Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2009, 08:11 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO: Veyron vs GTR

Part 1: Bugatti Veyron | Car video | evo

Part 2: Bugatti Veyron | Car video | evo

No suprise the Veyron has immense power, but i feel the GTR for it's price can still be proud
Old 21 July 2009, 10:44 AM
nisr227
Scooby Regular

The GTR still impresses me more everytime I see it, it didn't do that bad, I would of prefered to see the Veyron trying to follow a GTR on a fast A and B road.

I have no interest in the Veyron, even if I admire the engineering gone into it, and after hearing the Evo article about its running costs (4 years & 3000 miles per annum a Veyron will cost £56k for servicing £29.9k for wheels and, are you sitting down, £101,200 for tyres!) its even far far more expensive than its new price even suggests. Winning millions on the lottery wouldn't even be enough to run that car.

Just wait until Mines, and other Skyline tuners improve the GTR at a fraction of the cost, they would be awesome.

or as articles/videos go maybe I'l like to see the Veyron against another GTR........the Ultima GTR720 instead!

The Veyron is just a nice poster to have on kids bedroom walls, the Nissan GTR on the other hand is a car that the we can all (and the kids) can live upto one day, knowing that it is affordable for some at the moment, and many more in a few years time.
Old 21 July 2009, 11:11 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Hennessy GTR 800 or the Gumball GTR would make good viewing.

I'll be willing to stick my GTR with COBB and Y Pipe up against one on a B road.....just need to find a Veyron now haha
Old 21 July 2009, 12:00 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

veryon's will be on Ebay in a couple of years
Old 21 July 2009, 01:18 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

I thought the article was a complete waste of time - they knew there was no contest

I have purchased Evo magazine ever since issue 1. Articles like this are the last straw, they are going more and more towards a very small portion of the population with their reviews of exotica. One of the long termers is a Paganini - just how many of us can afford a brand new or decent second hand Paganini

I think Evo has gone downhill in the last 6 months especially - I was bored with the last couple of issues - I voted with my wallet and wont be buying any more Evo's..... after cancelling my subscription
Old 21 July 2009, 02:59 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Weird test and camera angles. 1st part the GTR looked to have far better traction and acceleration. On the 2nd part the Veyron is booting it off and the GTR hasnt even moved....

Simon
Old 21 July 2009, 03:27 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Was going to start this thread lol!

It's becoming pathetic the way that EVO is testing cars that are in a different league/category.
Then again maybe it just shows what a beast the R-35 is and seeing that it has vaped all the other competition, the veyron is all that is left.
Old 21 July 2009, 03:28 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fangoria
I thought the article was a complete waste of time - they knew there was no contest

I have purchased Evo magazine ever since issue 1. Articles like this are the last straw, they are going more and more towards a very small portion of the population with their reviews of exotica. One of the long termers is a Paganini - just how many of us can afford a brand new or decent second hand Paganini

I think Evo has gone downhill in the last 6 months especially - I was bored with the last couple of issues - I voted with my wallet and wont be buying any more Evo's..... after cancelling my subscription
I have to agree, it's becoming ridiculous.
Old 21 July 2009, 04:15 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Think I mean Pagani rather than the racing bike frame makers Paganini ;-)