Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

My Old Astra Coupe Turbo(with Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2013, 08:24 PM
bigphilbaby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Old Astra Coupe Turbo(with Pics)

Snowed in so i thought i share my last car hisory,

here my 1st ever car, was 1.6 16v astra

Loved this car the most, was my first turbo

Here my Old Astra Coupe Turbo, i build this from bog standard 190bhp to just shy 300bhp with whopping 360lbs used pull like mad

Had full spec being climate control, cruise, heated leather seats cd changer

List of what i added,

Changed the bumper to GSI to fit FMIC
3inch exhuast turbo back, pops and bangs were unreal.
Bigger injectors(astra VXR Ones)
Bigger turbo(again astra VXR)
The FMIC(Full kit for astra can now be bought for £200 bargin)
The spoiler was most rare part of the car, costing 500 pound lol
All brakes were uprated
There Mod called CDTI which changed airbox from astra 1.9 cdti but give car alot cooler air and more, also i used vectra air scoop as it was double in size, they dont run on cones very well.
I was one of the very few at the time in uk to run an HKS dump valve on the car due to the car not liking them very much, She used boost at 20PSI and hold at 18PSI, if i had her mapped i could gone to 325 if i changed the cams and intake manifold but i would been getting close to what internals can take.

Sold her for 2600 few months back on 74k which for me was a bargin but i do love my bug eye sti prodrive more!! so was worth it

here few pics

so what your non scooby past cars

Last edited by bigphilbaby; 18 January 2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 18 January 2013, 08:32 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

coupe turbo looks nice,im a vx man aswell so have had my fair share. my favorite was my 1990 black cav gsi 2000 but sadly no pics,heres is one of my old calibra tho and my civic type r (awesome car) which i swapped for my scoob

Old 18 January 2013, 08:39 PM
bigphilbaby
Scooby Regular

i do like the calibra, i have a guy who buy parts from my parts dept at vauxhall and he has 5 of them lol Do like civic and used type r for while but just something lacking performace wise for me but i was used to my astra back then
Old 18 January 2013, 08:43 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigphilbaby
i do like the calibra, i have a guy who buy parts from my parts dept at vauxhall and he has 5 of them lol Do like civic and used type r for while but just something lacking performace wise for me but i was used to my astra back then
i wouldnt say it was slow and because of the noise it made when in vtec it made you feel faster than you were actually going,to be fair i ****ing loved it.if i ever had to get rid of the scoob for financial reasons i would be straight behind the wheel of a type r again.the amount of abuse they take is unreal,one thing which lets it down tho are the brakes.............

5 calibras? tell him to sign up on vxcalibra.com-some great lads on there
Old 18 January 2013, 08:53 PM
bigphilbaby
Scooby Regular

for an performace car the brakes do look small, i drove the newer shape type r in red, was limited edtion type, guy traded in for astra vxr at the time, there guy in work with white one and fair play it does look nice, cost him a bomb in paint job but stands out against other civics, mad how cheap you can now make an astra to 300BHP now but i dont miss it working with vauxhalls every day does do your head in after a while lol

Last edited by bigphilbaby; 18 January 2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 18 January 2013, 08:55 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

for an performace car the brakes do look small, i drove the newer shape type r in red, was limited edtion type, guy traded in for astra vxr at the time, there guy in work with white one and fair play it does look nice, cost him a bomb in paint job but stands out against other civics
i hate the new shape type r. i like vxr's tho and nearly bought one but my heart told me to get a scoob wouldnt mind a monaro tho or a lotus carlton
Old 18 January 2013, 09:05 PM
bigphilbaby
Scooby Regular

i had an monaro for abit and what a car, so far the best car i have even drove, car i hate the most is vx220, cant get out of the bloody things and worse *** pain you ever had lol

Trending Topics

Old 18 January 2013, 09:08 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

i had an monaro for abit and what a car, so far the best car i have even drove, car i hate the most is vx220, cant get out of the bloody things and worse *** pain you ever had lol
i wouldnt be able to get in one

one car i wish i had owned but never did is a mk2 astra gte 16v,i really really like them but they are all rotten now unless you pay ££££ for one.i had a mk2 cav sri 130 aswell which was one of the best cars i have ever owned-it went like stink aswell

good to talk to another vx man
Old 18 January 2013, 09:17 PM
bigphilbaby
Scooby Regular

i run a vauxhall corsa track car with 2.0 8v engine out of mk2 gte spends most of it life at castle combe lol
Old 18 January 2013, 09:25 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

i run a vauxhall corsa track car with 2.0 8v engine out of mk2 gte spends most of it life at castle combe lol
that should be the 20seh lump then same as the mk2 cav lump i had or is it the 20ne engine? either way they are 100% reliable and take staggering levels of abuse aswell
Old 18 January 2013, 09:34 PM
bigphilbaby
Scooby Regular

I am not sure, the casing were the stamp would have been has seen better days, has the oil cooler, i love it, 20 mins to change the clutch lol I have feeling it the 20NE. In next few years i will put z20let in her once prices drop little more
Old 18 January 2013, 09:38 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

I am not sure, the casing were the stamp would have been has seen better days, has the oil cooler, i love it, 20 mins to change the clutch lol I have feeling it the 20NE. In next few years i will put z20let in her once prices drop little more
z20let.................better with a c20let in my opinion altho they are old and still fetch good money,how about a saab lump,they are becoming more popular conversions in the vx scene these days,they are cheap as chips and standard lumps can make big bhp,ask around on mig web for advice
Old 18 January 2013, 10:11 PM
bigphilbaby
Scooby Regular

c20let are nightmare for parts now, most are no longer serviced, amount people i turn away due to no parts anymore is unreal.

saab lump are amazing value for money, power you can get from them standard lump is unreal!!

liking the 2.0 8v at the moment as it nice light engine and revs nice
Old 18 January 2013, 10:48 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My last car was an Astra coupe turbo too, standard though. Quick enough and pretty nice inside but handling wasn't great and I found the suspension quite crashy. They're pretty scarce now, dvla figures show less than 1000 left on the road. Much prefer my Impreza
Old 21 March 2013, 11:02 PM
bigphilbaby
Scooby Regular

up date on my poor old astra, the guy who bought it now painted the wheels orange, taken the rare spoiler off and painted the front grille orange too with stickers all over it, was gutted to see it like that at fast show poured my heart and soul into that car
Old 22 March 2013, 11:41 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

This is my current car, Astra VXR.

It's only my 2nd ever car, my first being a Peugeot 206 1.4L so it was a big step up for me. I love the turbo kick and have done a few mods to it. It's probably running about 260bhp and need to get it mapped. Owned it for almost a year now but I still want a JDM STI at heart

Most recent picture:

Couple older pics:

Last edited by LSherratt; 22 March 2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 23 March 2013, 11:55 PM
bigphilbaby
Scooby Regular

if she running 260 your may already have stage one map on the car, normally stage one is 265
Old 24 March 2013, 10:18 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

if she running 260 your may already have stage one map on the car, normally stage one is 265
Nah I'm just guessing it's running probably about 260hp due to the mods that I've done. But I need to get it mapped to properly take advantage of the mods, that's what I mean

But if you're saying a stage one map is about 260 (totally standard car), I might see 270 after a map then.