Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Seat Leon FR TFSi

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2009, 02:50 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat Leon FR TFSi

ok decided against a V50 (other thread) and was thinking of the Leon FR TDi but after reading about problems with the DPF if used on short runs (which i do) and poor mpg i've decided the TFSi would be better.
I've seen a couple for sale - 2007 models with <60k but the dealers are now closed (blooming xmas) so it'll be next week before i can enquire

What's the difference between the TFSi FR and the Cupra?
Is the TFSi engine identical to the MK5 golf GTi?
Old 24 December 2009, 09:59 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the engine is the same as the GTi.

If you were looking at a V50, what about an Octavia vRS? Bigger, nicer inside (IMHO) and similar performance and costs.

Steve
Old 25 December 2009, 01:48 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve vRS
I believe the engine is the same as the GTi.

If you were looking at a V50, what about an Octavia vRS? Bigger, nicer inside (IMHO) and similar performance and costs.

Steve
Octavia is a bit too big - V50 was an option because of its looks - this was too big really

The Leon is a good size and with the BTCC front bumper and skirts it looks sporty enough but i'm wondering if going from a Dreamscience ST to the TFSi will be a big step backwards?
I don't drive the ST much (mainly to work and back - 8 miles each way) but it's good to know if some idiot tailgates then i can leave a big gap - i guess the 197bhp leon will be ok power wise, looks good but it's the potential problems which i worry about when the car is out of warranty

I've had numerous VAGs in the past and they seem to go through MAFs, sensors, Coilpacks, etc which makes them expensive to run
Old 25 December 2009, 04:21 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I've got an 09 Cupra and whilst it's ok as a daily drive I think it would be a nightmare if you were to think about a track day in it. I've found more than a few short comings when getting it on the boil but I cannot fault it for the every day stuff that it does very well.

It's got plenty of poke when you get traction but that's a problem in anything but the driest of conditions.

It's got the same engine as the Audi S3 and I think the FR has the same engine as the golf GTI. So far I've done 15K in mine. I'm reasonably hard on it but it's been faultless.
Old 25 December 2009, 05:15 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Cheers Daz - from what i've read the FR has a harder ride than the Cupra? and has 197bhp where your has 240bhp

Looks wise they're the same a little more black on the Cupra front bumper) but i'd get the BTcc bumper and skirts.
The FR i'm looking at has the horrible 17" alloys which would have to be changed but apart from that i think if it was trouble free then it should be a good everyday car.
reviews show an average of 28mpg around town so that's 5 more than the ST.

I was worried about problems on the Seat as the previous VAGs i've had have had EGR valves, MAFs, Coilpacks, sensors, etc which are expensive and this i can do without
Old 25 December 2009, 08:29 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Ive had 4 Scoobies but this year bought myself a Leon Cupra 1.8T done a bit of work to it and tracked it a couple of times this year

Not bad cars bud ................
Old 25 December 2009, 11:10 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny E
Ive had 4 Scoobies but this year bought myself a Leon Cupra 1.8T done a bit of work to it and tracked it a couple of times this year

Not bad cars bud ................
I had a Revo'd Cupra in blue (quite rare) a few years ago - full leather, etc - lasted about a month before i got bored
I'm on my 50th car now (leon would be 51) so you could say i'm a bit fussy

Old 26 December 2009, 12:13 AM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

I to get bored

Allways wanted a Clio Trophy perhaps this year

But i do like my Cupra its getting a stage 2 map soon ,i will see what its like after that.........................