Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Internet in vehicles idea.

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2011, 11:17 AM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Internet in vehicles idea.

Hello folks, i am not stealing anybody's idea.Clarkson touched on this, what about having webcams & internet in your car ( retro fitted or factory ).Can use the cameras for security too.Or is that too many cameras ?.Could have slide out keyboards, in the dash, usb ports for your own or wireless keyboards.The mouse needs to go somewhere aswell.

Last edited by ScooByer Trade; 08 November 2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08 November 2011, 11:18 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Carputer does the computer in the car bit. I think the camera system is called Blackhawk. A lot of people use them to catch out garages raping their pride and joy.
Old 08 November 2011, 12:16 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

I think we can get wifi in cars now ( Chrysler did it since 09 ).So i can't see why the internet screen can't be in the dash in Full HD or using the latest unsold tech .All internet wifi related computers should work now ( IPAD2, PSP etc ).Plus we've had factory fitted tv's since the BMW 7 series ( 94-95 ), so why shouldn't they be digital now.

Last edited by ScooByer Trade; 08 November 2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08 November 2011, 02:11 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

Ive got a computer in my car, built a small acer computer into the glove box with a 7" touchscreen in the double din slot.

Main reason was the ecu i have has a dash output function in the software so the screen could be setup to show all the gauges rather than cluttering up the dash.

With this i also got satnav (garmin does a pc based thing with a usb gps dongle), and all of my music on the hard drive.

If the pc is powerful enough then webcams, radio, internet is all easily do-able.... as easy as anything is on a pc i mean.
Old 09 November 2011, 07:47 PM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

internet will be a doddle of you already have a carputer, just acuire a 3G dongle from a mobile provider of your choice but then you are the mercy of the providers coverage of the areas you drive through. Don't need to be powerful, hell the busses in Cambridge have Wi-FI on them LOL

IPAD2 come in 3G format so that to would solve the mobile internet, media center options for the car.....

IPAD FITTING
Old 10 November 2011, 07:02 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by legacy_gtb
Ive got a computer in my car, built a small acer computer into the glove box with a 7" touchscreen in the double din slot.

Main reason was the ecu i have has a dash output function in the software so the screen could be setup to show all the gauges rather than cluttering up the dash.

With this i also got satnav (garmin does a pc based thing with a usb gps dongle), and all of my music on the hard drive.

If the pc is powerful enough then webcams, radio, internet is all easily do-able.... as easy as anything is on a pc i mean.
What ecu is that?
Old 10 November 2011, 07:06 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Trouble is while yur waiting in the car for the wife you'll treat yourself to a bit of ****.. Big no no in tesco car park!

Trending Topics

Old 10 November 2011, 11:09 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

I don't like 'phones in cars, never mind bloody Faceberk.
Old 12 November 2011, 03:48 PM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Trouble is while yur waiting in the car for the wife you'll treat yourself to a bit of ****.. Big no no in tesco car park!
you'll only do it once LOL