Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Vectra 3.0 v6 cdti?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2009, 01:22 PM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vectra 3.0 v6 cdti?

whats anyones thoughts or opinions on these?. Had a go in my mates and was very impressed
Old 29 November 2009, 08:49 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Same engine thats in the Saab 95... and when I did a bit of reading on them, seem to have a known problem IIRC they bend rods with/without a remap under the belt. Put me right off the (brief) idea about them.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 30 November 2009, 12:17 AM
runton1
Scooby Newbie

Default what a car

i think these cars are fantastic ive got one and owned it for 8 months its cost me fortune in new parts every month but worth every penny when i keep up with some scoobs and type r's in my vauxhall durv realy makes me smile a simple remap can produce 403lb ft of torque and 237bhp not bad for the money hey
Old 30 November 2009, 07:44 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by runton1
i think these cars are fantastic ive got one and owned it for 8 months its cost me fortune in new parts every month but worth every penny when i keep up with some scoobs and type r's in my vauxhall durv realy makes me smile a simple remap can produce 403lb ft of torque and 237bhp not bad for the money hey
Depends what it stands you at what was the cost of the car and how much have you spent on parts, and what were the parts?
Old 30 November 2009, 08:09 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

A vauxhall that costs a fortune to keep on the road, who would have thought...
Old 30 November 2009, 08:39 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
A vauxhall that costs a fortune to keep on the road, who would have thought...
Just what I was thinking having just had to spend £700 getting the wifes Corsa through it's MOT, it won't see another one thats for sure!
Old 30 November 2009, 09:16 AM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

the gains from a remap put it to 220hp and 320lbs the 400 u will of seen is in nms

Trending Topics

Old 30 November 2009, 12:32 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

well no reason not to buy one there then. I nearly rushed off to buy one, then I remembered my impreza has cost me not a penny in parts in the 2 something years I've owned it.

Old 30 November 2009, 01:18 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

It seems a bit silly to me.

The whole point of a diesel is to save money on fuel. whats the point if this saving is erroded every month if your throwing money at it?

Surely you'd be better off with a more powerful and more reliable petrol engine i.e. a VXR
Old 30 November 2009, 01:24 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

320lbs/ft through the front wheels with no LSD or "magic" revoknuckle - uh oh...

If my 1.9CDTi 150 engine had died out of warranty (it was 2 years old so fine) I reckon the bill would have been well over £2k...
Old 30 November 2009, 06:48 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AFAIK this is the BMW 330d engine.

Tony
Old 30 November 2009, 08:57 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Never heard of GM collaborating with BMW...
Old 30 November 2009, 09:00 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
Vauxhall Omega 2.5 TD, BMW engine.....

Tony
Old 30 November 2009, 09:04 PM
Stryder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
Only the 2.5 tds that was in the Omega was a detuned version of one found in the old E34 and early E39 BM's and Ranger Rovers.

The Vectra remember has a V6 not a straight 6 like the Beemers.
Old 30 November 2009, 09:04 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I saw a chipped vectra hooning down the M1 a while back..

When I say saw - I didn't see much of the car just a massive cloud of black smoke.

Thought they might be pikies
Old 30 November 2009, 09:44 PM
runton1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
Depends what it stands you at what was the cost of the car and how much have you spent on parts, and what were the parts?
i bought the car for £2900 on a 2006 55 plate from the boys in blue (ex intercepter car) with uprated garret turbo had steal plate welded in the roof as it did have the flashey ones on the roof had a full respray done alloys refurbed in evolution grey hed a fuel leak day after i bought it so got that sorted (was fuel return valve) then a noise comeing from engine on drivers side was the drive belt pulley tensioner belt was knakered then noise came again turned out a guide pulley had gone and broke yet another tensioner bearing inmind these cost £138 plus vat and fitting then was getting realy sootie when driven hard so had service done then another noise from same place this time was alternator pulley had to wait ten days for that to come from germany opel and yes it needed another tensioner and belt had all brakes done at same time and it is going back in to garage on wednesday for same noise but this time should be a freebee as sounds like same pulley will be getting 4 new 215 35 17 inch tyres fitted for mot due on 7th so all in all if any one is thinking of getting one i would change all the auxilary pullys and guides along with a new tensioner all at same time then you should have yourself a nice car for not a lot of money and only insurance group 12
Old 01 December 2009, 06:02 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They go like stink when they are running but can be money pits, gf's uncle spent over 2.5k in 12 months then traded it in for a kia
Old 01 December 2009, 11:35 AM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

i bought the car for £2900 on a 2006 55 plate from the boys in blue (ex intercepter car) with uprated garret turbo had steal plate welded in the roof as it did have the flashey ones on the roof had a full respray done alloys refurbed in evolution grey hed a fuel leak day after i bought it so got that sorted (was fuel return valve) then a noise comeing from engine on drivers side was the drive belt pulley tensioner belt was knakered then noise came again turned out a guide pulley had gone and broke yet another tensioner bearing inmind these cost £138 plus vat and fitting then was getting realy sootie when driven hard so had service done then another noise from same place this time was alternator pulley had to wait ten days for that to come from germany opel and yes it needed another tensioner and belt had all brakes done at same time and it is going back in to garage on wednesday for same noise but this time should be a freebee as sounds like same pulley will be getting 4 new 215 35 17 inch tyres fitted for mot due on 7th so all in all if any one is thinking of getting one i would change all the auxilary pullys and guides along with a new tensioner all at same time then you should have yourself a nice car for not a lot of money and only insurance group 12
Here, feel free to use some of these

::::::::

then I might have a clue as to what you're trying to say.

you bought a thrashed to hell and back ex squad car ?? Really ???
Old 01 December 2009, 08:45 PM
runton1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by austinwrx
Here, feel free to use some of these

::::::::

then I might have a clue as to what you're trying to say.

you bought a thrashed to hell and back ex squad car ?? Really ???
its sounds to me like you should be worried about your car you havent spent a penny on it in last two years HELLO! its a SUBARU you need to look after these cars could be ready for a fat bill yourself seen as it sounds like you dont maintain yours
Old 02 December 2009, 11:01 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

When I looked into this a while ago I am sure the 3.0 v6 diesel was out of the Isuzu Trooper

Did not know they had such problems though.
Old 02 December 2009, 11:18 PM
runton1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by SPEN555
When I looked into this a while ago I am sure the 3.0 v6 diesel was out of the Isuzu Trooper

Did not know they had such problems though.
yes spen555 that would sound right more or less everything under the bonnet has isuzu on it including the ECU
Old 03 December 2009, 12:46 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

its sounds to me like you should be worried about your car you havent spent a penny on it in last two years HELLO! its a SUBARU you need to look after these cars could be ready for a fat bill yourself seen as it sounds like you dont maintain yours
Divvy !

Its serviced at Subaru as per schedule. Of course its never needed anything, except service items. i.e oil for example.