would have done??

I work for a company that ships all around the world so I know how it works.
If you click on the tracking link, you can see a claim was started thru p4d (who I originally booked with)
But citylink say its been delivered to that address. Just going round in circles

Quick Reply: Avoid ASB Breakers