Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Our TTRS loving friend getting a shoeing....

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2012, 09:06 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our TTRS loving friend getting a shoeing....

...over on Pistonheads.

http://mobile.pistonheads.com/gassin...%29&mid=133065
Old 16 January 2012, 09:56 PM
LEO-RS
Scooby Regular

Now now, just keeping them on their toes GTR is the fastest thing ever made and all that
Old 16 January 2012, 10:03 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Old 16 January 2012, 10:05 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

In summary and I quote;

"Only someone who really liked the taste of windows could argue the case for a TT over a GT-R. GT-R vs 997 Turbo would be a more sensible comparison."

"Arrogant twonk."

keep up the good work Leo/Mitchy, god loves a trier!
Old 16 January 2012, 10:15 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Its a shame that this is still going on, two totally different cars, I would sell a bollock to get a GTR.

I would have to check that i had bollocks to own a TTRS, even some of the guys on RS246 don't like it. IMO only as i have not driven either and prob wont ever be able to afford one.

Opinion
Old 16 January 2012, 10:24 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

Lol that nobody aspires to own a GTR.

I'd sell my right nut for a GTR and I'd have one over a 997 911 Turbo as well. It's not like I'm a 172 driving ned that views the GTR as the pinnacle of motoring either. I just think it's a stunning/mean looking car with all the credentials to back it up. Aside from running costs, it has very few weak points.

TTRS is a nice enough car but not even close to a GTR all round and far too cute looking.
Old 16 January 2012, 10:25 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I love a good argument but I am going to bow out now.

Old 16 January 2012, 10:27 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Mind you all this argument about the 911 Turbo which is a fat, old mans, pick up totty car. For drivers who think a 911 Turbo is about driving

Back on topic - one the one hand my car is faster than anything on the planet; on the other hand you can't drive fast on public roads and I am not insured to go on track or drive fast.

I am missing the point somewhere here.

Oh, and did I say, I am going to bow out of this one now.
Old 17 January 2012, 08:07 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trout
Mind you all this argument about the 911 Turbo which is a fat, old mans, pick up totty car. For drivers who think a 911 Turbo is about driving

Back on topic - one the one hand my car is faster than anything on the planet; on the other hand you can't drive fast on public roads and I am not insured to go on track or drive fast.

I am missing the point somewhere here.

Oh, and did I say, I am going to bow out of this one now.

That's a bit harsh I think. The 996 tt was all the things you said, the most disappointing and deflating test drive I've ever had.

The 997tt I had a quick drive in a couple of years back felt fun. It seemed to feel lighter, more responsive, lithe etc. Engine noise was still a little disappointing but that's turbo charged engines for you I suppose.

It may not be as focused as a GT3 but it's not a pudding either. On the positive side it doesn't have scaffolding in the back so you could shoe horn in a small child and you can clear speed bumps without an optional extra.
Old 17 January 2012, 08:41 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

But I thought you have a GT3 RS ?

Old 17 January 2012, 09:51 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Anyway - as I said I going to bow out of this thread now.

But, anyway, before I go I would say that the GT3 and the 911 turbo are like chalk and cheese - different cars for different markets.
Old 17 January 2012, 09:56 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Old 17 January 2012, 09:56 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

All I can say is I would love to be in the position to discuss these cars knowing I had the finances to own any of them, GTR, TT-RS, 911 Turbo or GT3.
What makes me laugh on PH is that 50% of the drongoes that laugh at the owners of these cars only own nice metal on Forza 4. Fricking armchair Evo journalists.
Old 17 January 2012, 10:17 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Anyway - as I said I going to bow out of this thread now.

But, anyway, before I go I would say that the GT3 and the 911 turbo are like chalk and cheese - different cars for different markets.

You seem to be doing a lot of bowing these days
Old 17 January 2012, 10:19 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

It's a great BBS technique I learned - I wonder where.

Anyway, I am going to bow out of this thread now
Old 17 January 2012, 11:29 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Shame really the marque has these kind of people behind it.

The only current viable replacement for my R32 (golf, not nissan ) is a TTRS.
As the RS3 is only available as a automatic and I hate automatics on sports cars.
And the Golf R is a limp-wristed over-boosted 4pot

Its a no-goer currently as its too expensive at the moment. I nearly went for a current shape TTS 3.2 to get something newer than what I have, but I couldn't find a second hand one with magnetic ride suspension and recaro bucket seats...seems too many TT owners were too tight arsed to spec them up properly when they were new.

Point about the 911 Turbo dates back to the 1980's FFS . ( Its still valid today, in a way....well for any turbocharged car to some extent )

Last edited by ALi-B; 17 January 2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: smilies ;)
Old 17 January 2012, 11:48 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

The marque has this kind of people as it reflects the cars

No idea what you mean by your comment on 911 Turbo means.

Anyway, I am going to bow out of this thread now.
Old 17 January 2012, 11:55 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Keep bowing

My point is for as long as I've known of the 911 turbo's existance, people have long said the non-turbo 'sporty' versions are the better driver's cars. Whereas the Turbo is just for ***** waving.
Old 17 January 2012, 12:01 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Heck his mapped TTRS will whoop just about anything in a standing start straight line launched controlled computer assisted bum **** to 100mph.
Old 17 January 2012, 12:20 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Keep bowing

My point is for as long as I've known of the 911 turbo's existance, people have long said the non-turbo 'sporty' versions are the better driver's cars. Whereas the Turbo is just for ***** waving.
I am with you
Old 17 January 2012, 12:24 PM
LEO-RS
Scooby Regular

The marque has this kind of people as it reflects the cars

No idea what you mean by your comment on 911 Turbo means.

Anyway, I am going to bow out of this thread now.
Thought you were bowing out, funny the first time but jeazo, you must be bored old chap

Will we see you and your machine at the MLR 30-130 event coming up in March, no traction advantage from the likes of the TTRS and GTR so your GT3RS should fare well if you have the ***** to put it against the clock

997TTS is the car to have, absolute animalAs said in the other thread Nissan have had 3 cracks at the whip now and still cant make it accelerate quicker. Cant wait to see the new 991 turbos.

Alloy, will you be making an appearance at Marham?
Old 17 January 2012, 12:30 PM
LEO-RS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Shame really the marque has these kind of people behind it.

The only current viable replacement for my R32 (golf, not nissan ) is a TTRS.
As the RS3 is only available as a automatic and I hate automatics on sports cars.
And the Golf R is a limp-wristed over-boosted 4pot

Its a no-goer currently as its too expensive at the moment. I nearly went for a current shape TTS 3.2 to get something newer than what I have, but I couldn't find a second hand one with magnetic ride suspension and recaro bucket seats...seems too many TT owners were too tight arsed to spec them up properly when they were new.
Have you tried the DSG box, it's not fully auto, there are 2 manual modes with the flappy paddles and the old school gear lever. Still not as fun as the proper manual box but I find it a good compromise.

TTS comes with a 2.0T 270hp engine. TT 3.2 N/A 250bhp engine. I'm sure you can pick the earlier TTS cars up for £20k or so and there are early 06/07 3.2's for £15k or so.
Old 17 January 2012, 12:39 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

TTRS spotted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Z6E290c5s
Old 17 January 2012, 12:40 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LEO-RS
Thought you were bowing out, funny the first time but jeazo, you must be bored old chap

Will we see you and your machine at the MLR 30-130 event coming up in March, no traction advantage from the likes of the TTRS and GTR so your GT3RS should fare well if you have the ***** to put it against the clock

997TTS is the car to have, absolute animalAs said in the other thread Nissan have had 3 cracks at the whip now and still cant make it accelerate quicker. Cant wait to see the new 991 turbos.

Alloy, will you be making an appearance at Marham?
997TTS weights over 200kg lighter and has the same if not more HP....its no doubt one hell of a fast car! But then your argument of the TTRS with a remap being as fast as a GTR comes to mind and with the price difference of the 997T vs GTR the arguement would be a mapped GTR is as fast as a 997TS zzzzzzzz

I'm going on the Saturday, wouldn't want to be associating myself with the likes of you and the other riff raff on the Sunday
Old 17 January 2012, 12:41 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

997TTS is the car to have, absolute animal
You really have no fecking clue do you?
Old 17 January 2012, 12:41 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Have you tried the DSG box, it's not fully auto, there are 2 manual modes with the flappy paddles and the old school gear lever. Still not as fun as the proper manual box but I find it a good compromise.

TTS comes with a 2.0T 270hp engine. TT 3.2 N/A 250bhp engine. I'm sure you can pick the earlier TTS cars up for £20k or so and there are early 06/07 3.2's for £15k or so.
Yes: I hate it. As you say, its not as fun and its a compromise; Jack of all trades, master of none (except 0.0000000001 second shift times ). I call it an automatic because thats what it officially is (look at the V5 ).

I don't want a 2.0 4-pot turbo, been there done that. Bored of the lack of low end grunt and narrower powerband, plus it sounds horrible. The 2.5 5 pot has the extra capacity to compensate for that and does at least sound nice.

Forget figures. its how it drives, responds and sounds that is important.

Also, you also missed the magnetic ride and recaro buckets. Its important to me (as a replacement VAG without magnetic ride is no improvement to what I already have). MOST TTs do not have this bar the RS.

Last edited by ALi-B; 17 January 2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: ;)
Old 17 January 2012, 01:04 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I wondered how long it would take him to mention.

Remap
DSG

Didn't take long.
Old 17 January 2012, 01:05 PM
LEO-RS
Scooby Regular

You really have no fecking clue do you?
Says the balding middle aged man with bright red stickers and scaffolding in the boot

I will never ever see a race track. I have absolutely no interest in the Nurburgring or any race track for that matter so dont and will never ever need a track car setup. Saying I have no clue because I would opt for a turbo over an RS model is blinkered old chap.

Get your **** to Marham, see if that £100k+ was money wisely spent, you couldnt have a little gayboy TT beating you could you

Originally Posted by alloy

I'm going on the Saturday, wouldn't want to be associating myself with the likes of you and the other riff raff on the Sunday
Good god, get over yourself fella. I reckon its because you'll not want a TT showing you up, the shame

Originally Posted by stilover
I wondered how long it would take him to mention.

Remap
DSG

Didn't take long.
Who? Where? No talk of TTRS DSG in this thread thus far, you have been the first to mention

Last edited by LEO-RS; 17 January 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 17 January 2012, 01:36 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by alloy
Eh, that's the Evo day isn't it ... you have one?

Saw the P/Heads thread last night before I saw this, tbf to Leo he's hanging in there against stiff opposition!

TX.
Old 17 January 2012, 01:45 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Says the balding middle aged man with bright red stickers and scaffolding in the boot

I will never ever see a race track. I have absolutely no interest in the Nurburgring or any race track for that matter so dont and will never ever need a track car setup. Saying I have no clue because I would opt for a turbo over an RS model is blinkered old chap.

Get your **** to Marham, see if that £100k+ was money wisely spent, you couldnt have a little gayboy TT beating you could you

Good god, get over yourself fella. I reckon its because you'll not want a TT showing you up, the shame

More evidence, not that any is really needed, that your interest in cars has little to do with driving.

In that respect - then yes you are right - it is horses for courses.

If you ever do discover an interest in driving then lets go to Cadwell or Donington, or even Bedford (less scary for the naif) then you enjoy what cars are designed for.

Quick Reply: Our TTRS loving friend getting a shoeing....