Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone interested in me becoming a trader?

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2014, 07:44 PM
type-ellis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone interested in me becoming a trader?

Hi guys and admin. I hope im not doing anything wrong by putting this post up , I am just trying to see if there would be any interest in me becoming a trader on this site and if so admin could you please tell me what I need to do to become a trader.

I have been using the site for quite some years and im not just here to try and line my own pockets. Like all of you on here I am a Subaru owner and a huge petrol head. I have been doing custom fabrication work for some years but over the last few mths ive started to set this up into a small business and I have put a good amount of time and money into it buying a lot of new tools ect to make good quality work.

I love getting involved in peoples projects and love seeing my products fitted to peoples pride and joys, especially if its custom one off work.

Here is the kind of work im doing at the moment

these are fuel tanks that are going to be used on a ducatti racing bike, custom made from a template

Here is a header tank ive just made for my own car ( v6 type r )

If anyone has seen my build thread they may have seen this breather setup ive made

Ok so you get the idea, im not going to post picture after picture, you can see the kind of work I like to do.

So basically I would like to see how much interest there is in myself becoming a trader and offering group buys ect on various items .

I am just starting up so im not a huge business with huge amounts of cash , I have spent most of what I had setting up to get going.

Being on my own means you get to deal with me and not 4 or 5 different people which I think is a huge help when doing custom work, I can be on the end of the phone at any time.

Im not going to rant on any longer as I don't want to upset admin without being an official trader. As said if people reply to this post and there seems like enough interest then I will speak to admin and make it all official and hopefully help some of you guys out with good custom parts at good prices.

Cheers, rich
Old 24 May 2014, 08:40 PM
modrich
Scooby Regular

That's top notch alloy welding there rich, I did alloy welding in my tin bashing apprenticeship years back and know how hard it is to get right! Skills like this are dying out.
Old 24 May 2014, 08:52 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Some good work there mate!!!

Cant see any problems with showing what you can do. Plenty of people work in the car industry on here and show what they can do/been doing!! As long as you havent got a price list next to the stuff your showing, I can see why the admin would delete the thread!!!
Old 24 May 2014, 09:03 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Word of mouth is the best way of advertising.

I rather like this facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/325190347507708/
Old 24 May 2014, 09:39 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Fantastic metal work.
Old 24 May 2014, 10:00 PM
type-ellis
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, I real appreciate your support. Im just trying to make a living doing what I love and at the same time help you guys out as I know how much alloy fabricated stuff is to buy and I know I can do it far cheaper without effecting the quality. At the end of the day if my name is going to it, I take as much pride in work I do on other peoples cars as i do on my own.

And as a genuine note I didn't just put this add up to drum up business , I do want to become a trader and help the site out.

cheers